Weird diagonal line graphics issue

Hello! So day one of playing this on an Alienware 17R3 I have this weird diagonal line issue where it is almost like the fullscreen mode is split into two equal parts but one lags behind the other just a bit. I looked around online for a solution but the only one i found said "No other users have this issue". So I took a video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00XWiyMPLVRMmFJS0dCQ2Y3MTg

Specs:

Windows 10, Intel 530 integrated gpu 1GB, Nvidia GTX 970M 1gb, 16GB RAM, Intel i7 2.60 GHz. That should be all the pertinent data.

Any help would be great!

That issue totally depends on the speed video RAM is updated and the video mode used. Normally, video RAM holds at least two buffers of memory for the screen, while one is being read to display the image, the other is being written with new values; then the two are switched. That way, each frame is a "whole" image. Each memory buffer has to be as large as screen height x screen width x color depth (e.g.,  at a 16million colors depth (RGBA) it takes 32 bits/pixel=4bytes/pixel; a 1024x768 RGBA image takes 1024x768x4 = 3MBytes). When RAM isn't enough, or not enabled to hold at least two buffers, read and write operations have to go on the same space at the same time.

Now, please note how the the two halves (top-right against bottom-left) of the screen appear to be mismatched in the vid: when you scroll down, top-right shows lower; when you scroll up, top-right shows higher than bottom-left. That shows, for each line of pixels, the left part of the line being drawn before values are updated, the right part of the line being drawn after the value was updated, therefore showing a different scene belonging to a different frame.

As you have a integrated GPU, bets are it is also using system RAM instead of dedicated VRAM. RAM is slower, and that also contributes to how the effect shows. Believe you have settings allowing to dedicate more memory to the exclusive use of the GPU, that would allow to use the two buffers. If possible, install some dedicated VRAM; better yet, don't use integrated GPU for applications (as KSP) so intensive in use of graphics but install a proper graphics card.

40 minutes ago, diomedea said:

better yet, don't use integrated GPU for applications (as KSP) so intensive in use of graphics but install a proper graphics card.

Thanks for the detailed info. I don't think the integrated GPU is an issue, as the dedicated one is actually running the game. In my specs I listed both the integrated AND the dedicated GPUs (Intel HD 530 and GTX 970M) simply to give as much info as I could.
Turning off V-sync fixed this line issue. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.