no contol cockpit avaible aircraft will be uncontrolable

hi i just got ksp as a gift and its works fine its just sometime it says something about how i dont have any control and wont be able to control the craft but i have everything on there but then other times it works fine i paid a good price for this game and i cant play 60 percent of the time because every single aircraft including the ready made ones says this massage i going to get annoyed if i dont get an answer or a solution. thanks.

2 hours ago, Sharpy said:

...also, did you put a pilot in that cockpit?

The game normally puts a Kerbal automatically in the cockpit when you click the "fly" button from the SPH,   but it won't if

a) there are no Kerbals available

b) the root part is not the cockpit?

Most of the time the first part I place is the cockpit, but when adding one late on, I've often found the game won't assign any crew unless I do it myself.    Cured by using the re-root tool and selecting the cockpit

44 minutes ago, AeroGav said:

The game normally puts a Kerbal automatically in the cockpit when you click the "fly" button from the SPH,   but it won't if

The part normally puts the pilot in the cockpit if you click on the part list to spawn a cockpit and attach it. Then, if you detach the cockpit, to, say, put a heatshield under it, it removes the pilot and doesn't bring him back once you re-attach the cockpit again.

Also, the game only auto-fills the first crewed part. So if you attach a cockpit on top of an mk1 crew cabin, you'll have two kerbals in the cabin and none in the cockpit.

Edited by Sharpy

Also, if you take the pilot out of the cockpit manually, it seems to remember that.

But to the OP -- that is what that message means: you need to click on the "crew" tab and put a pilot into the cockpit, because there isn't one there when you clicked the "launch" button.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.