It's official. I just turned 17 today. (Outdated)

daniel l.

2 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

Perhaps. But not intelligent ones, No radio signals coming from Trappist. Technically that's a good thing, It means the system is OURS!!!! MUHAHAHAA!!!

Laughs along with you

I kinda want to write a sci-fi series on it at some point, following an Alien civ evolving in the system.

3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I kinda want to write a sci-fi series on it at some point, following an Alien civ evolving in the system.

Just make sure it ends with them all getting obliterated by Terran stormtroopers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, daniel l. said:

Just make sure it ends with them all getting obliterated by Terran stormtroopers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That'd be one hell of an ending, but I think either humans don't exist, and it's just in the same universe, or humans never get around to colonizing the system, either because they don't need too, they found the aliens and are trying to leave them alone, or wiped themselves out. Bottom line, humans won't be seen or mentioned.

I've already written a partial first chapter in my head :D

1 minute ago, Spaceception said:

That'd be one hell of an ending, but I think either humans don't exist, and it's just in the same universe, or humans never get around to colonizing the system, either because they don't need too, they found the aliens and are trying to leave them alone, or wiped themselves out. Bottom line, humans won't be seen or mentioned.

I've already written a partial first chapter in my head :D

Sounds good. Though the one problem with using Aliens, Is that they would be so different from us that it would be difficult to relate to them or understand them, Everything from thoughts to emotions would differ vastly and the reader would be unable to really understand what is going on. And humanoid aliens are unrealistic so... Could be a challenge for you.

Just now, daniel l. said:

Sounds good. Though the one problem with using Aliens, Is that they would be so different from us that it would be difficult to relate to them or understand them, Everything from thoughts to emotions would differ vastly and the reader would be unable to really understand what is going on. And humanoid aliens are unrealistic so... Could be a challenge for you.

I've got months at least before I've taken enough off of my plate to start writing, and in that time, I can research.

How's the B-day celebrations going?

1 hour ago, daniel l. said:

Perhaps. But not intelligent ones, No radio signals coming from Trappist. Technically that's a good thing, It means the system is OURS!!!! MUHAHAHAA!!!

Unless the Cenos or some other alien race has already called dibs. That would suck because I've given proper names to the star and its planets.

Also, happy birthday! (Like you haven't heard that 1.237e+04 times today)

3 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Happy birthday Daniel.

Hopefully we find radio signals from TRAPPIST-1 soon....

Just got back from a day long odyssey of celebration. Here in California it's become rather difficult to find a good pizza place, After 3 tries we finally found food at Round Table, Then we went to Baskin-Robbins for some ice cream. Now I'm back home and waiting for the Trader-Joes cheesecake to thaw.

So I've had a good day today, And something tells me it's not over :D

12 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Just got back from a day long odyssey of celebration. Here in California it's become rather difficult to find a good pizza place, After 3 tries we finally found food at Round Table, Then we went to Baskin-Robbins for some ice cream. Now I'm back home and waiting for the Trader-Joes cheesecake to thaw.

So I've had a good day today, And something tells me it's not over :D

Round Table was good pizza, although in our new home town there is a local place that is even better. And my traditional birthday treat is homemade cheesecake, which is coming up in a few weeks, can't wait.

Glad to hear you had a good birthday!

Just wormholed you a state of the art FTL sand grain launcher from my company, Consiglio Devastations. Careful with it though, it has a one time use, and please don't tell my company, they won't like it...

Edited by Planetace
OP is a minor.

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

A couple of posts from this thread have been edited. As a minor, @daniel l., be careful about what kinds of personal information you put on the internet. 

Okay then. I didn't really think a basic selfie with a tablet would cause any harm. But okay.

EDIT: Honestly i can tell you that the picture would tell relatively little about my age anyway. If i had chosen to input my age on the forum as "18"or "19" instead, I don't think anyone would notice. I know and perfectly understand the reasons. And i don't usually share information, But i just got a new tablet and was a little hyped yesterday.

Edited by daniel l.

Congrats on your recent birthday Daniel l.!

The future is bright in Robotics; that is, until robots take all of the jobs in that job sector ... uh, wait ...

the future is bright in ... (Warning:  perpetual looping text ahead ...)

uh, happy birthday Daniel l.! :sealed:

10 hours ago, Dispatcher said:

Congrats on your recent birthday Daniel l.!

The future is bright in Robotics; that is, until robots take all of the jobs in that job sector ... uh, wait ...

the future is bright in ... (Warning:  perpetual looping text ahead ...)

uh, happy birthday Daniel l.! :sealed:

:wink: If the governments of the world can be reformed. Then the robot takeover could finally give us utopia.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.