Access violation please help

I took a break from ksp for a while and just now getting back I tried to open the game but it crashes before startup so I don't know what is happenning. I have the logs but don't know what they mean. Please help. (updated with logs)

Edited by Georgeo

There are two ways of sharing your logs here:

- Upload your logs to your personal Google Drive or Dropbox account, get a shareable link to the logs and paste the link URL here.

- Copy and paste the contents of the log files to Pastebin.com, save it as a new paste, and provide the link URL to the paste here.

I don't recommend directly pasting the contents of the log file on to the forums, as log files are very long and it make scrolling tedious for every other user.

You mentioned you were getting an Access Violation error, and the common cause is running out of computer memory.

Could you please provide the following information? (as well as the game log files)

- Operating system version and whether it is 32/64-bit
- Your CPU brand, model and clock speed
- Your RAM brand, model and capacity
- Your graphics card brand, model and memory capacity
- The version of KSP you are running, and whether it is 32/64-bit

Starting at the beginning, have you completely wiped and reinstalled KSP? If you've been away for a while, you've certainly missed some updates, and it would be best to ensure there's nothing of old versions (or old mods) cluttering up your install.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, sumghai said:

Could you please provide the following information? (as well as the game log files)

- Operating system version and whether it is 32/64-bit
- Your CPU brand, model and clock speed
- Your RAM brand, model and capacity
- Your graphics card brand, model and memory capacity
- The version of KSP you are running, and whether it is 32/64-bit

the output log http://pastebin.com/aJFMNWT4

the error log http://pastebin.com/aXA4Rr7K

Im running a 64 bit extremely modded version of 1.0.4 and I actually prefer to stay in the version where the mods i use are in the version. Im running 64 bit windows 10 Home version 1607 os build 14393.693 with intel core 2 quad q8200 @ 2.33GHz, AMD Radeon R9 200, and 8 gigs of ddr2 ram separated into 4 sticks, two of which are G-skill and the other two are unmarked but relatively the same. Each stick is 2 gigs. I just got the radeon to replace my geforce 560i which caused windows to not load.

I have tried wiping it back to an unmodded state of being modified to be 64 bit. I got the same result.

Edited by Georgeo

7 hours ago, Georgeo said:

I have tried wiping it back to an unmodded state of being modified to be 64 bit. I got the same result.

So you're saying you modified the old 1.04 exe to run in 64 bit? The problem with that old trick was that the modified exe would in most cases freak out when it used around 4GB of RAM, which is the same amount the unmodified version was able to use. That and not being able to to debug the modified version made the point of modifying the exe completely pointless and frustrating for most of the users and mod developers.

9 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

So you're saying you modified the old 1.04 exe to run in 64 bit? The problem with that old trick was that the modified exe would in most cases freak out when it used around 4GB of RAM, which is the same amount the unmodified version was able to use. That and not being able to to debug the modified version made the point of modifying the exe completely pointless and frustrating for most of the users and mod developers.

I am not a programmer, so I just grabbed the appropriate Unity engine to run the old 1.04 exe, but It always ran fine, before I took a break, when using over 4 gigs. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.