[1.2.2] PEW continued R14 122 Beta

SpannerMonkey(smce)

12 minutes ago, m4ti140 said:

Wow... this is why I shouldn't post after 2 days without sleep...

Sorry, disregard that post... yeah, of course there is no AIM-7, there never was. Now that I look at the config files though, it seems that the SARH missiles are actually modeled in BDA, it's just that Paolo never added any missile that used this - there is a separate setting for active guidance range, so you could set that to something like 1 et voila, you have a SARH missile. In the source code on Paolo's git I also found a proper switch for Active/Semi-Active, I'm gonna test that one and see if it works.

Anyway, now that I had a close look on the R-27 models in PEW, those are both R-27R with different skins, although the red nose on the ERT is reminiscent of the seeker cover on the R-27T missile, so I suppose that's what the skin author had in mind... anyway, if we look the AIM-120 we have in game now (7500m range, goes pitbull at 6000) we can assume it is a kerbalized (i.e. 1/10 scale) version of AIM-120A/B. So with that in mind an R-27T would have a range of 7000m in game (and IR guidance) and R-27R a range of 8000m (and semi active radar guidance).

Anyway, I'm gonna make a MM patch and send it to you to show what I mean. I'm also gonna add the Saphir radar to the Stryker A&A Fishbed intakes now that I'm at it.

I do not think that Paolo's github is going to have the same coding that BDAc has now. IIRC, the team did some extensive changes in order to get it ready for 1.2.1/1.2.2, so what you're attempting may not even work within the current version of BDA. (Not saying don't try, but it seems highly unlikely that that would match up considering the changes made.)

1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

I do not think that Paolo's github is going to have the same coding that BDAc has now. IIRC, the team did some extensive changes in order to get it ready for 1.2.1/1.2.2, so what you're attempting may not even work within the current version of BDA. (Not saying don't try, but it seems highly unlikely that that would match up considering the changes made.)

Parameter tweaking WILL work, what might not work is the magic Active/SA switch, but it's not really needed (same effect can be achieved by setting the Active range to potato), anyway, gonna write back when I do some testing

OK, I played around with the config files of Alamos and came up with this. The "magic switch" did not work but setting the active range to a low value (I set it to 10 for now, could be set to 1 or even 0 but I didn't want to provoke The Kraken, as I don't know what BDA does with this value further on). worked well enough. Ideally, the TWS functionality should be disabled as well when using R-27R and the R-27T should be able to LOAL (which is only available for radar guided missiles in BDA now) but that would require some changes to the BDA code I presume.

I also made a makeshift R-3R Atoll missile (cloned from AIM-9 with no changes save for changing the guidance to radar). I compiled those into MM patches after I was done, so there might be some bugs (most notably with the active range, I had an R-3R hit after unlocking on one occasion when I tested after making the patch, if someone could test if the R-3R/R-27R drop their targets properly after unlocking I would be grateful).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMDWm49dN3Cga98BV3otIBo9yYR_A

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMDWm49dN3Cga99eg9XdOh-V31tBw

Edited by m4ti140

• 4 weeks later...

looking around all the available weapon packs, there seems to be a shortage of Russian/Soviet anti-ship and anti-tank missiles, despite there being quite a lot IRL (types and variants)

also looking for non-US western missiles, MILAN, Swingfire, HOT, StarStreak, Skyflash, Matra Magic 500, Sea Eagle, Komorant, ALARM and the like

16 hours ago, Cdodders said:

MILAN, Swingfire, HOT, StarStreak, Skyflash, Matra Magic 500, Sea Eagle, Komorant, ALARM and the like

I'm having much fun with missiles right now so will definitely add those to the research list , currently in testing Aster,  Meteor and an old tech Bloodhound( cos it looks awesome)

3 hours ago, RedCow said:

Why not split R27 into radar and heat? Now both are heat

Hi as mentioned a few posts back @LORDPrometheus has decided to resume maintenance and ownership of the mod. This current release is (sadly)  the final one I'll likely be involved with,  and as such while I will attend to any issues that arise. As he intends to completely redo any existing parts I've pretty much stopped work on this project completely

Please refer to the last few posts of the linked thread for further and ongoing info

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Could you think of adding Vietnam Era Weapons

1.AGM-12 Bullpup

2.AGM-62 Walleye

3.AGM-45 Shrike

4.AGM-78 Standard ARM

5.AIM-4 Falcon

6.K-13 (NATO reporting name AA-2 Atoll)

7.Kaliningrad K-5 (NATO reporting name AA-1 Alkali) Yes it's actually a missile

8.RIM-2 Terrier  

Edited by Waristheonlyway

• 2 weeks later...