Trees/rocks not showing (terrain scatter issue?)

I am having issues with the terrain scatter issue. Only small rectangular sections of terrain will show trees/rocks. Like this: 

738f5a35be961c69b20a32eb7b7d6602.jpg

This is a newish problem that I have had since I updated (complete clean reinstall) to 1622.

Same issue is happening on all the planets/moons, and no matter the settings I change, its always the same places that have the scatters. (except when disabled obviously)

Any ideas how I can get them to be more uniform?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, TheKorbinger said:

Perhaps it's a quality thing. Certain games won't allow you to have things turned on unless something else is along with it. 

Which settings might you think are interfering? I have basically everything on max, and nothing that I can think of has changed from when they were working?

And why would it be that they are only showing up on small, concentrated sections? would they not just be completely disabled?

Most of the terrain near the KSC has had scatters deliberately disabled or reduced, to prevent trees causing a performance issue, but the further you go and especially on other planets you'll find a lot more scatters.

It does depend on your scatter density setting, and scatters are loaded in square sections, that does make it look a bit bad when one PQS quad has finished generating while its neighbors haven't.

Sometimes reloading a save will help, but scatters really could use being revisited in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.