Please, delete it.

Kerbal inquisitor

I don't want to be mean, but I don't see how this tutorial could help anyone. On the contrary, there are quite a few things which you should not do.

Willing to be part of the community and help new players is a very good thing, but you should make sure that you have sufficient knowledge of the game before attempting to write tutorials for others. Learn, learn more, learn even more, then teach.

1 hour ago, Kerbal inquisitor said:

It's my first tutorial, so please, write in replies what i wrote wrong. I want to do it better in next topics.

OK, sounds good...

1. Building a rocket.

a.)

First stage must give a lot of speed to your rocket.

Since your tutorial is about getting to the Mun, we can assume that your target audience is people who don't know how to do that yet. For such a person, the phrase "a lot of speed" most likely does not tell them anything. Is 80 m/s "a lot of speed"? 800 m/s? 8000 m/s? They probably have no idea. Instead of using vague phrases, a tutorial should strive to be specific while still being clear, accurate, and concise.

Very good choice is four Twin Boar liquid fuel boosters on radial decouplers mounted on fuel tank with Mainsail engine. This parts can give about 1450m/s to your rocket. You can use also a few Rockomax X-32 + X-8( or X-16 ) tanks with Mainsail or Skipper  engines. 

None of these engines is unlocked at the start of a career game, and none of them is needed to do a respectable Mun shot. You're assuming the player is in sandbox mode, so it would be good to state that caveat up front so the new career player can move on to another tutorial that might suit them more. Or you could revise this part to use engines that are available earlier on, and specify about how far up the tech tree the reader should be to follow your steps.

Also remember that a picture is worth a thousand words. If you show a screenshot of a rocket that you have confirmed yourself is Mun-capable, then you don't have to wonder whether the reader will understand what you're saying, since they can try to build that exact craft if they need to.

b.)

Second stage is an orbiter. Good chooce for this stage is Poodle or, if you use this to complete the orbit, Skipper engine. If you mount larger engines, you may attach three or four FL(FT?)- 400 or -800 fuel tanks on side decouplers.

An orbiter isn't necessary or advantageous for a Mun shot unless you're doing an Apollo replica; a Mun trip is cheap enough that you waste less fuel landing your whole craft than you save by splitting it.

c.)

Lander is the most important and difficuilt part of the rocket.

Run your tutorial through a spell checker before posting it. It makes it easier on the reader, and it makes you appear more credible as a dispenser of advice.

Mun landers can't be too powerful

I'm not sure what this is intended to mean. Do you mean I shouldn't try to make my lander too powerful? Or do you mean that no matter how much power I add to it, it's never too powerful?

- four Twitch engines can make lander fast going up

The Twitch is not a good choice for a lander. It has a pretty low specific impulse for an engine intended to operate only in space. One Terrier will give you the same thrust with better fuel efficiency, at a cost of just 140 kg increased mass.

- I can't reach less than 236m/s with -teen tons lander!

This again isn't going to mean much to your target audience. They may not know whether 236 m/s is fast or slow, so if this is important enough to mention, you should make a point of explaining its significance.

But if you use this for few seconds (Z - few seconds - X), you may be able to land. I used four Spark engines and pressing Z - 1 to 2 seconds of waiting - X. I landed with this at less than 11 m/s, so i think that's good engines for Mun lander. But if you want to return you must attach more powerful engine and activate it ONLY when you want to go home.

( this may be a Poodle or Terrier with a few  Spider, Twitch or RCS/Puff to help.

You've left out most of the complexity that makes landing difficult. This should be the most detailed, comprehensive part of your guide. Which direction should the craft face during this? When is a good time to start the burn? What do I do if the game glitches out on me (F5/F9)? What if I run out of fuel?

2. Flight

a.)

These headings are a bit off-putting. I don't gain anything as a reader by reading "a.)" on a line by itself. I would recommend using a normal numbered list via the toolbar button.

First you must get to Kerbin's orbit. Press ,,Z'' on your keyboard and activate the lowest stage.

The double comma thing is weird for a document that's otherwise written in English.

If you can't reach orbit: about 3km start turning east (,, D on keyboard). Higher attidute - less angle between the rocket's top and Kerbin's surface. You must control the map when you flying. When you have Periapsis about 73km or higher, stop burning fuel- press X on keyboard.

This part should say how much to turn east. And 3km is way, way too late. Your prograde vector should already be 10-15 degrees down from vertical by that point. And you meant to say apoapsis where you said periapsis.

Remember about SAS and RCS during the flight.

What should they remember about them? Remember, your reader may not even know what SAS or RCS even are. Your tutorial should explain anything that it mentions.

b.) 

This is the easiest and most enjoyable part : RELAX. You should drink sth and put a glass of some drink on your desk.

This step does not advance your goal of teaching the reader something. I would remove it. Plus, you basically make the same "drink" joke twice.

c.)

On Periapsis set SAS at Prograde, enter the map view and press Z. Press X when you have Apoapsis about 11,380-420,000m.

