What do you think kerbal cities would look like?

6 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I think it is would also be resonable to have a fine in career mode if you damage or destroy one. 

Nice idea! 

If they don't do that, there should at least be some kind of penalty for allowing asteroids to hit Kerbin, to encourage the player to redirect them.

39 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Nice idea! 

If they don't do that, there should at least be some kind of penalty for allowing asteroids to hit Kerbin, to encourage the player to redirect them.

Indeed there should, even though I somewhat feel shameful to let the asteroid strike because I am too lazy to go playing rodeo with it... I mean, a class E wouldn't really hurt, and wouldn't probably do many damage, but it's a Cheylabinsk event per asteroid so...

On 09/02/2017 at 3:30 AM, munlander1 said:

The kerbals live in hills. When you do a crew report you get: "hey, I can see my house from here". The crew would be able to observe their house from that high up. So, to see their houses it must be in the surface of the planet. They must live in hills then because that is the only observable surface feature from those altitudes.

I am pretty sure the homes are the hills. Ever since the Kerbals have known that space travel is possible, they developed a certain fear of aliens. They decided to tear down all the visible structures and remove all signs of habitation. They needed homes, though, and since Kerbin itself was a pretty flat and boring planet, they decided to re-build their homes as artificial mountains. Inside those mountains, they have underground cities.

Some rogues decided to go the other way, they actively search for alien contact.

The undergrounders found one simple way to get rid of them and not endanger the society any more: They founded the KSP in the hope of giving those rogues a way off Kerbin and possibly, at some point, out of the Kerbol system.

That is also the reason for that single actively used space center. They want to build it back when the rogues finally have left.

Think about that. Whenever you scream in over the mountains just before the KSC, millions of Kerbals swear about the noise those damn rogues make.

Edited by dr.phees

5 hours ago, dr.phees said:

I am pretty sure the homes are the hills. Ever since the Kerbals have known that space travel is possible, they developed a certain fear of aliens. They decided to tear down all the visible structures and remove all signs of habitation. They needed homes, though, and since Kerbin itself was a pretty flat and boring planet, they decided to re-build their homes as artificial mountains. Inside those mountains, they have underground cities.

Some rogues decided to go the other way, they actively search for alien contact.

The undergrounders found one simple way to get rid of them and not endanger the society any more: The founded the KSP in the hope of giving those rogues a way off Kerbin and possibly, at some point, out of the Kerbol system.

That is also the reason for that single actively used space center. They want to build it back when the rogues finally have left.

Think about that. Whenever you scream in over the mountains just before the KSC, millions of Kerbals swear about the noise those damn rogues make.

Interesting

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.