Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

On 5/3/2017 at 8:45 AM, Combatsmithen said:

Yeah it will, some people struggle to run the game with only 50 parts

Perhaps the SSTO should be placed in a nearby "parking orbit."  That way it can be easily retrieved if needed.  Undock, retrograde burn X m/s and prograde burn one orbit later X m/s should put you on the same orbit, phase angled ahead a few km.

Edited by Soda Popinski

I am done with my go. I added CommNet because, why not? Also docked a dockable edition of my SP-12, the D variant. Make sure to put some fuel at the back to balance the plane; too stable in which it will overheat. Also added a Relay Speed boat.

Download the link.

https://mega.nz/#F!piwUURQT!1TIIzFLi35fHkWP4Fz4JCQ

Just so you know, 112-part SSTO, hard to dock.

Edited by Joseph Kerman

I was going to make a deorbit / escape pod, but it seems a bit superfluous with 112-part SSTO attached to the station.  I thought it was going to be 98-parts?  I'll have to think about this.

If you guys have a chance, please add your modules to the module list.  It could really help in the planning.  Especially, as some modules aren't completely obvious in function (I never played Mass Effect).

Edit:  I just got home and fired up the savegame (isn't it suppose to be on Google Drive?).

Is this the right one?  There are two shuttles attached (each around 60 parts).  The KSS is currently 335 parts.  Wasn't there suppose to be a large (100+ part) SSTO attached?  Also, there's some debris 1.8km from the station.

6lQFurK.png

Edited by Soda Popinski

11 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I was going to make a deorbit / escape pod, but it seems a bit superfluous with 112-part SSTO attached to the station.  I thought it was going to be 98-parts?  I'll have to think about this.

If you guys have a chance, please add your modules to the module list.  It could really help in the planning.  Especially, as some modules aren't completely obvious in function (I never played Mass Effect).

Edit:  I just got home and fired up the savegame (isn't it suppose to be on Google Drive?).

Is this the right one?  There are two shuttles attached (each around 60 parts).  The KSS is currently 335 parts.  Wasn't there suppose to be a large (100+ part) SSTO attached?  Also, there's some debris 1.8km from the station.

6lQFurK.png

Wrong save. Did you install the save or the quicksave? 

And yes, there is supposed to be a 112 -part SSTO that is ludicrously hard to dock, paryly due to the size. 

Extra note: I have no Google Drive, but I have mega.nz. 

Edited by Joseph Kerman

2 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Wrong save. Did you install the save or the quicksave? 

And yes, there is supposed to be a 112 -part SSTO that is ludicrously hard to dock, paryly due to the size. 

Extra note: I have no Google Drive, but I have mega.nz. 

There were 5 backup files and one file in the save game directory, called "persistent (1).sfs" on the link you gave.

This was the last backup file.  Close enough?  447 parts might be a bit laggy for some people.

5QjSBur.png

Edited by Soda Popinski

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

There were 5 backup files and one file in the save game directory, called "persistent (1).sfs" on the link you gave.

This was the last backup file.  Close enough?  447 parts might be a bit laggy for some people.

5QjSBur.png

That's the one.

16 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

There are two shuttles attached (each around 60 parts).

Those are mine. Read above. Please install the docking units inside one of them.

16 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Also, there's some debris 1.8km from the station.

Likely my external tank left there at 0.1m/s relative speed to the station so you can refuel and use what's left.

Feel free to drain the External Tanks I leave behind. It's got several 2.5m parts and 3 SAS modules so it's very handy.

I've finished my turn and uploaded the Save File, took myself off the Wait List, and put myself back on at the end.

I sent up the Munar Bus, which when fully fueled has 2937 m/s of delta-V.  More than enough to move 3 kerbals to the Munar Orbital Space Station, and even Duna.  As per the rules, it consists of 5 parts, not including the docking ports.  Capsule, RCS tank, Twin Boar, and 2 RCS blocks.

Here's a GIF of the launch and docking.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, the part count on the station has ballooned with the docking of several ships (half the stations parts are in those 3 ships).  Though they are beautiful ships, it's getting really crowded, and FPS issues.  So talking with OP 53miner53, I got the go ahead to move one of the 3 docked ships to a parking orbit outside of physics range, where 53miner53, on the next turn will dock it with a "Parking Garage" he's launching.  He'll also park the orbiters there.

