[1.2.2] PEW continued R14 122 Beta

SpannerMonkey(smce)

wjyvld.png

SM Armory presents  a continuation

Promethium Experimental Weaponry

Originally created by LordPrometheus

PEW 122 Beta

Promethium industries proudly presents the latest in conventional weaponry! Our catalog includes 38 missile weapons and  unguided munitions! Place your orders today!

Promethium industries is not responsible for any damage to any persons or objects of any kind and from any source that may possibly be traced to any of the items sold by our organization. All sales are final.

QVDMjgZ.png

ok8gqTp.png

Air to Air Missiles:

AIM-54 Phoenix: the AIM-54 Phoenix was a long range air to air missile utilized by the United States Navy and Airforce and carried exclusively by the F-14 tomcat which was the only aircraft that had both the agility and strength to utilize them properly. They were replaced by the shorter range AMRAAM but remain in service with the Iranian Air Force. They use the same basic body as the AGM-65 Maverick and AIM-4 falcon. This missile is Radar guided and has a very high speed and long range.

R-37 NATO Reporting name "Arrow": This very long range Russian air to air missile packs a large warhead and its modernized Radar guidance makes it a significant threat to any aircraft.

R-73 NATO Reporting name "Archer": This short range Russian air to air missile is comparable to the AIM-9 sidewinder. You will find this missile to have a shorter range than but be more maneuverable than the sidewinder. It, like the sidewinder uses Infrared Guidance.

R-77 NATO Reporting name "Adder": This medium range Russian air to air missile is a direct counterpart to the AMRAAM. This missile is a very good all around weapon and is incredibly maneuverable due to its fin design. It uses radar guidance like the AMRAAM.

AIM-26 Falcon: nuclear air to air missile Yes i said NUCLEAR AIR TO AIR MISSILE. This exits because in the early days of guided missiles the proposed target was formations of strategic bombers and since there was no truly reliable guidance and having a single weapon take down all aircraft was a valid technique. Radar Guided.

R-27 NATO Reporting Name "Alamo": a medium range heat seeking missile

R-27ERT NATO Reporting Name " Alamo-C ": a medium range heat seeking missile Texture supplied by @RGBPeter

Air to Ground Missiles

AGM-84-SLAM-ER: This medium range GPS guided air to ground missile is based off of the RGM-84 Harpoon. This missile is shorter than its ground launched counterpart due to its lack of a solid rocket booster and has a shorter range but uses the same warhead and attack method of low altitude flight to the target. It is more powerful than the AGM-65 Maverick but much slower and less agile.

AGM-109 Penguin: this cool little laser guided anti ship missile packs a punch!

KH-35 NATO Reporting name "Kayak": This subsonic anti-ship missile is of such similar role and shape to the American Harpoon missile it is known as the "Harpoonski" by U.S forces. This is a GPS guided cruise missile at its core.

Kh-29L NATO Reporting name "Kedge": This heavy Russian air to ground missile is laser guided like the AGM-65 Maverick but possesses a much heavier warhead at a proportionate loss of speed.

Kh-31P NATO Reporting name "Krypton":: this ultra cool Russian Anti-Radiation missile is very pretty in my opinion but was a pain to make

Kh-38 "NATO Reporting name not found :( : Say goodby to ground targets in a whole new way with this Heat seeking AGM.

9m120m 'Ataka' NATO Reporting name "Spiral-2": A short range Laser Guided Russian air to ground missile comparable to the AGM-114 hellfire but with a slightly smaller warhead. This is actually a fairly old missile but The version here is a modernized variant still used by the Russian army and air force. This missile also fits the Tunguska AAMT

P-800 'Oniks' NATO Reporting name "Strobile": This very long range supersonic Russian cruise missile (warning do not use at close range or launch from supersonic speeds bad things happen!) is GPS guided and very very powerful as well as hard to defend against.

