"Leadership Initiative" Strategy

One of the more recent strategies available in the Admin building is the "Leadership Initiative".  In a nutshell, it puts a premium on rewards from exploration and milestone gains but reduces the rewards from contracts.  One of the effects it grants you is a "50% Science to field work gains."  So my question is what all qualifies as "field work"?  Obviously, conducting an experiment, taking a surface sample, or making a crew/EVA report is all field work, but what about science points gained from the Mobile Processing Lab?  Does this count as "field work" since science data processed in the lab is derived from those experiments/samples/reports?

I've been eyeing the Leadership Initiative coupled with Patents Licensing as an alternative method to fund my space agency's budget.  This is how it would work, based on a 100% commitment to both strategies:
1) I land a lab in a biome on Duna for example.  I run a full suite of experiments, and then process them in the lab for data to conduct research on for a lengthy period of time.
2) If lab research generated is considered "field work", than generating 500 points of science in the lab would be boosted to 750 points of science (from Leadership Initiative) after transmission back to Mission Control.
3) Patents Licensing strategy would then convert those 750 science points to :funds:77,838.75

This way, Mobile Processing Labs that are placed throughout the Kerbol system would be generating a steady stream of revenue, with a boost given by the Leadership Strategy.  The research revenue would be more reliable than the contract slot machine, if I'm calculating all this correctly.  However, due to the penalties the Leadership Initiative puts on Contract rewards, it takes away the big pay-off contracts that are thrown at the player.

Anyone care to comment?  I've played around with strategies before, but I'd be interested to hear other ways players use them to fund their space programs.  Think this would work, or anyone have better ways to fund their space programs?

Edited by Raptor9

So my question is what all qualifies as "field work"?  Obviously, conducting an experiment, taking a surface sample, or making a crew/EVA report is all field work, but what about science points gained from the Mobile Processing Lab?  Does this count as "field work" since science data processed in the lab is derived from those experiments/samples/reports?

Seems easy to test it. Launch a lab, process some science and save. Transmit the science without Leadership initiative and not e the results. Load, activate Leadership Initiative, transmit the science and compare with the previous result.

You may also compare the amount of data turned in science with and without the strategy in a given time.

Personally I don’t bother to mess with labs and contracts give me enough funds to keep my space program running without problem. So never tested that strategy combo but my reading its that it'll work as you suppose.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:15 PM, Orion Kerman said:

I calculated recently that:

12091 funds is 143.84 rep

91.42 funds is 2.17 sci

I think that 750sci is 31596 funds

You've struck a great deal!

The transfer ratios aren't fixed.  Depending on your commitment levels, you can increase the overall "worth" of the strategy.  In a stock KSP save, 750 science points will give you 77,838.75 funds using a 100% commitment to Patents Licensing.

Anyway, I was just curious as to other people's methods for getting a reliable and consistent revenue to fund their career save, and what their thoughts were on some of the strategies.

11 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

The transfer ratios aren't fixed.  Depending on your commitment levels, you can increase the overall "worth" of the strategy.  In a stock KSP save, 750 science points will give you 77,838.75 funds using a 100% commitment to Patents Licensing.

Anyway, I was just curious as to other people's methods for getting a reliable and consistent revenue to fund their career save, and what their thoughts were on some of the strategies.

I tend to step away from politics. I just use rep to get science or funds of a contract for more science or rep for funds. I don't know what the best mix is .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.