Collectibles

Alright here is an interesting topic, in my opinion

What if going to other planets / moons rewarded you? Let's say you would get like a collectible! Or bits and pieces of a item that if you get all those pieces, you get a special item.

I don't know what those items would be but you have to get the collectibles to get them in a Career or Science game.

For Example, on Duna, you might be able after you find enough pieces, be able to get like a powerful engine or something like that.

I had an idea of a surface sample container in a shape of a glass tube which would display a floating ball of dirt you collected. The ball of dirt would be animated and changed its visuals to represent the biome/planet it came from. I had no time to implement it though, but I can clearly imagine what shapes, colors and animations should be there.

MiGeaVN.png 

A nice trophy to commemorate a manned visit of a celestial body.

Edited by Enceos

I once posted a thread like this with flags (as collectibles) representing the body you've visited. Each body would unlock you one (or several) flags. Maybe even milestones could do that? Go abouve 70km and get a nice flag with stars on it. Also companies. Maybe after accepting and completing X contracts from one of them could unlock you their flag for future use?

Edited by Veeltch

A memorial wall, or statue.

Every achievement adds something to that wall. Every unfortunate (or deliberate) fatality also gets mentioned. And it should be a building at the KSC that you can click on with 1 mouse-click. Scientific achievements are already visible - so you already get a little list of places where you've been - but it's buried deep inside the R&D facility. I think several mouse-clicks is too much for people (this may sound sarcastic, but it's not meant to be).

I'd still argue something that can be interacted with (like a flag) should be collectible. Collecting things that are just eye candy (like statues, memorial walls, dirt samples) and can't be used in any way is kind of pointless to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.