Ground to Air

57E6BGM   Produced by  SM Armory a  short range radar guided  missile intended for use the the TunguskaAAMT anti aircraft turret assembly.Please observe the safety instructions on the missile in the latest low observability microfont weight saving ink

Ground to Ground Missiles

RGM-84 Harpoon: The RGM-84 harpoon is a medium range ship to ship missile powered by a turbojet and assisted by a small solid rocket booster. It flies relatively slow for a missile at around 250m/s but has a very high hit probability as it flies only a few meters above the water which allows it to more easily avoid detection and air defenses. It has a 228kg armor piercing high explosive warhead that is designed to rupture the hulls of warships and cause them to sink however it can be used against ground targets as well. It flies as a cruise missile using GPS Guidance.

M-31 Artillery missile: A medium range GPS guided Missile for all your anti ground vehicle needs.

BGM-109D Tomahawk Cruise Missile: my most frustrating weapon to make yet but i am very pleased with the end result and this GPS guided cruise missile works great. Available now in A  C versions courtesy of @XOC2008 Please check details before arming

Surface to Air missiles

MIM-14 Nike Hercules Nuclear surface to air missile: The legendary missile comes to life to ensure the death of any aircraft within 1km of detonation. It is Radar Guided.

RIM-174 ERAM: This is a V-launch surface to air missile used on NATO warships for defense against aircraft and heavy missile systems. It is a bit less maneuverable than the PAC-3 but much more powerful. It is Radar guided.

RIM-162 ESSM: this radar guided missile falls somewhere between the RIM-116 and RIM-174 in terms of range and power.

RIM-116 rolling airframe missile: the RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile is a small surface to air missile utilized by the United States Navy for CIWS purposes. Often fired in pairs they are based off of the AIM-9 sidewinder however the newer versions are much easier to distinguish from the AIM-9 as they do not have a uniform width an are shorter. The missiles have a rolling airframe design meaning they rotate to create torque for yaw rather than use a dedicated control surface. They fly at high speeds but have a limited range and small warhead so more than one may be required to take down a larger or more durable target. It is IR guided.

9m311: A short range Russian SAM comparable to the RIM-116. This is used by the beast Kashtan CIWS unit and also launched from tanks and land based SAM systems. It is Radar Guided unlike the RIM-116 however.

9M96E2: This medium range Russian SAM hosts the highest kill probability of any system in existence. Don't let its smaller size fool you this missile has a 90% chance to hit any target within 120km. this compared to the 50-70% for a PAC-3 at the same range. It uses Radar Guidance.

FIM/AIM-92 Stinger: This nimble little heat seeker is fast and lightweight.

Decoys

ADM-160A MALD: This small lightweight decoy is used to distract enemy weapons. it behaves like a cruise missile but does no damage on impact. GPS Guided.

Turrets: larger slower shell than the Abrams 20% increased ROF 25% lower accuracy

M3 Bradley IFV Turret: low rate of fire but deadly ( still no active launcher here, despite many attempts it's simply not going to work using the same model, and will require a new launcher and custom missiles)

T-90MS MBT Turret: Lots and lots of explosive 30x165mm rounds

Mk.19 Automatic 40mm Grenade Launcher turret: SUPPRESSING FIRE!

2K22 Tunguska: ground vehicle air defense with two 30x165mm guns

TunguskaAAMT  An SM Armory overhaul of the P.E.W Tunguska twin barrelled 30x165mm AA turret. In the recent overhaul the structure was reworked and 2 Quad missile pods for short range  radar guided air defense have been enabled This turret uses, as per specification, the newly released 57E6E Missile. Use of other missiles may result in R.U.D and possibly a scratch or bruise, maybe two.

Phalanx CIWS: The long awaited return please don't complain about the scale this is how big it actually is!

Bombs

GBU-57A: This MOP (Massive Ordnance Perpetrator) is a 15 metric ton bunker buster

BLU-82 'Daisy Cutter': The legendary Daisy cutter is a 6.8 metric ton dumb bomb with a large blast radius but surprisingly low blast strength.

