Precise fuel transfer

Following up from a thread in gameplay, my suggestion for the next release is a revision of the fuel transfer mechanism.

Instead of the rather rudimentary ALT+click to fill a tank, you should be able to specify how much fuel/ox/monoprop you would like to transfer. This could be acheived (I'm guessing) by making the fuel/ox/monoprop sliders manually adjustable, as they are in the VAB. It would also be helpful to be able to lock liquid fuel and oxidiser together so you could transfer in the right ratio. Another option might be to be able to specify how much fuel you would like to transfer from tank A to tank B (eg manually enter a value  - say 30 monoprop - to be transferred.

There may already be a mod that does this, but as someone who tends to play stock, it would be nice if it was included in the main release.

KSP is a stupendous game, good work devs!

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see the resource dropdown menu open the resource transfer window for tanks containing a specific resource, instead of just displaying the amount of resource in each tank (maybe only when the box next to the resource is checked). This would make fuel transfers on large vessels with many fuel tanks much less tedious than alt-clicking each individual tank.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.