The times the Kraken says NEIN.

Kombat engineer

One rather cute Kraken that happened to me in VAB:

2015-06-21_00008.jpg

The craft would move just fine, but the nodes refused to budge.

Kraken incoming: The decoupler separated from both sides, and didn't disconnect the struts, which keep streeeetching...
As I don't need that part (decoupled launch stage), I just go about my business happily, assembling the orbital tug without any care in the world.

O9amBk3.jpg

Until my tug is no more. Suddenly every single joint failed.

OJHZuli.jpg

And here, from the times Klaw was a big kraken bait, there were at least 7 klaws attached to this asteroid...

screenshot175.jpg

Want a small creepypasta?

Attaching launch clamps to a keosynchronous satellite - ground speed zero, so the game doesn't protest...

7bERfDF.png\

...but it summons the Kraken, which is very hard to avoid, and you really shouldn't do some things before reloading the game. Like boarding a craft.

Why you shouldn't board the craft... The engineer's soul gets in and takes over the ship, while the dead husk of his body floats away.

Specifically: Bill grabs the hatch, I press 'B'. Bill seems to be still on the ladder, but the focus goes to the craft. The game says 'Controlling: Bill Kerman'. There's no IVA picure in the corner, but I'm clearly in control of the ship. I can click 'transfer crew' and I see Bill Kerman and 'Transfer', but no 'EVA'. Pressing 'c' doesn't show the inside; I can fire the engines, turn the craft etc. But on the map, the craft is shown as a Kerbal icon.

Meanwhile, the kerbal on the hatch lets go and floats away. I try to switch, focus, can't. See on map - nope. That's a dead husk of Bill Kerman, while Bill currently is the ship.

And what about the Shadow Kerbin? Pic just for a teaser, read the linked post.

A8RCmNj.png

Side effects included all celestial bodies except of Kerbin vanishing. No Sun, ever again.

I don't have pics, but i was recently attacked by not one, but two krakens: First the hell kraken and then the warp kraken (see it on wiki). When i launched a massive cluster of boosters for no apparent reason, and as soon as i launched, it exploded. I quickloaded, but then my xbox screen went white, the navball went black, and i shot through kerbin at roughly 2.789 times the speed of light. I have no idea why, but it never repeated for me.

lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 10:49 AM, Lemurs of Kerbin said:

I don't have pics, but i was recently attacked by not one, but two krakens: First the hell kraken and then the warp kraken (see it on wiki). When i launched a massive cluster of boosters for no apparent reason, and as soon as i launched, it exploded. I quickloaded, but then my xbox screen went white, the navball went black, and i shot through kerbin at roughly 2.789 times the speed of light. I have no idea why, but it never repeated for me.

lol

Roughly 2.789x the speed of light. Roughly

14 hours ago, Cadet_BNSF said:

So 863,102,487 m/s, roughly:wink:

Not quite, you forgot the 4 significant digits.  2.789 * 299792458m/s should be rounded to 863100000m/s.  Roughly.

*suffers flashback to highschool chem class* :D

Edited by Archgeek

This kept happening on every quick load... restarting KSP fixed it

QwW8oqh.png

hP0sqEu.png

^ The explosions began with the wing hitting the launchpad...

lMN4sNV.png

right... it was a collision with the launchpad...

and the start of another set of explosions:

R3SK9rl.png

and another:

y8Fm3I7.png

thankfully, I haven't had this happen in the updated versions (you can see that was before the whiplash got its new model)

• 4 weeks later...

Back in 2014 I dropped a rover to explore the runway island and everything was going fine until I entered one of the hangers, at which point the screen suddenly changed...

GFqXyUy.jpg

... to this (well this before I EVA'd anyway).

hdaI3fi.jpg

Something didn't want me poking m nose where it didn't belong on that island and decided to rip the vehicle apart and teleport the brave explorer (Roley Kerman) and the lander can he was in to high above Kerbin, heading away from it at several km/s

A year or so later I sent another vehicle to the island as part of a challenge and after EVAing from it to have a look around, I noticed that his vehicle was slowly (about 1m/s) floating up into the air, which was probably the creepiest thing that I've seen in the game. After a couple of minutes of it slowly floating away I reloaded the game and all was fine.

It wasn't a small vehicle either, but the vehicle below. I'd missed the landing on the tower (requirement of the challenge) on my first attempt instead landing at the side of the runway, so when this thing started floating up in the air it look seriously weird.

2DoJSXb.jpg

Edited by purpleivan

• 3 weeks later...

*Le context*

I just hauled big sciency stuff to orbit, and now I'm deorbiting the probe with all the precious science. The parachute unfolds, no problem, and I decided to ditch the rather large heat shield. And suddenly...

After some zoom, I found out I had been relocated on the orbit of Dres...

I should probably visit it, the sooner the better. I think Dres got mad at me and decided to send the kraken on me...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.