Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

1 minute ago, Aperture Science said:

Please, just say it was crewed

Doesn't "crewed" neglect those packs  honourable passengers?
Not everybody onboard is a crew member, and "crewed" even doesn't count them as persons.

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Doesn't "crewed" neglect those packs  honourable passengers?
Not everybody onboard is a crew member, and "crewed" even doesn't count them as persons.

"Populated"

So I was waiting at the lights on Boulevard de Nantes in Cardiff at the Museum, I had been there for a few minutes, the lights are slow.  Suddenly there was a bump, I thought I stalled the car.  Engine was still running though and I wasn't even in gear.  I glance back and see a grey Nissan juke ( BK66 CYV ) in the back.  I am beginning to see why Richard Hammond hates them so much.  I wondered what to do, I got out, had a look.  I was quite angry, I hadn't been in a good mood all day.  I held my anger though and reassured the other driver it was just the bumper and nothing to worry about.  I got back in as if nothing had happened.  It was just another scratch in the rear bumper.  It isn't the first time it has happened to me or second.  People keep hitting my car.

What I should have done is give them one of my business cards and offer them a free card.  That'll show them.

I have a forward facing camera in the car, I need a rear one too.

oh and I found this one morning last year:

I have a drivers side door handle that is broken.  Toyota want £90 for a new one.  So I have been going without.

Edited by Kokoro
more stuff, door handle

3 hours ago, Kokoro said:

I have a drivers side door handle that is broken.  Toyota want £90 for a new one.  So I have been going without.

Maybe you can get a replacement at the wrecking yard? Here in North America, at least, there are places where you can go and cannibalize parts off old dead cars for significantly cheaper prices than buying new parts.

But while we're on the topic of things we want to complain about: What drives me nuts is when people pass on the right when there is no lane.

In some places here, the road is wide enough that two cars can fit side by side. The intent of the wider pavement is to provide space for parking. In the types of places I am thinking of, there is no white dotted line indicating a second lane. The road is just wider. I pass by one such place on my way to and from work each day, and there happens to also be a traffic light on that stretch. Quite often when the light goes red, idiots will pull up on the inside, then gun it off the light when it goes green so they can get to the head of the line of cars.Trouble is that the road narrows about 100m down from the light and there's also a pedestrian crossing there too. These jerks are busy racing ahead and cutting left before the road narrows as they approach a crosswalk at high speed... All to save a few seconds on their way home. How selfish do you have to be?

Edited by PakledHostage

Ha ! That sounds like drivers from southwest Germany. That's the country where those shiny Porsche and Mercedes are built. People there are the worst drivers i know all over Europe and part of America. They define themselves and their egos by the power of their car. They can't wait, they won't give way, they will chase you off the left lane on the autobahn, they push with flashing lights 5m behind you at a speed of 200km/h.

But when they are here on La Palma, where roads are narrow, curvy and challenging, where you don't take the hand from the gearshifter, where you need the handbrake when you stop because of slope, where you go 1200m up and down just to reach the other side of the island and you need the engine to break they panic. I see it in the eyes of the German tourists when they drive, they are utterly overburdened with the circumstances. >200hp are useless here. A small diesel (i got a Yaris diesel and rarely use the 5th, never the 6th) or even electric car is second to none.

That's so .... satisfying.

The locals are reasonable drivers. They stop, give way, rarely speed, wait, even operate the indicators when appropriate. So relaxing.

(I'm a German myself just living here and consider myself a slightly below average driver)

Yes, that was a rant :-)

I hate texting and driving. Got in an accident on the way home with my sister. We got in front of him though and a few feet down the traffic stopped relatively quickly. My sister stops and then the car was jolted forward. My sister looked back and saw him look up. Her finder got messed up and the frame got damaged because of the hit.

Edited by munlander1

Ok, so for an art class project we had to sculpt a person.

Me and my partner chose Abraham Lincoln to sculpt. I did the bulk of the work (as in he only did the ears) In two days I was able to get it perfect! Then my art teacher said it was too small and smashed it without hesitation. This is what she actually said: "Hmmm, its too big *smash* make it more like that! *points at bust drawing on board*" I slugged it out and made a pretty decent one. Then came the day when the person across from me asked for help with their sculpture. She dragged up the chair next to them and glanced at mines. She said it was a nice size but pointed out several "problems" on mines. She scooped some clay from the bottom of mines and plastered it all over his (the sculpture's) face. Now the only one that really "helped" was the back of the head. The worst part is is that she did it so casually! She wasn't mad at me or anything she just assumes I did work my rear end off to do these as good as I can! And she also practically ruined the other person's sculpture. 

