I can't delete a quote or get the cursor outside the quote box

zolotiyeruki

I've run into this problem multiple times, and can't seem to find a solution.

Sometimes when I quote a post, my cursor gets stuck inside the quote box, and I can't get it out.  My reply seems to have no content other than the quote, so no blank lines where I can click to get my cursor back, so I can type my reply. 

I've also noticed that if I start a reply, the forum software saves it somewhere, so when I end up caught in this bug, I can't reload the page and try again--the forum simply pre-populates the contents of the reply box.  If I attempt to add a quote, I get javascript errors.  From the research I've done, it sounds like the forum software saves a badly-formatted draft of my response. The only solution I've found so far is to submit the corrupted post, then delete it.  

I'd like to make a request of the admins:  Can you either disable the Save Draft feature, or provide a button to delete the draft, or provide a good old bbcode-style editor that we can use so we don't have to keep dealing with it?

3 hours ago, zolotiyeruki said:

Can you either disable the Save Draft feature,

Not an option, literally.

or provide a button to delete the draft,

That is a coming feature in the next update, as well as automatic removal of stale drafts.

or provide a good old bbcode-style editor that we can use so we don't have to keep dealing with it?

Not an option either, unfortunately.

I sympathize with the quote issues, they can be really frustrating at times. A clumsy workaround that can be used if you're stuck with a bad draft is to submit the post (this clears the draft), then report it for a moderator to remove.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

A clumsy workaround that can be used if you're stuck with a bad draft is to submit the post (this clears the draft), then report it for a moderator to remove.

Thanks, did not think of doing that. What I do though is, like you said submit the quote, then I type my message. After it merges, I edit the quote out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.