GBU-53/A Small Diameter Bomb: A very small but precise GPS Guided bomb

Utilities

AN/AWW-13: this is an external radar pod used by the US armed forces

Sargent Fletcher class Drop tank: pretty self explanatory.

NOTE Nuclear variants require NKD

This version also requires CAL Community ammunition Library

There may be bugs , there may be un found problems, we gave it a good shot at catching them all, but we can't think of every single eventuality especially after weeks and weeks of part and cfg bashing, it all gets a bit fuzzy.

So be nice, if there's a problem that's easily fixed I'll try to get it sorted ASAP, but as is the fashion these days and something I support, if you don't make a sensible bug or error report, I'll ignore it, so things like " X dont do Y fix it" will not get you anywhere,  Likewise failure to supply a log and if possible steps to reproduce your problem, will also result in no acknowledgement of your issue

Stuff spoiler

Spoiler

SEE this post for a fix for NKD 122

CC-BY-SA

Thanks as always to @gomker @V8jester @XOC2008 and occasionally @colmo :P for testing bug hunting and sanity preservation

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
Important announcement closing down sale

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Debatable,  but with something upcoming it may become very effective so I decided to leave it in for now as it's a no load part

Looking forward to it! If I need to test anything else just let me know. :D

I personally think Oniks is kinda broken right now.

It reaches 200 m/s right after launch and further accelerates to 1000m/s in no time - that's not how real Oniks performs, its max speed is only around 750 m/s. Also booster stage is way too powerful unlikrethe real one.

I played with its cfg to make it behave more like real missile. If you're interested, I can send it to you.

Edited by Wyleg

1 hour ago, Wyleg said:

I personally think Oniks is kinda broken right now.

It reaches 200 m/s right after launch and further accelerates to 1000m/s in no time - that's not how real Oniks performs, its max speed is only around 750 m/s. Also booster stage is way too powerful unlikrethe real one.

I played with its cfg to make it behave more like real missile. If you're interested, I can send it to you.

Hi the Oniks has given us trouble from the start, and I thought we'd addressed the problem  a while back, in fact the changes are logged just weren't applied very odd, so yeah I'd be happy to take a look at your suggested settings, just testing my own aiming for 680 700ms max

Here it is. Builds up to ~710 m/s at a distance of 60 km, cruise altitude can be safely set to 250-300 m. Can hit CVN-size target at 700 m/s from 300 m altitude. Since it starts to turn from cruise altitude to aim a target only at dist of 2.5 km, torque and steering were amped up significantly to make the hit possible, and also to compensate the absence of proper PID-controlling - without it low cruise altitudes are impossible because missile's autopilot would bury it.

Drag was increased, and thrust of both cruise and boost stages was decreased to match launch and speed profiles.

Spoiler

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 3
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.016
minimum_drag = 0.016
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher
  shortName = Oniks

thrust = 150 //KN thrust during boost phase
  cruiseThrust = 70 //thrust during cruise phase
  dropTime = 0 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites
  boostTime = 1.8 //seconds of boost phase
  cruiseTime = 120 //seconds of cruise phase
  guidanceActive = true //missile has guidanceActive
  blastRadius = 85 //meters
  blastPower = 50
  maxTurnRateDPS = 75 //degrees per second

decoupleSpeed = 8

audioClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/jet
  boostClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/rocketLoop
  boostExhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/largeExhaust
  boostTransformName = boostTransform
  boostExhaustTransformName = boostParticles
  optimumAirspeed = 600

homingType = Cruise
  targetingType = gps

maxAoA = 20

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.0193
  steerMult = 100
  maxTorque = 260
  terminalManeuvering = false
  boosterMass = 0.4
  boosterDecoupleSpeed = .4

minStaticLaunchRange = 700
  maxStaticLaunchRange = 40000
}

Also I will be very happy if you tell me how to give the booster stage that big flashy exhaust like Scud's.

