Kerbal Rocket Designer

so I recently wanted to build a rocket in the middle of school, but to do that I would have to download Kerbal, start it up, yadda yadda yadda, by that time I would have been caught, so no, but what if Kerbal had something like kerbalizer, where you could build rockets or planes without having to download Kerbal, you cant fly the craft, you just build it, it isn't a free Kerbal, it is just so you can build and see what the crafts look like without having to launch Kerbal.

I have more to add on this, and I will...

we've been there. This is not a new idea. After some deliberation it was concluded the "kerbal designer" would be about 20-30% smaller than stock KSP.

You still need whole Unity. You still need all parts. While physics is unnecessary, it IS present in VAB, only with parameters set such that it seems like it doesn't (object thrower can be used in VAB against your newly built vehicle) so either it's included in the 'designer' or Squad gets a lot of work to remove it. You save up on planets, orbital mechanics, and KSC, but bulk of the game must remain in place. So no significant savings - no point.

Get SimpleRockets for your phone and forget Kerbal Rocket Designer.

You are in school so I assume you have a pencil and a piece of paper?

Design your rocket with those, refer to the wiki on your smartphone if you need details on a given part.

I keep a notebook in the bathroom for just such a reason...inspiration often strikes at the most..."inopportune" of times. :wink:

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.