Interstellar Extended Generators not working properly

RandomGuy1824

So I recently installed Interstellar Extanded and either I'm really stupid and missed something obvious or my generators are bugged. Basically I'm making an SSTO with antimatter ganerators (in sandbox) and when the charged particle generators areattached to the reactor they produce what ever it they produce but when I put a thermal generator next to the reactor I look at the right click menue and it shows that it isn't producing anything. Am I misreading something or is it bugged? I would really appreciate help.

Both of the antimatter generators produce most of their power as charged particles (80% for the pure antimatter and 90% for the antimatter/fusion reactor) so a thermal generator would produce a minuscule amount of power because only 1/5 or 1/10 of the power can be converted by the thermal generator.  However, if the generator seems to be not producing anything at all, I'm not quite sure what would be causing it.  Do any other reactors (normal fission and fusion, for example) have this same issue?

• 2 weeks later...

The KSPI reactors will all match their output to the power demand, so that no fuel is wasted, so yes, if you don't have anything requiring power hooked up to it, the reactor will produce minimum power, which IIRC is zero for the antimatter ones, as they do not need a minimum sustaining reaction.  To test whether the reactors are working, I would recommend that you try hooking up a high power device to them, activate the device, and see whether the reactor outputs power.  As long as that is the only reactor on your ship, you know that if the power using device works, then the reactor works, as long as the reactor is the only source of electricity.

• 1 month later...

I upgraded to 1.2.2.1622 win64 a few days ago after not using KSP much for a while.  I decided to install Interstellar Extended, and eer since I hae been hammering on one problem, trying to make a reactor do *anything*.

I build a simple ship, a pod, a small generator, a small fission reactor, a radiator, and a couple dozen MK1 lights to act as a test load.  I'e watched every tutorial, read dozens of web pages, and I hae several years of KSP experience...  It should be working, yet it does nothing.  I turn the lights on, battery reserves drain to zero, the lights turn off.  This is after launching a dozen orbital missions.  I have tried nearly every reactor and generator, and I finally stopped wasting time and have been building ground based tests to get something working.

By not working, I mean the right click panel on the reactor does nothing.  The generator shows it's battery reserve drains, but zero waste heat, zero reactor fuel consumption, no depeted fuel, just nothing from the reactor at all.

The only thing I can report that is odd, is I have to turn both the generator and reactor upside down most of the time for the attachment points to work in the VAB.  I think that is normal, as I hae seen other parts that have directional attachment points, so I shrug that off...

So I decided there must be a mod conflict, so I installed an unmodded copy of 1.2.2.1622, with only the Interstellar Extended mod.  All fresh last night.  

So for most people this just works, but I do see people stuck like me, and I never see any answer that fixes it.  Clearly I'm missing something simple, what is it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.