I hate it when I'm checking the KSP forums during the middle of the day and the "athletic cool people" say, jokingly, "huy andi, wut r u plaiin?"
I'm the only one who goes on the internet for science while the rest of them go on for FPS games and cookie clicker, where all you have to do is get a startup and wait a day and you get a billion cookies, literally a billion cookies

FPSes are the worst things ever invented

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

[Disputed]

My parents are going to a desert party without me. Now, that's not really a complaint; I'll have some time to play moar KSP. What I am complaining about, however, is the fact that they're taking the giant shade structure with them. It's assembled from conduit. You know what else is constructed from conduit?

My jerry-rigged lens stand.

That's right! They took my main source of pyromancy, without actually taking it!

Now I have a few options to resolve the issue and prevent pyromania withdrawal. I could simply hold the lens. But the fun things usually involve either holding something in the focus with a pair of pliers, or holding the focus on something for a long time. Neither of those are compatible with holding a square meter of floppy plastic in a barely-less-floppy hoop. Another option is finding a friend to help me out. They would do the boring "holding the lens" part, and I would stick stuff in the focus, or vice versa. Problem is, I have few friends who are friends enough to invite to my home and sufficiently pyromaniacal. It might work, though. My final option is to jerry-rig a new stand. Materials include things like rotten lumber, huge sheets of plywood, and cinder blocks. I think all the plywood is reserved for a kitchen remodel, though, so I can't "reconfigure" it permanently. The new stand must be sufficiently mobile to allow sun-tracking (both altitude and azimuth) but sturdy enough to contain the floppy lens itself.

How am I to melt, burn, or vitrify various houshold objects without my kilowatt death ray? Alas!

Edited by 0111narwhalz

6 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I'm the only one who goes on *pom pom pom*

no your not ; ) so easy that i don't see the point either ; ) may be we should a provide a notice about "how too" on e-bay and amazon ^^ still i suspect that [censored] [censored] and [censored] might (at least attempt) [censor] us before ^^ weird ... may be not sure ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

12 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I hate it when I'm checking the KSP forums during the middle of the day and the "athletic cool people" say, jokingly, "huy andi, wut r u plaiin?"
I'm the only one who goes on the internet for science while the rest of them go on for FPS games and cookie clicker, where all you have to do is get a startup and wait a day and you get a billion cookies, literally a billion cookies

12 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

F P S e s   a r e   t h e   w o r s t   t h i n g s   e v e r   i n v e n t e d 

0c2.jpg

How dare you. I can agree about cookie clicker, mobile games or MOBA/RPG games, but FPS games are the opposite of what you've said. FPS games are way more fun, and can be used to exercise reaction times or teamwork skills.

Unless you're talking about the Call of Duty games that came out after MW2 and Black Ops. Those shall be killed with fire.

21 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

How dare you.

There's too damn many of them.  How many FPS games does the market need?  Why can't those companies come up with something new, or look into other genres, rather than doing the same thing over and over and over again?

The day publishers figured out that they could sell flashy first person shooters to teenagers in numbers greater than sand on a beach was the day that quality simulations died.

Why do we even have a thread to complain about stuff? It just gives you notifications that make you complain about stuff. It also makes people complain about people who complain about stuff that they like. 

Why am I complaining? I'm going to complain about myself complaining now... 

Just now, razark said:

There's too damn many of them.  How many FPS games does the market need?  Why can't those companies come up with something new, or look into other genres, rather than doing the same thing over and over and over again?

Saying that quality simulations died isn't right: take a gander at the ArmA series, Project Reality, Insurgency, Squad or TitanIM.

Also, the market doesn't only offer FPS games. Take a look at the Steam Store, there are loads of different games there.

20 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Saying that quality simulations died isn't right: take a gander at the ArmA series, Project Reality, Insurgency, Squad or TitanIM.

Also, the market doesn't only offer FPS games. Take a look at the Steam Store, there are loads of different games there.

One is advised not to take everything extremely literally, nor to put too much into quotes from a decade ago.

But once Doom and then Quake hit the scene, the variety of offerings in one genre became extremely saturated and in other genres, noticeably lacking.  Perhaps the balance isn't as skewed as it once was, but I've largely stopped paying attention and am well on my way to becoming set in my ways.

(Shakes fist and yells at kids to get off his lawn)

15 hours ago, razark said:

(Shakes fist and yells at kids to get off his lawn)

Ajj62A0.jpg

disclaimer swhimsuit and beach , seem comfy somehow to complain about stuff ^^ "andy waroll google 2017 cc licence" /applause

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I hate it when I'm doing homework and I don't do the right thing... for three hours!

I had two pages of work: 722 and 732. I ended up working off of 722... but doing the problem numbers from 732, and only a few of the problems have the same numbers. This means I had to do about 25% more work, which is not much, but to a tired and bored me it is.

And while complaining about my homework,  Autocorrect changes "it" to "7th." HOW ARE THOSE TWO THINGS SIMILAR?