Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

14 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Looks great! How many parts was the module BTW? I could only count 2 and the docking ports.

@Soda Popinski is up!

Yep, only 2 parts. I kept it simple. Wanted to just expand upon the station some more, I think I'm going to send another docking adapter next for SS-2 because we are running out of Clamp-o-tron SR docking ports, we have tons of normal ones but the SR's are running out

Edited by Combatsmithen

EVERYONE WHO HAS PARTICIPATED IN THIS, PLEASE PUT THE MODULES YOU ADDED TO STATIONS AND BASES ON THE LIST OF MODULES IN THE GOOGLE DRIVE. It will help when identifying different parts of the station, because currently I look at the KSS, and I see a roid, some ISRU stuff, and then a bunch of yuge fuel tanks with docking ports on them, and I'm not sure what the purpose of the mainsails that are pointing opposite of each other.

3 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

EVERYONE WHO HAS PARTICIPATED IN THIS, PLEASE PUT THE MODULES YOU ADDED TO STATIONS AND BASES ON THE LIST OF MODULES IN THE GOOGLE DRIVE. It will help when identifying different parts of the station, because currently I look at the KSS, and I see a roid, some ISRU stuff, and then a bunch of yuge fuel tanks with docking ports on them, and I'm not sure what the purpose of the mainsails that are pointing opposite of each other.

I didn't make it, but if I recall, the opposite facing Mainsails are something from Mass Effect.  I already noted the Munar bus I added, and will probably just add a couple of passenger cabins, and solar panels so it can generate power en route to the Mun or Duna.

Edited by Soda Popinski

7 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I didn't make it, but if I recall, the opposite facing Mainsails are something from Mass Effect.  I already noted the Munar bus I added, and will probably just add a couple of passenger cabins, and solar panels so it can generate power en route to the Mun or Duna.

Whats the Munar Bus? Is it that thing with the Twin Boar?

1 hour ago, Combatsmithen said:

Whats the Munar Bus? Is it that thing with the Twin Boar?

Yes.  Only way to keep the part count to 5 that I could think of.  Maybe our descriptions should also include the parts we used.  53miner53, would it be possible to add a link directly to the Parts List on the original post?  Unless I missed it, I need to click on the Save File link to find it.

Edited by Soda Popinski

4 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Yes.  Only way to keep the part count to 5 that I could think of.  Maybe our descriptions should also include the parts we used.  53miner53, would it be possible to add a link directly to the Parts List on the original post?  Unless I missed it, I need to click on the Save File link to find it.

I'll add a link.

edit: done

Edited by 53miner53

Done.  Added some crew cabins and power generation to my Munar Bus.  When fueled up (if we can fix the mining rig), it should still have enough delta-V to get to Duna and back (barely), with 2811 m/s.  Probably a good idea to re-fuel there or burn off some RCS during the prograde burn.  Note: I noticed two decouplers between the ore tanks and drill.  I set cross-feed to Enable on them, but didn't see a difference.  Might have to try putting an ore tank between the drill and the rest of the station.

fnYDYDu.png

Here's the launch, mis-docking, and final docking.

Spoiler

I took myself off the top of the list.  I took the liberty of putting Joseph Kerman on the queue, since he forgot, and put myself on after him.

Edited by Soda Popinski

On 5/15/2017 at 2:09 PM, Combatsmithen said:

Why is the roid on the station not producing any ore?

On 5/15/2017 at 3:24 PM, 53miner53 said:

I have no idea. Probably a glitch.

I think it's because all asteroids have a limited amount of ore to give, and that one is depleted

I dunno, I haven't been to the station yet but if you right click on it it should give some info

5 hours ago, LazySoUseHyperedit said:

I think it's because all asteroids have a limited amount of ore to give, and that one is depleted

I dunno, I haven't been to the station yet but if you right click on it it should give some info

Last time I tried to mine ore from the asteroid it said it had 100% of its ore concentration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.