S.T.A.R. Korporation- Modding Mondays Missions REVIVED! [Ch.1: Space Station Resupply]

oTqdKnh.png 

A technically sandbox mission report on "Star Mods" showcases!

The ONLY mods on this are mods showcased in "Star Mods". Career-only mods are skipped.

[I'll probably directly copy the description from MMM in here later]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Korp, a subsidiary of Tetragon Projects, is a private space program that attempts to renew the era of discovery that was once driven by the Kerbal Space Program, which is struggling under large funding cuts.

IF YOU QUOTE THIS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO SNIP OUT THE IMAGES. THANKS!

WEEK 1A: KS5 RESUPPLY 1

• B9 Aerospace
  • Cerillion planet pack
  • Decal Stickers
Spoiler

N0d8sQd.jpg

The first STAR Korp flight to KSP's Kerbin Station Five was finally on the runway. It really hadn't taken that long to get ready, since the construction team kinda rushed and the design went through minimal testing. Most of the parts on the spaceplane have already been tested and used individually during the golden age of the KSP, anyway.

VNggTMI.jpg

Although I am a huge fan of stockalike parts, I do like the B9 Aerospace look. It also matches nicely with the space center, since they're both made by the same author.

jNxQmmV.jpg

Val: So that's what Bob was talking about...

The IVA's are simply amazing. You could certainly fly this from IVA, but I can barely fly an SSTO without IVA, so I'm not going to. You probably knew that already, since it's such a legendary mod.

ZBgaPZu.jpg

Thousands of Kerbal Space Fans watched live on TV as the jet engines cut on and the plane started to move.

b5YCtoZ.jpg

Val: Wheee!  Gene, can I test its maneuverability?

Gene: NO.

Within minutes, the plane was just a speck slowly drawing a line of exhaust in the eyes of the spectators.

Fun Fact: I found a problem while designing this spaceplane, so I requested a change on the new B9 thread (increase heat tolerance on this cockpit), and a new update was pushed out addressing my suggestion within a day! You can thank this spaceplane design for that. Also, if I'm not mistaken, this is only my 2nd or 3rd working SSTO.

qelzKYX.jpg

Just getting into an orbit here. The engine effects are nice.

SfdVwJj.jpg

Val: We have an orbit!

Gene: Copy that!

The cheering in mission control was loud enough that Val could hear it through the radio.

Ignore the fact that the target is "Space Station X". I changed the name, okay?

WJwdKBf.png

After 5 days in orbit, Val docked to the space station just in time for a nice sunrise.

OmPWw3K.jpg

Val: I'm here! I brought Snacks!

Bob: Welcome aboard!

jZdtHOg.jpg

Gene: Val! Our engineers have spotted a mistake. There isn't enough fuel left to keep the CoM behind the CoL!

Val: Hmm... got any ideas? I think I have one!

Gene: No... what are you doing?

Val: If I deliberately push the plane into a stall, I can slow down enough to use the emergency parachute!

Gene: No! Don't do that! It's too dange-

Val: *T key*

This should be sufficient proof that I am bad at building spaceplanes. On the bright side, if I fix this problem, this thing should have enough fuel to get to Minmus.

OhV1NKv.gif

Val: This is fun!

hfD1yXA.jpg

Seriously, the IVA's are too awesome. They are just so functional and pretty. Some of this goes to a level of detail that you wouldn't expect on any other RPM mod, except maybe ASET's mods. In my opinion, these look better anyway.

4RZilly.jpg

I told you there was an emergency parachute.

vq7DOiU.jpg

Gene: That doesn't look good. Val, are you okay?

NguopGt.jpg

Val: Yep!

"Any landing you can walk away from..." is a slightly overused quote, at least on this forum, isn't it?

Hope you like it! Please make sure to comment below any suggestions, comments, criticisms or compliments.

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

• 2 months later...

Week 2! Surprise! I'm a bit behind, so pardon the fact that I am desperately trying to cram in mods.  (I'll land the shuttle in week 3)

Spoiler

c4VjVRwh.jpg

S.T.A.R Korporation has been contracted to send this spy- er, survey satellite into a highly inclined 100k orbit!

ZCZSRyYh.jpg

To do so, a new space shuttle was created as a temporary replacement for the SSTO line, while also testing reentry angles. The Kerbin Ministry of Space supplied a few parts, such as the cockpit.

8nOFsWrh.jpg

The shuttle features a new logo for S.T.A.R Korporation!

NMbkMW0h.jpg

Liftoff!

Pcfw6lyh.jpg

This thing cannot be flown very easily, partly because I can't build shuttles. 

U6iuFkTh.jpg

SRB separation confirmed!

KqhUpBqh.jpg

Orbit confirmed! This isn't a very efficient shuttle design...

cKP5qYGh.jpg

More separating!

0bvQsyNh.jpg

Testing Kerbnet while performing inclination change.

MpQBRWmh.jpg

Val: "Did the probe deploy?"

Bill: "I dunno... can't see it."

pjVF2Q9h.jpg

Meanwhile, at the KSC, the R&D department announced that it had discoverd a new planet! Plans for a manned expeditition began immediately.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Is the satellite ready?"

"Yes, it appears to be active."

"Good. Connect it with the other probe, and then it can start its real mission."

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.