"Living" Kerbals

Greetings,

As the title says my suggestion is based on "living" Kerbals, i'll try to explain: I'd like to see maybe a KSC more "alive", not only in the buildings but maybe also Kerbals moving or talking or something like this in the KSC. And connected to this but above all the possibility to create colonies! Yes, colonies! I dream of Kerbals moving and talking autonomously after landing on Duna and creating a little colony maybe controlling or repairing (a sort of scripted thing, or something like this) with a pad or a screwdriver in their hands: obviously if i want to take control of them i will do by clicking an apposite button and maybe doing a mission with a manned rover, then returning to base and re-giving control to IA. I think that the biggest thing that this wonderful game lacks is "life", when i land on a planet if i do not control a Kerbal, he will stay there (forever alone) years and years without moving until i decide to re.take control of them. It's not a critic, i love this game, it's only a little fact and a big suggestion as i can see.

PS Maybe also Kerbals moving and living in a Space Station would be really wonderful, hopping with no gravity in the interior of the SS but without exiting it, they could exit maybe only with direct control of user.

At the very least our "crew" kerbals should have some autonomous capabilities. When a craft is landed, for example, the crew should have a toggle to remain in the craft, or to behave normally. In the latter case, they should autonomously EVA. Scientists would walk around and take samples, engineers would walk around and kick the tires, pilots would walk around. On orbit, they would EVA on a tether, perhaps. They need not"do" anything too important, but it would be so much more alive if you landed at a base, or docked with a station while kerbals were actually doing something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.