Edited by Wyleg

1 minute ago, Wyleg said:

Here it is. Builds up to ~710 m/s at a distance of 60 km, cruise altitude can be safely set to 250-300 m. Can hit CVN-size target at 700 m/s from 300 m altitude. Since it starts to turn from cruise altitude to aim a target only at dist of 2.5 km, torque and steering were amped up significantly to make the hit possible, and also to compensate the absence of proper PID-controlling - without it low cruise altitudes are impossible because missile would bury it.

Drag was increased, and thrust of both cruise and boost stages was decreased to match launch and speed profiles.

Hide contents

name = MissileLauncher
  shortName = Oniks

thrust = 150 //KN thrust during boost phase
  cruiseThrust = 70 //thrust during cruise phase
  dropTime = 0 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites
  boostTime = 1.8 //seconds of boost phase
  cruiseTime = 120 //seconds of cruise phase
  guidanceActive = true //missile has guidanceActive
  blastRadius = 85 //meters
  blastPower = 50
  maxTurnRateDPS = 75 //degrees per second

decoupleSpeed = 8

audioClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/jet
  boostClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/rocketLoop
  boostExhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/largeExhaust
  boostTransformName = boostTransform
  boostExhaustTransformName = boostParticles
  optimumAirspeed = 600

homingType = Cruise
  targetingType = gps

maxAoA = 20

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.0193
  steerMult = 100
  maxTorque = 260
  terminalManeuvering = false
  boosterMass = 0.4
  boosterDecoupleSpeed = .4

minStaticLaunchRange = 700
  maxStaticLaunchRange = 40000

Also I will be very happy if you tell me how to give the booster stage that big flashy exhaust like Scud's.

Thanks I'll give them a try  they're very similar numbers to what i ended with , I hadn't appreciated how horribly inaccurate it was, mind you BDA has changed quite a bit since these were last tuned and quite a few missiles have needed tweaks to the aero settings. 

There's something special coming for missiles shortly that will likely revolutionise that side of KerbalKombat so I'm not to concerned with the control issues over much . Missile control is generally considered to be less than brilliant by the BDAc team and a lot of related work has been done for the next release of BDA

Sadly the only way to give a big exhaust is to set it up in unity, I'm planning on redoing most of the exhaust FX as they lack some oomph all around .Admittedly some of the missiles are still using the older method of setting transforms for FX and for obvious reasons or maybe not so obvious, I've not changed it  . As it stands  every time i need to change or update a missile I need to export it via blender, import to 3ds, export to unity and import to KSP as I never received any of the raw files. and every time that happens the missile changes a bit and requires more work to get it back to where it was previously .   Now I've cleared the backlog I can spend  some time getting a complete set of exports together which will make life much easier in the future

cheers

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mechanicH said:

Has anyone run into the issue where the parts are not showing up. I see them loaded in the debug menu but nothing in game. It's only this mod and NKD. 

Hi, I'd like to see your log,  as I've only ever had reports of non appearing parts when the mods not been correctly installed .  You would have to do something fairly major to stop ALL parts being loaded as PEW does not use a lot or any texture sharing or dispersed files.  pretty much everything would work OK standalone even if you put each one in  an individual folder in gamedata .

So check that you do have it installed correctly and that you don't have multiple nested GameData folders.

If all that checks out and still no parts are showing up in the BD tab please make available a zipped copy of your KSP.log,  no other log will be required or useful

Ohh ok so it's in the BDtab. I did not know that. I thought it had its own tab much like blue hawk industry and blue vs red kerbin dynamics.  I guess I was just looking in the wrong place.   Thanks for the help 

Edited by mechanicH

9 minutes ago, mechanicH said:

Ohh ok so it's in the BDtab. I did not know that. I thought it had its own tab much like blue hawk industry and blue vs red kerbin dynamics.  I guess I was just looking in the wrong place.   Thanks for the help 