Right now, the SSTO is parked 30km prograde of the KSS on the same orbit.  In order get to the parking area from KSS, retrograde burn 3.6 m/s at apoapsis, then one orbit later, at apoapsis, burn 3.6 m/s prograde.  Similarly, to go from the parking location, burn 3.6 m/s prograde at apo, and 3.6 m/s retrograde when you get to the station one orbit later.
Here's a GIF on parking the SSTO.  It drifted slightly closer since I shot the video (~29km), but I've got the orbits matched within 1 m on Apo and Peri, so they should be synchronous.

Spoiler

To easily get back and forth between the two areas, I launched and docked a Parking Garage Shuttle, capable of carrying 10 kerbals.  It's currently docked to the SSTO.  Please tip the shuttle bus driver.

Here's a GIF of the launch and docking

Spoiler

The new save file consists of the current version (persistent file and Turn 40 file), Turn 39, where I started to see the SSTO still docked, and 39.5 if you want to check out the station with my Munar Bus before I reparked the SSTO.

Here's the station in its current state.

Edited by Soda Popinski

10 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I've finished my turn and uploaded the Save File, took myself off the Wait List, and put myself back on at the end.

I sent up the Munar Bus, which when fully fueled has 2937 m/s of delta-V.  More than enough to move 3 kerbals to the Munar Orbital Space Station, and even Duna.  As per the rules, it consists of 5 parts, not including the docking ports.  Capsule, RCS tank, Twin Boar, and 2 RCS blocks.

Here's a GIF of the launch and docking.

Hide contents

Unfortunately, the part count on the station has ballooned with the docking of several ships (half the stations parts are in those 3 ships).  Though they are beautiful ships, it's getting really crowded, and FPS issues.  So talking with OP 53miner53, I got the go ahead to move one of the 3 docked ships to a parking orbit outside of physics range, where 53miner53, on the next turn will dock it with a "Parking Garage" he's launching.  He'll also park the orbiters there.

Right now, the SSTO is parked 30km prograde of the KSS on the same orbit.  In order get to the parking area from KSS, retrograde burn 3.6 m/s at apoapsis, then one orbit later, at apoapsis, burn 3.6 m/s prograde.  Similarly, to go from the parking location, burn 3.6 m/s prograde at apo, and 3.6 m/s retrograde when you get to the station one orbit later.
Here's a GIF on parking the SSTO.  It drifted slightly closer since I shot the video (~29km), but I've got the orbits matched within 1 m on Apo and Peri, so they should be synchronous.

Reveal hidden contents

To easily get back and forth between the two areas, I launched and docked a Parking Garage Shuttle, capable of carrying 10 kerbals.  It's currently docked to the SSTO.  Please tip the shuttle bus driver.

Here's a GIF of the launch and docking

Reveal hidden contents

The new save file consists of the current version (persistent file and Turn 40 file), Turn 39, where I started to see the SSTO still docked, and 39.5 if you want to check out the station with my Munar Bus before I reparked the SSTO.

Here's the station in its current state.

So you did not refuel it... 

Docking that is a pain on it's own... 

Finished! I added the parking lot station, and docked @Soda Popinski transport craft, @Joseph Kerman SSTO, @ZooNamedGames shuttles, and my shuttle Columbia LR to it. I did not transfer any fuel though. My next turn will have a similar module dock to expand the craft capacity, as we have already run out of room for wide crafts. @Probodobodyne QBE Is up.

Edited by 53miner53

7 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Finished! I added the parking lot station, and docked @Soda Popinski transport craft, @Joseph Kerman SSTO, @ZooNamedGames shuttles, and my shuttle Columbia LR to it. I did not transfer any fuel though. My next turn will have a similar module dock to expand the craft capacity, as we have already run out of room for wide crafts. @Probodobodyne QBE Is up.

So you did not refuel it!

1 hour ago, Joseph Kerman said:

YOU!!! You said you'll REFUEL it!!!

I forgot to transfer fuel. By the time I remembered, I had posted the save file and figured the connection to more fuel would be enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.