Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

2 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

I said the wrong person. Sorry! You can go first.

Nah he can go I'm working out the kinks in my shuttle, trying to get it to have enough Delta-V to bring a small 19 ton payload to orbit. So far I can squeeze about 3.8 km/s out of it, which isn't much considering it has 2 tweakscaled kickbacks to 1.75 meters, and a large mk3 ET fueling 3 KS-25's. The OMS has about 700 M/s on it. Also for some reason it is having roll stability problems. It didn't have those when it had a 2.5 meter ET

6 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Nah he can go I'm working out the kinks in my shuttle, trying to get it to have enough Delta-V to bring a small 19 ton payload to orbit. So far I can squeeze about 3.8 km/s out of it, which isn't much considering it has 2 tweakscaled kickbacks to 1.75 meters, and a large mk3 ET fueling 3 KS-25's. The OMS has about 700 M/s on it. Also for some reason it is having roll stability problems. It didn't have those when it had a 2.5 meter ET

You can copy my SP-12 Explorer orbital spaceplane. Or you can go to the most recent save. I have the SP-12 there (I hope).

7 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

You can copy my SP-12 Explorer orbital spaceplane. Or you can go to the most recent save. I have the SP-12 there (I hope).

Cool. I'll use that if I can't get mine to work well. We should try to make the community space station as reusable as possible :D

1 minute ago, Combatsmithen said:

Cool. I'll use that if I can't get mine to work well. We should try to make the community space station as reusable as possible :D

In that case I'll try to work on the reusability of Columbia LR. 

BTW, if anyone has a klaw, the EFT of my latest launch has a lot of fuel left, and should be near the parking station.

5 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

In that case I'll try to work on the reusability of Columbia LR. 

BTW, if anyone has a klaw, the EFT of my latest launch has a lot of fuel left, and should be near the parking station.

I might actually go. And just use someone elses shuttle. Cause mine isn't really working out....

Just now, Combatsmithen said:

Its pretty long, Extending a little bit below the shuttle and alot above, trying 2.5 meter kickbacks right now

GL, and maybe try LFB instead of SRBs if that doesn't work.

4 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

GL, and maybe try LFB instead of SRBs if that doesn't work.

Yeah, thinking about it. Maybe KS-25 LFB. Also for some reason the shuttle is somewhat aerodynamically unstable

EDIT: Also the LFB's will have to be non-reusable sadly

The shuttle wants to yaw one way or the other after taking off too..... No idea why.

Edited by Combatsmithen

8 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Yeah, thinking about it. Maybe KS-25 LFB. Also for some reason the shuttle is somewhat aerodynamically unstable

EDIT: Also the LFB's will have to be non-reusable sadly

The shuttle wants to yaw one way or the other after taking off too..... No idea why.

Just use my SSTO.

14 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

AG1 for nuclear engine, AG2 to activate RAPIERs; never use Stage, AG3 to change RAPIER mode, and AG5 for solar panel

I might use yours but my shuttle is "almost" working. It has the delta V, I just need to sort out some of the engine gimbling vs. center of mass position issues, the problem is when I go to yaw, or pitch, or roll, it goes all wonky because the engines are gimbling out of line with the COM. Should be a simple fix, but I'll have to do that tomorrow. I probably will be done sometime tomorrow if not, saturday

@53miner53 Currently launching, will post when done. Launched a habitation extension module using my shuttle. The best thing about my shuttle is that I can fit a full on lander and stuff inside of the cargo bay, take it to LKO, and have the lander transfer from the shuttle. So I can bring modules to the Mun base without having to build a whole disposable rocket

I'm done! Took a TON of photos, this was a very very fun mission for me! If I keep the ET on and refuel the ET at the station, I could take the thing to the moon with a lander in the cargo bay, land, launch, dock back in the cargo bay and go home :D Excuse the pictures being out of order, I uploaded them all at once and some got done before others

@53miner53

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.