The Stone Bridge Raceway Set

Castille7

The Stone Bridge Raceway Set

I would first like to mention The Stone Bridge structural design was very challenging. After completing the Bridge I couldn’t get myself to release just a Bridge without a purpose so I thought about making cars that could pass underneath it. This created another challenge, making the span at the center wide enough to allow a vehicle to pass. Because these items I used as blocks were made in sections for copy and paste it made this a very difficult task. It looks really nice at night and racing cars through the Pylons looks great at night also but this makes bad video, so night video was left out. Setting Pylons with the Pylon Setter Craft is a slow process but it’s worth it’s time for the fun. Also Car 7 is making some nice long jumps, as for the speed goes it's not what you would think for an Indy Car but it’s still a lot of fun. Three Cars were planned to be released for this project but I decided on releasing only one.

Stone Bridge

PtiZNTt.png

Stone Bridge Raceway
(Bridge with an Underpass)
mMFi5Ty.png

Car 7
IT29rhl.png

Pylon Setter
MzJOkSn.png

Spoiler

BQkLNli.png

UPVxRiY.png

s358p1B.jpg

uLQgIqd.png

MNn8vXK.png

Operations: Set all Pylons first then set the Bridge on the Runway. When setting the Pylons be sure the craft is completely stopped before releasing the Pylons, if they fall over this is not a problem, the Pylons can erect themselves using the ASDW keys. Car 7 is doing great with the throttle set at half, Engine at Dry with brakes used as needed to maintain speed.

Craft File: Stone Bridge
Parts: 1677
Mass: 181.106t
Height: 7.7m
Width: 6.4m
Length: 42.3m

Craft File: Stone Bridge Raceway
Parts: 1577
Mass: 163.107t
Height: 7.7m
Width: 6.4m
Length: 42.3m

Craft File: Pylon Setter
Parts: 622
Mass: 28.308t
Height: 4.3m
Width: 9.9m
Length: 26.1m

Craft File: Car 7
Parts: 41
Mass: 7.471t
Height: 2.1m
Width: 4.5m
Length: 7.6m

Action Groups
1 Toggle Engine
2 Toggle Engine Mode

16 minutes ago, TheKorbinger said:

What computer do you have if it can handle 2000+ moving parts almost flawlessly? I have a beefed up gaming computer that caps out at like 600 parts before it starts lagging (we'll say below 10 fps)

I can has specs please? (Out of curiosity) 

I sent you a PM on this

You think my computing power is something, I would like to know what this guy is using!! :confused:

18 hours ago, Castille7 said:

I sent you a PM on this

You think my computing power is something, I would like to know what this guy is using!! :confused:

My computer would absolutely not load that. Though for lols i built a 3 km long rod in the stock SPH (It was something like 800 parts.. i was lagging soooo bad)

Edited by TheKorbinger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.