Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

Every week day I'll be updating the station from 5-8pm EST. At 8:01pm there will be an updated save. You can use that but the following day at 4pm I'll update it further with development. I'll use whatever updated save files you provide in the meantime.

With the exception of today. I'll be working on it all day today but come Monday- that System will be in place.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Every week day I'll be updating the station from 5-8pm EST. At 8:01pm there will be an updated save. You can use that but the following day at 4pm I'll update it further with development. I'll use whatever updated save files you provide in the meantime.

With the exception of today. I'll be working on it all day today but come Monday- that System will be in place.

That's pretty complicated. I think you should just keep it. Have an extended turn and do it all. Then upload it when u are 100% done

10 minutes ago, HiThere!2 said:

@53miner53However long the time limit is right now is a bit too long I feel, maybe make it 3 days?

Have to agree, maybe when the list gets to around 10 people long (like right now), turns should be shorter

However @ZooNamedGames still gets his special turn or whatever now

@ZooNamedGames I don't mean to bother you, but it's been about a week now. It's a big project, I know, and don't expect you to be finished :/, I just wanted to see how it's going. Maybe you could post a few screenshots if you had them :)

Edit: Is this dead?

Edited by LazySoUseHyperedit

Hi all, just found this thread last night and super-excited to try my hand at adding a module. I'd like to go ahead and add my name to the Google docs list at the end.

A few quick questions:

- Do the modules have to be literally functional, or perhaps more "suggestive" of functionality? For example, making a non-MKS/USI "Waste Processing Facility" that doesn't actually process waste but just looks really cool?

- I might have missed it in the OP, but is there a list of modules that are needed/recommended? Like a Wish List or a Road Map or something like that? Or is it just whatever we think would look cool / benefit the station(s)?

- Is part-clipping frowned upon? Or is it go-to-town, just don't max out the part count?  

Edited by scottadges

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

Hi all, just found this thread last night and super-excited to try my hand at adding a module. I'd like to go ahead and add my name to the Google docs list at the end.

A few quick questions:

- Do the modules have to be literally functional, or perhaps more "suggestive" of functionality? For example, making a non-MKS/USI "Waste Processing Facility" that doesn't actually process waste but just looks really cool?

- I might have missed it in the OP, but is there a list of modules that are needed/recommended? Like a Wish List or a Road Map or something like that? Or is it just whatever we think would look cool / benefit the station(s)?

- Is part-clipping frowned upon? Or is it go-to-town, just don't max out the part count?  

1. The modules don't need to have a function, just need to hit the minimum docking port requirement and look cool like it has a function. It is being done in sandbox mode, if that makes a difference to your design.

2. We don't have a list of needed modules. 

3. Go ahead with part clipping, as long as the part limits are not exceeded.

3 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

1. The modules don't need to have a function, just need to hit the minimum docking port requirement and look cool like it has a function. It is being done in sandbox mode, if that makes a difference to your design.

2. We don't have a list of needed modules. 

3. Go ahead with part clipping, as long as the part limits are not exceeded.

Thank you! I look forward to my place in line for adding a module. Really appreciate your response!

Many have inquired about my progress and after a bit of a guilty and a shameful period of inactivity I finally bear news to report... and an explanation of why things happened as they did.

Now I'll be brutally honest; life got me at the very start of my turn. So I was delayed but in my early attempts to begin reorganizing the station. However when I did finally get a chance to, issues struck. No matter what I did, the save refused to work. So that left me out for another week despite various attempts to fix it until suddenly... today it decided to work.

So I finally kicked into hyperspeed and am going to try and make up for the lost time. However your all more interested in what the changes have been so far.

So my first action was to make the giant fuel tank the body and continue to use the existing core as the new one but focus the station into 4 directions rather than our chaotic spiderweb mess.

7udldje.png

OwJqCHA.png

I've now docked SodaRocket and will begin the rest of the work on the remaining station after I recapture a few other floating structures and attach two new solar trusses. From there all that remains is moving the remaining station. Straight forward and yet will take at least the rest of the week.

But at least now you have news!

Edited by ZooNamedGames

5 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Many have inquired about my progress and after a bit of a guilty and a shameful period of inactivity I finally bear news to report... and an explanation of why things happened as they did.

Now I'll be brutally honest; life got me at the very start of my turn. So I was delayed but in my early attempts to begin reorganizing the station. However when I did finally get a chance to, issues struck. No matter what I did, the save refused to work. So that left me out for another week despite various attempts to fix it until suddenly... today it decided to work.

So I finally kicked into hyperspeed and am going to try and make up for the lost time. However your all more interested in what the changes have been so far.

So my first action was to make the giant fuel tank the body and continue to use the existing core as the new one but focus the station into 4 directions rather than our chaotic spiderweb mess.

7udldje.png

OwJqCHA.png

I've now docked SodaRocket and will begin the rest of the work on the remaining station after I recapture a few other floating structures and attach two new solar trusses. From there all that remains is moving the remaining station. Straight forward and yet will take at least the rest of the week.

But at least now you have news!

Keep up the good work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.