[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

OR i could be some docking prat or even Robat proba and repir tools form space staions!

It's already been stated many times that docking is NOT coming in this update. Space stations, scientific probes or repair tools aren't coming either.

Lookin good nova!

Im wondering if its possible to animate the planet's texture over time as to get some swirling effects in the atomosphere. It would be a really neat effect especially when warping. Also it would serve to give the planet a more fluid feel.

IIRC unity can do animated textures. However, i am assuming that the planet is a simple sphere map.

The color looks very good indeed. Maybe it lacks a little turbulence between on the stripes edges.

I really hope there's a moon close enough that the Green Monster fills almost all of the sky.

Like Jupiter in this video: :D

I believe that moon distance earth actually would be inside Jupiters atomosphere.

I cant wait to drop a kerbal into it to see whats inside!

Actually, I think it's moon-earth distance from the top of the atmosphere, not the center of the planet.

If you must, here's what the real cosmic ballet of moons around our gas giants looks like:

When 0.17 arrives, I'm sure I'll lose many hours simply admiring the show at high timewarp speed :D

So let me get this straight:

Confirmed: 7 planets

Mercury-Jupiter analogue

7th planet close to Kerbol

Named "Charr"

5 moons 4 around Jupiter analogue

New kerbal named "Kurt J Kerman" w/ 3D glasses

Am I right?

I don't know about the 7 planets, unless that is the total for the Kerbol system in the final game. I thought they were only adding 4 planets for this update? Other than that it sounds about right.

Also the planet names with number indicating position in the Kerbol system:

1-Charr

2-Eve (called Eve by Nova on the stream so I'll take it as a confirmation)

===

4-??

5-Meander

It's already been stated many times that docking is NOT coming in this update. Space stations, scientific probes or repair tools aren't coming either.

Is that stuff coming not at alll then?. also with the colour of planets they will looks so much different once we get clouds ones with any type of atmosphere that is

This thread is for discussing the next update, NOT whether Kurt "deserves" a light-hearted reference in the game... You should be glad he even let us join his stream in the first place, instead of just brushing us off and inviting some more well-known developers.

Edited by NovaSilisko

Also guys, from what I heard in Kurt's live stream. I think it was Harv who said that there might not be more solar systems. There will just be dozens of planets to make it a nice solar system. (Correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I could hear but it might not be right)

Also guys, from what I heard in Kurt's live stream. I think it was Harv who said that there might not be more solar systems. There will just be dozens of planets to make it a nice solar system. (Correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I could hear but it might not be right)

Well he said he didn't want randomly generated solar systems because then people couldn't compare their achivments

Thread locked for multiple off-topic posts. It's suggested the OP start a new thread, and as a note the Mod team will be watching this new thread very closely. We are tired of warning you, and will now hand out infractions instantly for off-topic posting.

-DR