Mining Ship Thermals

• Windows 64-bit, Steam
  • I was going about my day, and I had just put a class C asteroid in LKO, and I launched up a mining ship. Capture was successful, but problems started when I started mining. My two Drill-O-Matic Jrs began to mine the asteroid at 100% load, and efficiency skyrocketed as they warmed up... But they didn't stop warming up until 780.4/500K, giving me 5% efficiency. I was confused, as it was being cooled by two large radiator panels AND two medium thermal control systems, but they didn't appear to be cooling anything, saying it was below 15% cooling. I tried troubleshooting and went into the Thermals section of the F12 menu and checked "Display Thermal Data in Action Menus", and I found something worrying. The panels didn't know there was anything to cool (I think)... I saw "AR:CoolingParts:0/0". Help? Also, an unrelated question, why is an asteroid's COM a cube? If you look inside of one...
  • No screenshots at the moment.
  • Related Quicksave & Craft Files
  • System Specs: HP laptop with AMD A10-9600P APU @ 2.4-3.2GHz, AMD R5 Integrated Graphics, 1366x768 Display Resolution, 12GB of DDR4 1866MHz Dual-Channel Memory, Windows 10 x64 OS, Less than a month old.
  • I took a fresh install on 1.2.2 and added saves from 1.0, but the problematic craft is completely new.
Edited by specialopsdave

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.