This should say periapsis where it says apoapsis and vice versa. A periapsis of 11380m will not get you to orbit, and an apoapsis of 11380m will not even get you above jet engine altitudes. And what's special about 420000m?

d.) 

Orbit :P. When you rendezvous, warp a few minutes BEFORE Mun Periapsis, turn the rocket' s top to Kerbin and activate engines. Mun's escape speed is about 892m/s.

The Mun's periapsis has no relevance to a Mun shot. Burning towards Kerbin is bad advice. 892 m/s is an interesting tidbit, but the reader needs to know what to do with that information for it to be useful, and you haven't told them. You probably mean it as the delta V needed to get to the Mun, which normally tells you how to build a maneuver node, but your tutorial is premised on not using maneuver nodes. So you should probably be telling them the total velocity needed at periapsis to encounter the Mun rather than the delta V, since that's something you can actually see on the screen without using a maneuver node.

e.)

Landind is VEEEEEEEERY difficuilt. First brake with engines lower than 100m/s.

You should probably mention how to brake. Remember, your audience has never done this before. The fact that they have to point their craft retrograde may not be obvious to them.

If you burned off orbiter's fuel, instantly decouple the second ( or third ) stage and activate lander's engines. About 4000-3500m start burning fuel in few second impulses (Z-X-Z-X). You should fly with average speed about 12m/s. Do this to time, whem your lander stand on Mun's surface. Congratulations! You made it!

REMEMBER: landing site is very important. At example: craters' sides is veeeery bad place to land. I crashed on them more than seven times with really stable lander.

OK, so you gave more details about landing later; that's good. In that case, I would delete the discussion of landing in the section about building the craft.

f.) ( optional)

Returning is easy: activate engines at 2/3 of power

This isn't great advice if my craft currently has a Munar TWR under 1.5. To keep it simple, just have them press Z again as you've been doing up to this point.

and turn rocket about 30 deegres to Mun and fly.

It's not clear to the reader where to look for this 30 degrees. Some of them may interpret it as a heading, when the optimal heading is 90 degrees (east). I assume you mean it as a pitch, but even then, you want to get to a horizontal burn as soon as possible from the Mun.

When you get orbit don't shut down the engines.

This assumes they're in a good position for a Kerbin return burn, which you haven't set up. Instead, they should probably shut down the engines and plan their next move.

When you have Kerbins orbit, wait to Apoapsis, set SAS at Retrograde and activate engines at full power. ( Periapsis is always lower than Apoapsis. You must burn less fuel with lowering Pe.)

This is an inefficient way to get home from the Mun. Instead of burning in a random direction and then coming to a stop, it takes far less fuel to burn at the right point in your Mun orbit to put your Kerbin periapsis at a low altitude. This is done roughly by burning when your ship is between Kerbin and the Mun.

Decouple the lander stage when Pe is lower than 50km. Activate parachutes when it'll be save.

This assumes that the reader already knows when it is safe to open parachutes. The tutorial should explain that instead.

Congratulations! Your first Mun mission is done!

3. Rocket plans:

I orbited mun and returned with this:

Mk.1 lander can with radial parachutes.

TR-18 stack decoupler.

Adv. SAS

FL(FT) - 400 fuel tank.

Four radial mount Twitch engines.

Four radial decouplers.

Four FL - 400 fuel tanks.

Four Terrier engines.

TR-18 stack decoupler.

I landed with about 13t base + 12 oscar- b fuel tanks and 4 Spark engines on radial decouplers.

Rockomax X-32 fuel tank.

Rockomax X-16 fuel tank.

Three/ four radial decouplers.

Three/ Four FL- 800 fuel tanks on radial decouplers.

Skipper engine under X-16.

Rockomax brand decoupler.

X-32.

X-64.

Mainsail.

Four large radial decouplers.

Four Twin boar engines on large radial decouplers. 

This section seems redundant with the first section, as they both discuss craft design. I would consolidate these into one section.

And a lot of struts.PS: if you want more my tutorials, wait a few weeks to give me a time to fly somewhere. And also look for tutorials from my other account, XPrimental_Rabbit_2016.

THANKS FOR READING! Write if this tutorial is helpful!

Sorry to say it, but there's not any part of this tutorial currently that I would consider passing along if I wanted to help someone. It gives a fair amount of bad advice, and most of the rest of it is vague or unclear. But if you're serious about improving it, I'm sure you can make it better!

Edited by HebaruSan

Mun fly-by's/orbits/landings/returns vary by difficulty based on skill level, obviously. I've gone to the Mun god knows how many times and I couldn't really comprehend or visualize this. Best advice I could give for a future tutorial you might make is to:

- Always always always add screenshots

- Always be specific with numerical values i.e delta-v, weight, seconds, minutes, days, etc.

- A tutorial doesn't have to be written like a Buzzfeed article and sound cool, most of the time tutorials that are bland and plain-jane are more informative and easier to comprehend. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.