It is searchable by manufacturer the logo looks like a small one of  these

QVDMjgZ.png

And just checked in game and as you see it is there,

kL7awp4.png

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Hey brother..i still dont have the tabs for the mod itself but i did find all the parts in the BD tab ...i find it in when i hit F(x) and scroll downto BD and all parts that are weapons are there. Now like i said the Kerbin Dynamics, Blue Hawk Ind BD have its own tab...even SM Armory in manufactures but for some reason PEW and NKD dont show up...i installed them manually and put the folders in gamedata...there are no duplicates nested.  So i dont know whats going on...maybe something is conflicting. Maybe the filter extensions might be the problem  

Find some minor bugs here :

1. AGM - 84 SLAM Harpoon Missile's smoke trail is emitting at the wrong direction, It's looks a little bit weird...
kMD9nF9.png

2. AIM - 26 Falcon Missile does not have the original nuclear explosion, They're dumb missiles now...
Y57gJ10.png
KW0nCVw.png

3. Kh-35 Harpoonski and Kh-31p Anti-Radiation missile, Theirs rocket boosters does not decouple at the cruise phase like the original RBS-15 cruise missile ...

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

• 3 weeks later...

One thing on The R-27 because omg my OCD:

There are two basic variants of this missile: R-27ER, which is semi-active radar homing (equivalent to BDA stock AIM-7 sparrow but with a longer range and higher airspeed) and R-27ET which is essentially the same missile but with a heat seeker - it is one of the longest range heat seeking missiles (if not THE longest range heat seeking missile) in use today.

On 3/13/2017 at 6:38 AM, Violet_Wyvern said:

Find some minor bugs here :

1. AGM - 84 SLAM Harpoon Missile's smoke trail is emitting at the wrong direction, It's looks a little bit wield...

2. AIM - 26 Falcon Missile does not have the original nuclear explosion, They're dumb missiles now...

3. Kh-35 Harpoonski and Kh-31p Anti-Radiation missile, Theirs rocket boosters does not decouple at the cruise phase like the original RBS-15 cruise missile ...

The release was basically @SpannerMonkey(smce) getting everything back up and working with the new BDAc as well as with 1.2.2. With the backlog of mods he's working on, fixes to things will come in time. I CAN tell you that the nuclear explosion with the Falcon is an issue between PEW and North Kerbin Dynamics so you should make sure you have the most current NKD.

56 minutes ago, m4ti140 said:

There are two basic variants of this missile: R-27ER, which is semi-active radar homing (equivalent to BDA stock AIM-7 sparrow but with a longer range and higher airspeed) and R-27ET which is essentially the same missile but with a heat seeker - it is one of the longest range heat seeking missiles (if not THE longest range heat seeking missile) in use today.

Is this a.. suggestion or just because the names are incorrect? Spanner was working with what he had, plus a new texture for an alternate version. (Range can be fixed if you're using a newer BDAc that has the Physics range extender included.)

Edited by XOC2008

26 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

And it will not have until I fix the NKD plugin to work with the latest BDA. every BDA update breaks NKD and harpwner is busy with real life, so it'll be when I get a chance

Re the boosted missiles , can you check both launch methods, there is a known bug with BDA that sometimes missiles launched using the WM will not detach boosters or play correct deploy animation, while missiles fired using right click, fire missile,  work as intended

1 hour ago, m4ti140 said:

One thing many fail to appreciate is that I'm not  whatever the military equivalent of a train spotter is, Unlike a lot of weapon mod makers I don't read Jane's guides over breakfast, I don't have massive data stores on every possible part variant . My only reason for making and maintaining weapons mods is that  they do something, and are fun. AS XOC mentioned the ERT texture was donated by a fan of the mod, the actual factual values weren't and besides which, everything has to work within the framework of BDA, and despite it's many awesome recent advances there are still limitations to what it can do, Of all the weapon mods available you'll find that mine are doing things that are right on the edge of whats possible  a lot of the time.

