Best Quotes Ever

KAL 9000

Post a quote that you think is awesome! 

"There is no material safety data sheet for astatine. If there were, it would just be the word 'NO' scrawled over and over in charred blood." 

-Randall Munroe, What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions

Edited by KAL 9000

2 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

"So long as men die, liberty will never perish."

-Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator

I recall there was a previous thread...

Me too, but it seems to have died. So I made a new one.

Edited by KAL 9000

3 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Post a quote that you think is awesome! 

"There is no material safety data sheet for astatine. If there were, it would just be the word 'NO' scrawled over and over in charred blood." 

-Randall Munroe, What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions

I was going to post that one! :( 

"This iz an awsome qutoe and deserves to be on the awsome qutoe list becaus it iz speled very well." 

-totally not me five seconds ago. 

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back those lemons! Demand to talk to life's manager! Get mad! I don't need your damn lemons what am I gonna do with these?!? In gonna hire my engineers to make a combustible lemon and burn life's house down because do you know who I am? I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon."

-Cave Johnson 

Edited by Spacetraindriver

"The most astounding fact is the knowledge that the atoms that comprise life on Earth, the atoms that make up the human body, are traceable to the crucibles that cooked light elements into heavy elements in their core under extreme temperatures and pressures.

These stars, the high mass ones among them, went unstable in their later years. They collapsed and then exploded, scattering their enriched guts across the galaxy. Guts made of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and all the fundamental ingredients of life itself.

These ingredients become part of gas clouds that condense, collapse, form the next generation of solar systems, stars with orbiting planets. And those planets now have the ingredients for life itself.

So that when I look up at the night sky and I know that yes, we are part of this universe, we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us. When I reflect on that fact, I look up—many people feel small because they’re small and the universe is big—but I feel big, because my atoms came from those stars. There’s a level of connectivity.

That’s really what you want in life, you want to feel connected, you want to feel relevant, you want to feel like you’re a participant in the goings-on of activities and events around you. That’s precisely what we are, just by being alive."

-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

5 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't need your damn lemons! What am I gonna do with these?!? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the guy who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

-Cave Johnson 

FTFY :wink:

Mine is probably among the Night Vale one-liners.

"Mostly void; partially stars."

"If you see something, say nothing. And drink to forget."

"Those who fill their Vigilant Citizen cards get a free vacation! To the abandoned mineshaft outside of town, for being too vigilant."

"What even is time, anyway?"

Good quotes.

”It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that’s the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water-with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals-steel, copper, aluminium, etc.-because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminium keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.”

John Drury Clark, author of 'Ignition!', on Chlorine Trifluoride.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here."

-Qui-Jon Jinn, trying to save The Phantom Menace by getting Jar Jar out of the scene and saving millions of fans from eternal suffering. Unfortunately he failed to do so. He was gutted onscreen by a red dude with a spiky head to prove to the citizens of Earth that Jar Jar Binks will live on and never be destroyed. Only those who oppose him will.