Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

28 minutes ago, AHeroReborn said:

whats a good way to transport something with landing gear to the base?

If the module is a vertical cylinder with legs on the bottom, launch it normally and use a skycrane or retro pack. If it is a horizontal cylinder with legs along the length, you have two options: Launch it straight up and down with a skycrane/retropack like mentioned earlier and then tilt it over so the legs face down a few seconds before touchdown (Or on the surface). The second option is being totally awesome and designing a super cool futuristic dropship with a cargo bay that hovers five meters above the surface, drops the module out of a cargo bay, and flies away.

An off-topic announcement has been removed from this thread. 

The OP sets the rules of a challenge. If you don't like the rules, don't participate. Or, start your own challenge with different rules. But no one has the right to tell the OP how his/her challenge should work. 

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

An off-topic announcement has been removed from this thread. 

The OP sets the rules of a challenge. If you don't like the rules, don't participate. Or, start your own challenge with different rules. But no one has the right to tell the OP how his/her challenge should work. 

Thanks Vanamonde, we all appreciate the support :)

3 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

@53miner53

The community space program seems to have died out :(, so I don't think it matters if there are more bases in this one.

I was thinking of adding bases and stations slowly so we could avoid adding too much at one time. So far we have a LKO station, a Munar station, and a Mun base. I'll add more at least once a month if I can manage it, but I do have modules for the current stations and a rover to deliver when the save file is free. I'm not using the save file yet, though, and I think @Imanukekaboom is using the save file ATM.

Edited by 53miner53

I'd like a turn, but KSP is complaining that the "Ultimage Steve Turn Over" save file is incompatible qith 1.2.2.  Any ideas?

EDIT:  I can load the second file in that folder (quicksave.sfs), but not the first.  Is that the right one?

EDIT2:  Can I apply for a waiver on the 5-part-plus-docking-ports rule?  I'd like to add a tug to the station, and I need 8 parts + 1 Sr. docking port (probe core, monoprop tank, 3x single solar panels, 3x RCS ports). I might be able to do it with 6 parts if I use a crewed pod and only 2 solar panels, but that's over the limit, too.

Edited by zolotiyeruki

33 minutes ago, zolotiyeruki said:

I'd like a turn, but KSP is complaining that the "Ultimage Steve Turn Over" save file is incompatible qith 1.2.2.  Any ideas?

EDIT:  I can load the second file in that folder (quicksave.sfs), but not the first.  Is that the right one?

EDIT2:  Can I apply for a waiver on the 5-part-plus-docking-ports rule?  I'd like to add a tug to the station, and I need 8 parts + 1 Sr. docking port (probe core, monoprop tank, 3x single solar panels, 3x RCS ports). I might be able to do it with 6 parts if I use a crewed pod and only 2 solar panels, but that's over the limit, too.

1. Try the turn 6 file, that's the latest save.

2. Since the station has its own power, try just having it be battery powered. That would limit the usable time, but would allow you to fit in the part limit. You could also add additional EC and solar panels with a second launch in a few turns.

I have added an RCS-powered tug to the station. It will go about 6 minutes off its own internal batteries (doesn't use reaction wheels, just RCS, for movement), so don't waste any time in moving stuff around the station!  The new save file has been uploaded.

Someone could bring over an asteroid? I don't really know, but that would certainly help with it being used as a fuel depot.

also: whoever was having trouble editing the document, I fixed the problem so it can be edited.

Edited by 53miner53

3 minutes ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

didn't I already add like 20,000 fuel to the station?

I haven't looked at the station recently. I was thinking of it being able to refuel itself with mining an asteroid.

4 minutes ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

didn't I already add like 20,000 fuel to the station?

Fuel does run out eventually, and we need somewhere to store it, so don't worry, the fuel, and by extention, fuel storage added is definitely needed, because mining to refuel a vessel takes forever

1 hour ago, 53miner53 said:

Finished! The file should be uploaded in a minute or so. I'll go reload KSP to take some screenshots and add them to the drive folder. 

Edit: the save file has been uploaded, and the screenshots are here:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0eMT8zRijNmUTFBTTd3Z2FkQ2c

what happened to my fuel tanks?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.