Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

37 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Easy fix: upgrade the PC.

Hard fix - find money for PC. Also upgrading may not be as simple as you would think.

Just now, Joseph Kerman said:

Hey, I live in a computer service center; who says I don't know a computer's circuitry?

Not for you, for them. Imagine they have a laptop.

Just now, Joseph Kerman said:

They have the internet?

No. Laptops are inherently hard to upgrade, and not all people can afford to go out and buy a new one. Besides, it may not even be a hardware problem.

I just found this post, and it looks interesting, so I've added my name to the end of the waiting list.

Also if Prodobodyne QBE's computer isn't working, should his name be put behind HiThere!2's?

14 hours ago, Probodobodyne QBE said:

My computer has decided to give up on KSP.  The next person can go while I'm figuring the problem out.

I've learned from these forums, you can usually fix things with either, more struts or more boosters.  Give that a try.  Or you can try re-installing.  For this, I just copied my KSP install into another fold and removed all mods (except kOS, as I've become reliant on my launch scripts).

1 hour ago, 53miner53 said:

@Probodobodyne QBE has 2 days left

OK

Also I saw you guys have massive 100 part SSTO's that could bring passengers back to Kerbin - I actually have a ~5 part 16 passenger escape pod that I could bring up. It is basically a MK-3 crew cabin with a parachute, probe core, and a monoprop tank with some rcs thrusters and a monoprop engine

1 hour ago, LazySoUseHyperedit said:

OK

Also I saw you guys have massive 100 part SSTO's that could bring passengers back to Kerbin - I actually have a ~5 part 16 passenger escape pod that I could bring up. It is basically a MK-3 crew cabin with a parachute, probe core, and a monoprop tank with some rcs thrusters and a monoprop engine

Got one of my orbiters attached for that purpose but it's your turn so you do with it what you wish.

OK

Sounds great to me.  You can de-orbit with just the RCS thrusters (it'll take a while), and lose the engine to get the part count to 5 (assuming you have 1 RCS block on the end).  I was going to put up a 5 part escape pod, but it could only hold 3.  Instead, I'll probably add PV and a battery to my Munar Bus, as I realized there's no way to make power when the Twin Boar isn't going.

I'll make some changes to the escape pod and send it up on my turn. It doesn't have power either, but the 1000 EC in the HECS 2 should be enough for a short trip back to Kerbin, and it can take EC from the station while docked.

Also, is there any room for crew left? If not, I could always leave my kerbal in the escape pod, I want to send someone up named "Hyper Kerman", since that seems to be the thing to do.

I'll make some changes to the escape pod and send it up on my turn. It doesn't have power either, but the 1000 EC in the HECS 2 should be enough for a short trip back to Kerbin, and it can take EC from the station while docked.

Also, is there any room for crew left? If not, I could always leave my kerbal in the escape pod, I want to send someone up named "Hyper Kerman", since that seems to be the thing to do.

I may have sent my 4 passengers on the only remaining space (Hitchhiker Storage Container) in the station.

Hi! I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have different users building a space station together, i search a little and found you guys :D
Who grabbed an asteroid and attached it to the station? LOL, That's crazy...
I'm gonna see if i can get KSP running and then i might sign up!

Cheers! Keep up the good work :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.