Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I think the implication is that the students in question are damaging their grade through not paying attention and contempt of the concepts being taught, not through personal conflict specifically.

Ah, that seems a bit simplistic. Bright students are often the ones that test the teacher's patience, sometimes simply because they are bored due to a lack of challenge. Getting excellent grades and being a nuisance do not exclude each other one bit.

okay, people were talking badly about their schools...NOW IM HERE!!!

• I get in trouble for defending my friends and myself from racism and other things
  • I'm just as good and probably better then 95% of the people in my grade, but whenever I do anything I'm told "OMG SHUT UP" YOUR SO *explicative* ANNOYING!!" "GO AWAY YOU *explicative*
  • my English teacher asks for a 12 page story of a quarterly workshop piece (yes, its stupid) and she gives us only two weeks and no days to work on It, and she only reads the FIRST PAGE
  • I get in trouble in French because I know nothing about it
  • people think that they are the only people whos opinions matter, so the second that someone says something that completely is the opposite of what they believe they go up to the teacher that they "are disrespecting my opinions" when I never said anything to them
  • shipping, I need to say no more, its stupid
  • people think that kerbal is "launching little green "*explicative*s into space then killing them
  • they think kerbal is warmongering and, what's a stupid game?... call of duty is peaceful
  • they all think that the world. is. flat.
  • they think any person who isn't exactly like them is an idiot, they also think that anyone like them are copycats
  • there's a certain someone in my grade, who does everything as a joke, and everyone believes him
  • they think that the space program is a stupid waste of money
  • they also don't believe in evolution because they don't want to be related to animals

about the last one, humans are the most destructive, violent, evil, stupid, gullible, warmongering ANIMALS on the planet

that's it, that's my rage for now

join us next time, where I take on, EVERYTHING, oh yeah one thing

a few months ago, I first read the HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, and for a joke for a while, I would answer every question with the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everything, forty-two, so after doing it for a while, I told them the real answer, so no harm done, but then after that, everyone would say, whenever I walk up to them to ask a question or for school thingy, they would say "go away forty two" or "nobody cares" or the abominable "nobody cares about science"

so now I cant have a civilized conversation with anyone but my friends.

yay...

On 21 February 2017 at 9:06 PM, munlander1 said:

I hate idiots who talk during class that makes the teacher tell them to stop talking. It's a rodeo in there.

I can totally relate to that. If there is are five seconds of silence in our class, everyone starts talking again. The teacher really got to talk fast before the party starts again.

Here is what i hate about school, not that i hate education, just the people in school:

• People who talk in class to much, and never pay attention to their super interesting lesson.
  • People who make random noises in class, you know. In The Netherlands we have these things called Internet Gekkies wich are bassicly internet video memes but Dutch only. 90% of all these memes are about people saying stuff that does not mak any sense, something like Damn Daniel and 9+10=21 or Bruh. Imagine people saying Damn Daniel all the time while you are trying to know how WW1 was caused. Bassicly that.
  • -tfw you open a one door of a double door for someone and that someone uses the other side lf the door.
  • Newcomers. Most of them mess around with older schoolmates, wich result with bullying.
  • I also have people in school who get massivley offended when someone says the word cancer because a family member/friend has cancer, and cancer is also common swearword in The Netherlands. But! I have family in Liberia! (A close uncle of mine lives there) and geuss what! There is a disease called Ebola there! And i dont care if someone makes fun of it. Am i just offensive-proof or are other peoples walls made out of wool? I actually dont really like both sides, because the swearer should know be aware of hurting people and the being sweared to person should learn to get more offensive proof. Ok, sorry for getting to deep on this, i dont want to start a discussion on this complaint, please.

Thats all i have, just my opinions.

Anyways, there are still kids straving Africa, so my complaints are not huge problems.

Edited by NSEP

13 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

• people think that they are the only people whos opinions matter, so the second that someone says something that completely is the opposite of what they believe they go up to the teacher that they "are disrespecting my opinions" when I never said anything to them
  • people think that kerbal is "launching little green "*explicative*s into space then killing them
  • they think kerbal is warmongering and, what's a stupid game?... call of duty is peaceful
  • they think any person who isn't exactly like them is an idiot, they also think that anyone like them are copycats
  • there's a certain someone in my grade, who does everything as a joke, and everyone believes him
  • they also don't believe in evolution because they don't want to be related to animals

I refuse to accept this post as a true fact.

I firmly refuse to. There's no way that a classful of people behave like this and get accepted. I want to believe that you're exaggerating or that you can't understand irony.

12 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

I firmly refuse to. There's no way that a classful of people behave like this and get accepted. I want to believe that you're exaggerating or that you can't understand irony.

You would be surprised 

18 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I think the implication is that the students in question are damaging their grade through not paying attention and contempt of the concepts being taught, not through personal conflict specifically.

Where I live,  we get two grades - one for academics and then another for conduct. It's either U (unsatisfactory), S (satisfactory), or O (outstanding).

He could be referring to that.

