Kebol Systempedia

Scoutman1121

This is basically a Encyclopedia for every single Kerban planet. It will help you with size, orbit, interesting things, stats, and basically everything you need to know.

Kerbol (Sun)

Kerbol, or the Kerbol system's star, is the only thing in the game you cannot land on.

Statistics

1. Heat:3000 - 9000 Farenheit
  2. Oxygen:Yes
  3. Moons:No
  4. Escape Velocity:90,000ish

Landing

Even with "Ignore Temperature" on, anything below -250 will be instantly destroyed no matter how many cheats you have installed.

Orbit

It is definitely possible to orbit Kerbol. However, you'll need several or more heat shields. And solar panels will give you a whole lot of power!

Wow. Anyways, I'm happy you're putting together a handy information repository, @Scoutman1121 and I suddenly wish I'd mentioned that sooner! Something I've been looking for in a KSP planet encyclopedia but haven't found yet is the velocities for a craft in low circular orbit around the listed planets. If you're putting together an encyclopedia of handy values, I'd like to ask it as a request! The information can be found theoretically (math) or experimentally (Hyperedit), but I think it'd be super handy to just have in one place. Let me know what you think!

Finally, and this is just opinion, more encyclopedias should include values like 90,000ish! Totally the way.

Quite a few posts have been trimmed from this thread. People, if you do not find a thread useful or interesting, just skip to the next one. Why waste your own time heaping accusations and abuse on someone who has done you no harm? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.