Making a rocket to beat all other rockets

alpha tech

that is only the first stage so it will be used pretty fast. and the rest will be done by solid rockets.

the first stage engine will be controlled by flaps and thrust vectoring and/or gimbal

1 minute ago, munlander1 said:

That attitude will get you or someone else killed. You need to take your time in planing and safety.

I haven't even began to engineer this thing so to make it clear to everyone I aint even close to making a rocket yet I have a lot of testing to do and until I am satisfied with the rocket there will be no launch

1 minute ago, alpha tech said:

that is only the first stage so it will be used pretty fast. and the rest will be done by solid rockets.

the first stage engine will be controlled by flaps and thrust vectoring and/or gimbal

How much does your rocket weigh? How fast do you plan to go? 

Aiming for orbit is pitching very high. The combined efforts of NASA, spending billions of dollars, didn't get it right at the first try.

I'd recommend finding a local amateur rocketry club. Get their advice, launch a few sounding rockets to a couple of thousand metres. If that works out well, then you'll be in a better position to start thinking about space and orbit.

How much does your rocket weigh? How fast do you plan to go? 

5 miles a second.

Just now, alpha tech said:

5 miles a second.

haven't engineered it yet

1 minute ago, peadar1987 said:

Aiming for orbit is pitching very high. The combined efforts of NASA, spending billions of dollars, didn't get it right at the first try.

I'd recommend finding a local amateur rocketry club. Get their advice, launch a few sounding rockets to a couple of thousand metres. If that works out well, then you'll be in a better position to start thinking about space and orbit.

already done that when I was 5

this is a redenck low cost project and did you see how big explorer 1 was.

2 minutes ago, peadar1987 said:

You designed, built, and launched a sounding rocket to several thousand metres when you were five years old?

I put it together and launched it 500ft

and how many times do I have to say I am currently engineering it. no work has been done on it, very little research yet.

Edited by alpha tech

3 minutes ago, alpha tech said:

this is a redenck low cost project and did you see how big explorer 1 was.

Explorer 1 was launched by a 30t rocket.

I put it together

No you didn't. Or else the guys in charge of the rocket club would be in jail for allowing a 5 year old to manipulate high explosives. I'm not sure I'd trust a 5 year old with a water rocket, much less anything involving combustion.

Edited by Gaarst

2 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Explorer 1 was launched by a 30t rocket.

No you didn't. Or else the guys in charge of the rocket club would be in jail for allowing a 5 year old to manipulate high explosives. I'm not sure I'd trust a 5 year old with a water rocket, much less anything involving combustion.

with my dad and that's how things in the south work cause I was given a shotgun at 5 that I went hunting with my dad, hell I was in school at 5

Edited by alpha tech

3 minutes ago, alpha tech said:

I put it together and launched it 500ft

500ft is less than 200m, not several thousands. It's nothing like several thousands actually: several thousands require you to achieve sustained firing and go supersonic which are considerably harder than launching a rocket firing for a couple seconds needed to reach 200m.

Yeah, echoing what others have said above, without wanting to crush ambitions, I think you might want to take some time to think about this.

For a start, only one amateur team has ever reached space (i.e above 100 km), and it took a team of around 30 people (some with a lifetime of experience building amateur rockets) to design and build the rocket. 

The smallest rocket that has ever tried to reach orbit is the one that the Japanese space agency attempted to launch last week. Bearing in mind that that was made by JAXA (a large antional space agency), it had no active guidance and was all solid motors - they didn't even consider liquid propulsion. It also stands almost 10 metres tall and half a metre wide.

In rocketry, safety is everything. I don't care who you are or where you live, if you have lax attitudes towards safety you will put people in danger and you will get shut down.

Edited by Steel

6 minutes ago, alpha tech said:

with my dad and that's how things in the south work cause I was given a shotgun at 5 that I went hunting with my dad

I will not be confident with a 5 year hold holding a gun anywhere within a 2km radius from me. Your dad allowing you to hold a gun to go hunting is irresponsible enough, launching a rocket with the same mentality is pretty much attempted murder.

Edit: you were in school at 5? Great, how does this have anything to do with manipulating explosive without any experience?

Edited by Gaarst

7 minutes ago, Steel said:

This is real hazardous.

no its not cause we actually know what where doing without reading instructions 

Ok so how much does your rocket weigh?

havent built or designed it yet nor tested any componet

The generally accepted budget for developing an orbital rocket is about $20 million(John Carmack said as such, and it's roughly what both Rocketlab and Vector Space plan to put in before first flight). Do you have $20 million?

11 minutes ago, alpha tech said:

no its not cause we actually know what where doing without reading instructions 

Not reading instructions is fine for, say, an Ikea chair, but not a highly explosive rocket.  That's how people lose limbs.

Edited by Slam_Jones
Removed irrelevant comment

Just now, Slam_Jones said:

Not reading instructions is fine for, say, an Ikea chair, but not a highly explosive rocket.  That's how people lose limbs.

didn't read the instructions when i built my rocket also i have to go be back in a few minutes have  to leave school and go get gas for truck and get home

Ok, so let's low ball it and say it ways 10 kg.

And then let's say your rocket is going 130 meters per second.

So 1/2(mass times velocity squared)

That is 670 joules.

400 will kill a person. At that low ball estimate, you have killed someone. You would be tryed with man slaughter.

I forgot to square the velocity. It comes out to

84,500 joules. You have killed a lot people with that.

211 to be exact with one injured.

and do not venture upon insulting one another

Edited by munlander1

Only to say another wrong point

1 hour ago, alpha tech said:

high durable heat resistant material I have Is steel

Steel is not a heat resistant material. It gets very soft with the temp.

And look to a real amateur rocket engine builder that we have in ours forums @ap0r are you able to understand everything in his thread?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.