Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

Welcome to the KOMMUNITY SPACE STATION!!!! 

The save file!

The parts lists!

KSS 2 Planning Document! KSS 2 will be the second-generation KSS, and will have a module plan made before assembly begins. Go ahead and add a module!

The station is in a 250 Km orbit at Kerbin. Your job as a station builder is to launch a module there to add to the station.

There is also a Munar station, a Minmus station, an Eve Station, a Duna Station, a Gilly Station, and a Moho station. There is also a polar orbit station and a Keostationary station, and a munar surface base.

A few rules: 

1. No parts mods or DLC parts on the station. This is to keep the save compatible with stock installs. You can use mods on the LV, however, as long as the LV is not connected to any stations and the mod is not called hyperedit or vessel mover 

2. Fly it like a real mission (no hyperedit or f12 menu shenanigans)

3. Don't move the station

4. Don't break the station. If this happens, reload the save and retry, or just move on. 

5. Station modules should be up to 5 parts and 2 minimum docking ports, preferably Sr ports. The docking ports don't add to the total amount of parts however. Land base modules should be up to 10 parts and an additional 4 landing gear parts or wheels.

6. I reserve the ability to veto modules that abuse the rules, such as hundreds or thousands of docking ports. 

7. Add one module per mission, and let someone else add a module between your missions. 

8. Try to do the mission quickly, then upload the station. The next person is waiting for you to finish your module so they can add their own. You have 3 days to do your mission.

9. Missions should be done in 1.4.1 to avoid save loading comflicts. 

10. Leave a docking port open for other players to add modules. If there is no docking port left for your module, then attach to the station by a klaw.

11. Connect struts FROM the launcher TO the payload if you need to use them, otherwise they will stay on the payload and count against your part limit.

12. Posting pictures of your work is recommended, and save file posting should be able to be done through the folder in my Google Drive that is linked to at the top. (Please notify me if it is not working)

13. Please clean up all debris from your launch. We don't want excessive lag from several crafts being simulated in the background.

How to run a mission:

1. Check that no one else is launching a module in our reservation system. Add your name to the end of the list. You are clear to launch in the save file when your username is at the top of the list

2. Create a module that adheres to rule 5 listed above. This can be done in a seperate save if someone else is adding their own module while you decide you want to add a module. You would then move your .craft to the save file before launching the game.

3.Download the latest savegame, unzip it, and move the resulting folder to your saves folder in KSP. The save file should be up at the top of the page, but check the last few posts before you download from there to make sure that the link upload is working and that people haven't posted it somewhere else instead. 

4. Fly a mission to the station to dock the module, taking screenshots as you go.

5. Deorbit (or terminate from the tracking station) any debris from your launch. 

6. Upload the save file as a .zip folder named as (Turn x), with x replaced with the number of your turn, to the Google Drive folder and post again to say that you are finished with your mission and to post pictures. Also remove your name from the reservation list

Based off this community space station. Thanks @Jetski!

Thanks to @ZooNamedGames we now have a Discord server for general discussions. Join it here: https://discord.gg/PNDScxk 

Edited by 53miner53
Badges failed

Yeah, it's back!

If nobody posts here before I post again, I'd like the save. It will be a few hours before I can start, though, so whoever goes next feel free to take it unless I post again.

EDIT: I have an idea...

EDIT2: Is a core module already up?

EDIT3: I suggest a 250KM orbit to aid in rendezvous and, more importantly, avoid the surface lag that ends about 170 (I think) Kilometers up.

EDIT4: I have the save. Launching now.

EDIT5: Do you mind if I move it to a 250km orbit to avoid lag?

Edited by Ultimate Steve

55 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Yeah, it's back!

If nobody posts here before I post again, I'd like the save. It will be a few hours before I can start, though, so whoever goes next feel free to take it unless I post again.

EDIT: I have an idea...

EDIT2: Is a core module already up?

EDIT3: I suggest a 250KM orbit to aid in rendezvous and, more importantly, avoid the surface lag that ends about 170 (I think) Kilometers up.

EDIT4: I have the save. Launching now.

EDIT5: Do you mind if I move it to a 250km orbit to avoid lag?

If there is surface lag that would be avoided by moving the station, then sure! I'll edit the OP to reflect the change.

Also, yes, I added a core module to the save before posting.

Edited by 53miner53

My turn has been completed, the new save should be in the drive folder. I added a module called "Sharkbait" which is basically crew quarters and docking ports. Docking port-adapter-mk3 passenger module-mk3enginemount-3 more docking ports, for a total of seven parts.

nQSBYM2.png

Here is the beast at liftoff. Why did I need such a huge rocket? Well, you'll see when I make the video!

Docking:

8GeZ22R.png

I moved the station to a 250Km orbit as well.

Oh, yeah, I also created a Kerbal with my name.

EDIT: The service module was deorbited, I don't have any pics of the station without it.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

39 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Looks great! We should get some crew up there if there are empty crew quarters to fill.

Also, I might make a kerbal named after me as well. Seems like a good idea.

The crew module is completely full, so if anyone wants to take up crew, they'll have to make a module for it.

Also, the video is almost done, I'm saving it right now. It should be uploaded by tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, AHeroReborn said:

i would very much like to add a part. How about a science section?

Go ahead, the save is available right now! It should be the most recent one in the drive folder (mine).

@AHeroReborn If you need instructions, download the zip file, open it and copy the save file called "Community Space Station" or something like that. Copy and paste it into your "saves" folder and then launch KSP. The save should be under your "resume saved game" menu. Launch your module. When you're done, make a new zip file and copy-paste the save file into the zip file, then upload the zip file to google drive.

Also, if you want to know why I had to have such a big lifter for my tiny module...

11 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

@AHeroReborn If you need instructions, download the zip file, open it and copy the save file called "Community Space Station" or something like that. Copy and paste it into your "saves" folder and then launch KSP. The save should be under your "resume saved game" menu. Launch your module. When you're done, make a new zip file and copy-paste the save file into the zip file, then upload the zip file to google drive.

Also, if you want to know why I had to have such a big lifter for my tiny module...

mechjeb was too slow for me and i became impatient. (BTW there is no mechjeb mdule on the actual space station part. I just cant dock without it for the life of me.)

Just now, AHeroReborn said:

i have finished. Sorry, i only have 2 pictures and dont know how to post them

Okay.

1) Upload the save to the drive folder. (make a zip file, copy-paste the save into the zip file, right click in the drive folder, hit upload files, select the zip file.)

2) Use Imgur (or your own drive) to upload and host images, copy-paste them here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.