1 hour ago, Aperture Science said:

im sorry, its true

@StupidAndy

Just because some of these resonated with my time at school in some way, probably mostly because they are all so normal:

• I get in trouble for defending my friends and myself from racism and other things
    • Thats the unfairness of life for you.
  • I'm just as good and probably better then 95% of the people in my grade, but whenever I do anything I'm told "OMG SHUT UP" YOUR SO *explicative* ANNOYING!!" "GO AWAY YOU *explicative*
    • Thats what being a standard geek was like in the early 90's as a matter of routine.
  • my English teacher asks for a 12 page story of a quarterly workshop piece (yes, its stupid) and she gives us only two weeks and no days to work on It, and she only reads the FIRST PAGE]
    • Ha! This is the same in every school.
  • I get in trouble in French because I know nothing about it
    • School? Amirite?
    • Welcome to life. The trick is finding someone worth voicing your opinion to, with some people, its not worth your effort. Telling these groups apart is non-trivial.
    • Shipping? Or shopping? Because if its the latter, I am on board with this sentiment.
    • And some people think we didn't go to the moon, dont dwell on it.

• There are 7 bilion people in this world, most of them are like this, or in some similar way. Identify people who are not, dont pay attention to the others. DONT get militant about the existence of the others, there are better/more important things to worry about.

• Wouldn't be school without a guy like that.
    • Honestly, I could have a very serious conversation about that. If you treat the ideas with respect, you can discuss any topic.

And, uhmmm, yeah the Hitchhiker's "42" bit was mostly your fault, but Im getting that you know that already lol!

On 19.02.2017 at 11:47 PM, munlander1 said:

EVERYONE DIES

You are just using a limited sampling. 

On 19.02.2017 at 11:55 PM, NSEP said:

Distraction? Well pretty often, you get linked to Youtube videos, and look! There is a video of a cute kitten! Lets click on that!

Yes, lessons distract the attention from kittens.

On 21.02.2017 at 11:20 PM, munlander1 said:

They:

Waste time

play on their phones when teacher is talking

talk when the teacher is talking

i would not say cuss, but use vocabulary that is frowned upon when talking to the teacher

and ignore the teacher.

While diligent @munlander1 works hard here.

On 22.02.2017 at 2:56 AM, Spacetraindriver said:

Now our Science teacher is forcing us to take our home coppies every day. My back was already aching last semester now I have to haul 3 textbooks nearly everyday

Did you think the science is easy?
But it's ok. Next semester you will be bringing 100 buckets of water every morning.

On 22.02.2017 at 10:37 PM, munlander1 said:

one of my group members took a wire striped at the ends and put it in the positive and negative end of 2 different outlets. (One end went into the positive of one outlet and the other to the negative of the other). Sparks went everywhere, and you could here the breaker trip. There were, what looked like flares descending from above the outlet.

When they finish school and get this job, nothing changes.

On 23.02.2017 at 6:20 AM, StupidAndy said:

humans are the most destructive, violent, evil, stupid, gullible, warmongering ANIMALS on the planet

Yes, but we like them not only for this.

On 23.02.2017 at 5:10 PM, NSEP said:

If there is are five seconds of silence in our class, everyone starts talking again. The teacher really got to talk fast before the party starts again.

Do the rules of your classes allow double shots against the ceiling from a double-barrel shotgun?

On 23.02.2017 at 8:08 PM, TheKosanianMethod said:

It's either U (unsatisfactory), S (satisfactory), or O (outstanding

U = Still unsatisfied with his knowledge, wants more.
O = Stands out from the classroom to let others learn.

On 25.2.2017 at 3:59 AM, munlander1 said:

Are you talking about this thread? If you are, we are complaining about school.:) 

It's probably a self-reference, or, with your question, you made a self-reference out of it. This thread is about complaining, so liking your post is completely off-topic because it's not complaining, witch gives a meaning to the self-reference because it complained about not complaining. Or so. :-)

I am out of school since some time, i could, as most people my age do, complain about the weather but i know it's useless. I would complain about the stupidity of the stock markets, it's useless. I could complain about the actions of our leaders/heads of state/industry/whatever, it's forbidden (and useless). I could complain about the (felt) lack of education in many people my age, who are unwilling to adopt new findings, it's useless. And, i tell you, i am sometimes surprised about the limitations some people impose on their selves (flat earthers, space deniers, "ptolemaians", ..), but it's useless. They think the same about me.

Remains only to complain about my server that does not want to accept the new Spanish kezboard, i mean keyboard. Small problem.

Edited by Green Baron

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Did you think the science is easy?
But it's ok. Next semester you will be bringing 100 buckets of water every morning.

Pictured: A proper Science education

drunken-master6.jpg

On 20 February 2017 at 0:58 AM, pxi said:

Out of interest, do you have to purchase them from the school, or could you buy one retail as long as it meets a certain specification?

Having read some of the stories about hardware supplied by schools there's no way I'd let any child of mine near any of it without at least covering any camera on the device with masking tape.

We had to purchase them from our schools website (with a €100 discount)

On 27 February 2017 at 4:07 PM, Spacetraindriver said:

Actually, it's is one of the more easier classes I have. 

For me too. Its just fun. Not always, but mostly.

On 27 February 2017 at 10:47 AM, kerbiloid said:

Do the rules of your classes allow double shots against the ceiling from a double-barrel shotgun?

Well, there are no rules against it. But guns arent legal here, so its unlikely. Screaming and threats are allowed though, that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

When people misspell "practice" and mispronounce "hyperbole"

I know you said "Not about KSP" but KSP wise, when people say things like "Oh my kod!" and "perikee" and "apokee" on the forums and in game.

Edited by Adstriduum

Something that bugs me is when people say their KSP mission was "manned" or (ugh) "kerballed"

Please, just say it was crewed. A simple, clean, real term that describes what you meant with perfection. Your KSP mission didn't carry humans (unless you're RPing, then you have my apologies), nor are you creating words.

Thank you.