53miner53

Community Space Station 1.3

809 posts in this topic

Hmmm. Maybe docking ports SHOULDN't count towards parts. So we can send up a large docking hub for future expansion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Hmmm. Maybe docking ports SHOULDN't count towards parts. So we can send up a large docking hub for future expansion

That's a better idea, I think. Another rule revision for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

remember when that person said that this tread wouldn't last? well it did! HAHAHAHA!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@wrench-in-the-works has 2 days left in his time limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

should we also not count RCS toward the module part count? If we are sending up a bigger docking thing, using more than 2 docking ports, we will need more RCS for the added weight/mass/shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

should we also not count RCS toward the module part count? If we are sending up a bigger docking thing, using more than 2 docking ports, we will need more RCS for the added weight/mass/shape.

Well, the RCS could be on a service module, or you could use the RCS tug that is at the LKO station. Does that help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 53miner53 said:

Well, the RCS could be on a service module, or you could use the RCS tug that is at the LKO station. Does that help?

oh I didn't know there was a tug. that makes sense.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@wrench-in-the-works has one day left to add his module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

@wrench-in-the-works has one day left to add his module.

oh feg i wasn't paying attention school and stuff came around. i'll have it done i promise.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone going? 'Cause if not I will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feck, I just noticed the "up to 5 parts" rule. I knew I missed something, now I have to do it again. Might forfeit. IDK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

Feck, I just noticed the "up to 5 parts" rule. I knew I missed something, now I have to do it again. Might forfeit. IDK.

I also just realized that, also the "Only one module per person" but no one complained about mine, or they might have and I just didn't notice, but whatever.

Remember to remover your name when you're done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HiThere!2 said:

I also just realized that, also the "Only one module per person" but no one complained about mine, or they might have and I just didn't notice, but whatever.

Maybe so, but 61 (59 not counting docking ports) miiiiiiiiiiiight be pushing it...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wrench-in-the-works said:

Maybe so, but 61 (59 not counting docking ports) miiiiiiiiiiiight be pushing it...

Yeah...

What is it anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HiThere!2 said:

Yeah...

What is it anyway?

An escape module with automatic separation (the bulk of the parts are sepratrons), reentry capability and room for 16 kerbals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wrench-in-the-works said:

An escape module with automatic separation (the bulk of the parts are sepratrons), reentry capability and room for 16 kerbals.

I also added an escape pod, but it's only 11 kerbals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HiThere!2 said:

I also added an escape pod, but it's only 11 kerbals.

Well, together that makes 31 kerbals (mine holds 20 i cant count). Paging @53miner53, do all those escape sepratrons disqualify my module?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

Well, together that makes 31 kerbals (mine holds 20 i cant count). Paging @53miner53, do all those escape sepratrons disqualify my module?

How many parts are on the station?

Small parts still lag.

Edited by HiThere!2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Before my module, 91. After, 152. Overall, my module has about two thirds (!!!) as many parts as the entire station before module. Most of those parts are sepratrons, and rcs nozzles, because I didn't feel like adding a tug, and a little too far to go back and add one.

Edited by wrench-in-the-works
i can math good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For an escape module, I could give you some leeway, because it would be very hard to do with the 2 docking port minimum, but 60 parts is a few too many.

Edited by 53miner53
Copy+Paste messed with formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added a large fuel depot to it, I don't know if it stayed on the station in the long run though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

I added a large fuel depot to it, I don't know if it stayed on the station in the long run though.

If it's no longer there, you could re-add it with cheats, since you already added it once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

If it's no longer there, you could re-add it with cheats, since you already added it once. 

I tried but the save file is incompatable with the current version of ksp, but it was just two of the largest kerbadyne 14,400 fuel tanks, two kerbadyne to rocketmax structral adapters on the ends of the tanks, with docking port seniors on the ends of the adapters and then just a ra-100 relay antenna on the side about half way down, if you could recreate that and put it on that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well, I now have a module that's (mostly) in the part limit. Its only 2 over, but a parachute and drone core are necessary, considering the hitchhiker can offers no control.

After rather heavily trimming down the escape module, it now offers only four exclusive seats (because there's only one right now, maybe more to come), and 99% guaranteed reentry safety (reentry safety not guaranteed). Please be aware, use of the escape module can damage the station. Use only in emergencies. Be warned, all the current stages (the three) belong to the escape pod, and pressing space will royally [redacted] you over.

http://imgur.com/a/llKC1 low images because im tired as hell.

Orbital explanation inbound due to a shocking lack of screenshots.

Spoiler

Started off with a basic full power burn until the liquid fuel boosters ran out. after separation, the main stage burned until a high-kerbin orbit was achieved. moving on from here, a hohmann transfer was made to the lower orbit, however, instead of burning at the periapsis to reduce orbit, the maneuver to intercept was place shortly after the periapsis, about 15 minutes after. Proceeded to match orbit after a few nodes, managed to get within ~10 km and 20 m/s relative velocity. After that, we made random approaches with the slightly misbalanced rcs tug, about 5 or so approaches. Finally, we managed to dock successfully.

@rocketbuilder, new file's up, and @53miner53, I've taken the liberty to move the old file into the old versions folder.

Edited by wrench-in-the-works
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Turn 19 - I've added an asteroid. I got 2 krakens while adding it, so beware...

Edited by rocketbuilder
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now