Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

Rules: 

Not bout each other or KSP

Cause why not we need a place to vent out anger.

So umm, here in ER it's raining HARD. REALLY HARD. My umbrella was flying everywhere but it wasn't THAT bad. But then it collapsed like a rocket without struts in KSP. 3/4 of the way it collapsed.

Now in soaking wet and sitting on my couch waiting...

RIP umbrella ????-2017

d068013c0aa356600e75abeb4aca7170.jpg

15 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Complaining is a way to relive stress which means happiness!

Actually, no. Research shows that complaining trains the brain to think negatively. The neural pathways in the brain that are used are reinforced every time, causing a downwards spiral. Every time you complain, your brain is more eager to think negative thoughts the next time. Even worse, people that are surrounded by negative people, are much more likely to start and increase their complaining too. Meanwhile, complaining floods your body with stress hormones, which eats up energy and suppresses the immune system. In short, complaining is actually bad for your health and the people around you.

I guess after second hand smoke, second hand complaining is a thing now too.

A half hour of complaining every day physically damages a person’s brain, according to research from Stanford University. Whether you’re the one griping or you’re the one listening, exposure to negativity peels back neurons in the hippocampus—the part of the brain used for problem solving and cognitive function. Over time, complaining becomes a habit. If you’re surrounded by complainers, then you’re more likely become one.

source.

20 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Complaining is a way to relive stress which means happiness!

IF that was true my wife would have a permanent grin on her face.

On 2/17/2017 at 8:27 PM, Camacha said:

Research shows that complaining trains the brain to think negatively. The neural pathways in the brain that are used are reinforced every time, causing a downwards spiral. Every time you complain, your brain is more eager to think negative thoughts the next time.

Care to cite something for me on that one?

Edited by LordFerret

On 17 February 2017 at 11:51 PM, Camacha said:

Someone opened a stupid thread about complaining. Why can we not be happy?

Because i have alot of complaints everyday and throwing them out in the public makes me feel better. Like what @Spacetraindriver said. And ok, it might be bad for you health, but if you didnt tell us that, the placebo effect could have helped us a little. Ah well, you know what, im in charge of my health, i do what i want.

Anyways, back on track! Our school now uses Ipads, and its way worse than you think it is. We use this thing called a learning portal wich is bassicly a website with all your education material built in. The problem? There are 2, Distraction and Diversity.

Distraction? Well pretty often, you get linked to Youtube videos, and look! There is a video of a cute kitten! Lets click on that! And thats how you completely lose track of your lesson, you always get distracted. Its hard to ignore those things, because its always your favourite YouTuber who is there, waiting to get your view.

Diversity? Well, with books, you just complete some exercises and you are done. The learning portal is completely different, the first day you have to walk around the school to look at random objects just to learn 10 words. The second day you have to sit on your back and watch 10 videos about the same grammar topic. Its always a im too lazy to do that problem because you are not used to such diverse exercises.

Working with ipads sounds all fun and games, but it does not fit with the real deal.

Oh well I have a funny story about iPads. Someone downloaded a few pictures of some politicians and each day I would use the iPad's I would change the screen saver to one of those politicians. The person that was assigned to the same iPad next period became my best friend this year. The iPad's were school property btw.

15 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Oh well I have a funny story about iPads. Someone downloaded a few pictures of some politicians and each day I would use the iPad's I would change the screen saver to one of those politicians. The person that was assigned to the same iPad next period became my best friend this year. The iPad's were school property btw.

Lol, our Ipads are our own property. Wich means games are allowed, and that also means more distraction /:

Out of interest, do you have to purchase them from the school, or could you buy one retail as long as it meets a certain specification?

Having read some of the stories about hardware supplied by schools there's no way I'd let any child of mine near any of it without at least covering any camera on the device with masking tape.

Why doesn't everyone think like me? If everyone did, the world would be a perfect technological, meritocratic utopia. Cant people realise this? It seems so obvious. I am trapped on a planet of idiots.

I take it everyone thinks this? Which is probably the answer to the first question.

If only humanity could change everything about itself we'd be set!

Edited by p1t1o

On 2/20/2017 at 0:26 AM, Bill Phil said:

Why haven't we used Project Orion? It's our best way to get anywhere in the solar system.

(I know the reason, just complain'n)

I'm wondering, but what's your favorite iteration of Orion?

To stay on topic, why can't I write faster?

Just now, 0111narwhalz said:

There's more than just the NPD? :P

I complain that I don't have a keyboard for my phone. I mean, it has a touchscreen, but that's not the same.

There's classic Orion, Medusa, and Mini-mag, there might be a couple more, depending on what you consider 'Orion' (i.e. Daedalus, antimatter catalyzed, etc).

2 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

There's more than just the NPD? :P

Just now, Spaceception said:

There's classic Orion, Medusa, and Mini-mag, there might be a couple more, depending on what you consider 'Orion' (i.e. Daedalus, antimatter catalyzed, etc).

Theres a whole thread on here about how "Orion" is a ridiculously popular choice for space project names. I think I even started it.

Even this thing is called "Orion":

orion_iii_spaceplane_ortho_by_unusualsus

31 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Theres a whole thread on here about how "Orion" is a ridiculously popular choice for space project names. I think I even started it.

Even this thing is called "Orion":

[Edited by adsii1970]

Yes, a concept by Arthur C. Clarke from the 1960s. Believe it or not, the design is pretty tight. I've made a craft based on this and it actually flies extremely well... It was based on a passenger craft done by North American aviation when it was predicted there'd eventually be space station tourist hotels in Earth orbit by the 1990s...

But since this is a thread about complaints... I hate having students that don't turn in assignments and do not attend class - then cry that the grade they are earning isn't fair.

Edited by adsii1970