KSP Mod Analyzer 1.1.1

Ake74

On 2017-11-11 at 8:10 PM, HebaruSan said:

They do seem to be planning to fix it, but it sounds difficult for the reasons you described. I suppose the cleanest solution would be to adapt your app to use the widget and then help the widget folks figure out how to fix it (it's in PHP), but that's your call.

Yes, that sounds like the best solution, I will wait for an update on the widget and then adapt my code. It's good that the widget developer is looking into it (see this CKAN issue).

Hi @HebaruSan, I noticed that the widget/API has now been updated to handle Curse after the change. I'm looking into some documentation on how to use the API for my application, specifically if it's possible to make a query to get a list of all mod id's, maybe you can help me with some quick hint...? Would it be possible to make a query to get all data for all mods in one call (or something like data for e.g. 100 mods in one call if there is a cap), to avoid calling the API for each mod? For KSP Mod Analyzer I'm looking for "mod name", "supported KSP version" and "URL to mod page" if possible.

8 hours ago, Ake74 said:

Hi @HebaruSan, I noticed that the widget/API has now been updated to handle Curse after the change. I'm looking into some documentation on how to use the API for my application, specifically if it's possible to make a query to get a list of all mod id's, maybe you can help me with some quick hint...? Would it be possible to make a query to get all data for all mods in one call (or something like data for e.g. 100 mods in one call if there is a cap), to avoid calling the API for each mod? For KSP Mod Analyzer I'm looking for "mod name", "supported KSP version" and "URL to mod page" if possible.

Hmm, I've only looked at the widget for purposes of fixing CKAN's Curse support, which doesn't require that kind of query. Looking at the new web page for the widget, I don't see any list-based options, and my attempts to find undocumented list options by trying various URLs haven't worked either. All of which suggests that the widget API doesn't do what you need, and you'll still need to update your HTML parsing code for the new site. I apologize for leading you astray in that regard!

12 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hmm, I've only looked at the widget for purposes of fixing CKAN's Curse support, which doesn't require that kind of query. Looking at the new web page for the widget, I don't see any list-based options, and my attempts to find undocumented list options by trying various URLs haven't worked either. All of which suggests that the widget API doesn't do what you need, and you'll still need to update your HTML parsing code for the new site. I apologize for leading you astray in that regard!

Hi, thanks for your input, I will look into manual parsing of the Curse page, probably with some threading functionality to speed thing up, will post here when I have an update!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.