Re the smoke trail issues, all the PEW missiles without exception are needing a new FX set , in order to deal with the changes in emission etc, they're all exported, but there's still many hours of work to reprocess every missiles and run it back through unity and into KSP,  Sadly although I have LP blessing to continue the mod, I never received any of the raw assets, which makes updating tedious and time consuming , and one of the knock on effects is that every missile currently in the pack will be unavoidably changed by the process

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I had speaks with @LORDPrometheus and support for this version will continue until; LP is back up to speed but no further development will be done.  Thank you for using the mod . Please direct thoughts for further development to the thread linked above

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I've fixed NKD to work with the latest BDA for KSP 122  unofficial DLL available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8edg84wyshpcz2b/NorthKerbinMod.zip?dl=0

JSTf43P.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

And it will not have until I fix the NKD plugin to work with the latest BDA. every BDA update breaks NKD and harpwner is busy with real life, so it'll be when I get a chance

Re the boosted missiles , can you check both launch methods, there is a known bug with BDA that sometimes missiles launched using the WM will not detach boosters or play correct deploy animation, while missiles fired using right click, fire missile,  work as intended

One thing many fail to appreciate is that I'm not  whatever the military equivalent of a train spotter is, Unlike a lot of weapon mod makers I don't read Jane's guides over breakfast, I don't have massive data stores on every possible part variant . My only reason for making and maintaining weapons mods is that  they do something, and are fun. AS XOC mentioned the ERT texture was donated by a fan of the mod, the actual factual values weren't and besides which, everything has to work within the framework of BDA, and despite it's many awesome recent advances there are still limitations to what it can do, Of all the weapon mods available you'll find that mine are doing things that are right on the edge of whats possible  a lot of the time.

Re the smoke trail issues, all the PEW missiles without exception are needing a new FX set , in order to deal with the changes in emission etc, they're all exported, but there's still many hours of work to reprocess every missiles and run it back through unity and into KSP,  Sadly although I have LP blessing to continue the mod, I never received any of the raw assets, which makes updating tedious and time consuming , and one of the knock on effects is that every missile currently in the pack will be unavoidably changed by the process

I made those early effects long ago in KSP 1.3 and with a very basic knowledge of unity. My skills have improved since and when I release P.E.W's successor expect more eye candy

3 minutes ago, LORDPrometheus said:

I made those early effects long ago in KSP 1.3 and with a very basic knowledge of unity. My skills have improved since and when I release P.E.W's successor expect more eye candy

Hi, it's nothing to be ashamed of pretty much everything has needed tweaking since U5 and 122,  anything still lagging and there are many , suffer the same thing, after all BDA itself has only just caught up with the U5 changes which meant anything tweaked before still had kooky displays as the core code was broken.

On 30/03/2017 at 6:55 PM, XOC2008 said:

Also there's no stock BDA AIM-7. There's an AIM-9.

On 30/03/2017 at 6:53 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Wow... this is why I shouldn't post after 2 days without sleep...

Sorry, disregard that post... yeah, of course there is no AIM-7, there never was. Now that I look at the config files though, it seems that the SARH missiles are actually modeled in BDA, it's just that Paolo never added any missile that used this - there is a separate setting for active guidance range, so you could set that to something like 1 et voila, you have a SARH missile. In the source code on Paolo's git I also found a proper switch for Active/Semi-Active, I'm gonna test that one and see if it works.

Anyway, now that I had a close look on the R-27 models in PEW, those are both R-27R with different skins, although the red nose on the ERT is reminiscent of the seeker cover on the R-27T missile, so I suppose that's what the skin author had in mind... anyway, if we look the AIM-120 we have in game now (7500m range, goes pitbull at 6000) we can assume it is a kerbalized (i.e. 1/10 scale) version of AIM-120A/B. So with that in mind an R-27T would have a range of 7000m in game (and IR guidance) and R-27R a range of 8000m (and semi active radar guidance).

Anyway, I'm gonna make a MM patch and send it to you to show what I mean. I'm also gonna add the Saphir radar to the Stryker A&A Fishbed intakes now that I'm at it.

Edited by m4ti140