help somone find the cause of this crash?

having a crash that looks suspiciously like an out of memory crash, only when im launching certain ships. (an Apollo replica ive been trying to make. part count isnt that high yet) other ships, even one with large part counts, do not seem to be affected. at time of crash, only 7 GB of the 16 installed (not counting swap, another 20) is in use. here is the ksp.log:

https://gist.github.com/toric55/8f17c424d1b367b4102c5f81b027dc56(warning: VERY large)

Edited by toric5
made post a few MB smaller

reinstalled, added mods back in, same problem. intresting thing, 1 file seems to be deleted and will be reaquired by steam if i run the game. (validate file, everything is ok, run the game, it crashes, validate files again, 1 file is fetched.)

the 2 things I read are

1: konstruction reports it doesn't have its dependents and I would make sure all of the mods are updated as version .9 is older for sure

and

2. is it appears you may not have write perms for the temp dir. hence config temps cannot be created 

however the mod mis-matches may also cause this effect as they are not being understood properly

Hope this helps, GL

Jammer

3 hours ago, Jammer-TD said:

the 2 things I read are

1: konstruction reports it doesn't have its dependents and I would make sure all of the mods are updated as version .9 is older for sure

and

2. is it appears you may not have write perms for the temp dir. hence config temps cannot be created 

however the mod mis-matches may also cause this effect as they are not being understood properly

Hope this helps, GL

Jammer

huh. ksp avc isnt complaining at all. ill reinstall the usi suite. ill see about opening up /temp/ as well.

ok so 1st this website is really slow to respond. I would rather stick a needle in my eye than wait for this site.

this is my 4th time trying to reply

I do see different results now complaining about

[WRN 14:19:17.679] Config in file '/home/thetoric/Documents/ksp stuff/KSP/GameData/ 00personal tweaks/stock_tweaks.cfg' contains an unnamed node. Skipping.
[ERR 14:19:18.025] Error: Empty part config file

[LOG 14:20:10.126] [ModuleManager] Deleting node in file: TakeCommand/ModuleManager/Akita subnode: @PART[Akita_Seat]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat]]/%MODULE[ModuleKrEjectPilot]:NEEDS[VanguardTechnologies] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

and I would just want to make sure all mods are up to date. as most errors point to mods.

some mods just come with that. been seeing those for a while. the akita seat message is actually just module manager doing exactly what it is supposed to. as for the website loading, its probably because of the two full sized log files it contains. sorry about that.

as for the stock tweaks thing, it shouldn't affect anything, as everything you have stated so far (except for the temp dir permissions) happens on load of the game, not upon loading a ship. also, i have no unnamed nodes in stock_tweaks.cfg... heres the code.

// Reduce the effective torque of all reaction wheels
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]
	{
		@PitchTorque *= 0.1
		@YawTorque *= 0.1
		@RollTorque *= 0.1
	}
}
//Allow deflating inflatable heat sheield
@PART[InflatableHeatShield]:AFTER[Squad]
 {
    @MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
     {
        @allowAnimationWhileShielded = true
        @disableAfterPlaying = false
     } 
}
//Empty monopropellant from new pods/cockpits
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]:FINAL
{
  @RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] 
        {
            @amount = 0
        }
}
// Default fairings to Clamshell
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		useClamshell = true
	}
} 
// Add angle snapping to Squad Docking ports (12 increments as on textures)
@PART[*]HAS[@Module[ModuleDockingNode]HAS[snapRotation = false]]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		// If you want X degrees margin, use cos(0.5*X) as captureMinRollDot
		// 0.5 degrees = 0.99999048
		// 1 degree    = 0.99996192
		// 2 degrees   = 0.9998477
		// 3 degrees   = 0.99965732
		captureMinRollDot = 0.99996192
		snapRotation = true
		snapOffset = 45
	}
}

Edited by toric5
never mind

well I agree some errors are minor but using parts that count on them would cause failure only on certain items. as appears to be happening and that is what i was looking at.

in my own log I see none of those error you have. the only ones i have are::: 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KOSNameTag'

Cannot find InternalProp 'DFElectricGaugeBar'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Cannot find InternalProp 'DFGlykerolGaugeBar'

and I review it Line by Line 78k of them..

we have similar mods but you have more.. and your's line up with what I have as for versions.. I could try to load said craft file on my side to see what it is utilizing and maybe it could expose what it is counting on, that we have different.

and too that if a mod we have is buggy only those who hit the bug will suffer..

I have craft files 1500+ in size and i have never crashed loading any craft i have..knocking on wood now..lol

sorry i couldn't be of more help. maybe one of the dev's can see more. 

Jammer

Hi just taken a look at your most recent log and there;s really nothing to see,  you have several mods that are not specifically updated for 1.2.2 though as we all know some work just fine as they are, Theres a rather nasty error being thrown by contract configurator something to do with SpaceTux??? I've seen that error before, but career mods I have no experience of so can't help there,

Smoke screen unless it has been updated was widely reported as causing problems in early 1,2,2 , however , cant say with any authority its a contributor here,

The real only thing that stands out as out of the ordinary is  the 32 individual MiniAVC dlll you have in your install,  you can happily remove 31 of them  reduce the load on your system, and MiniAVC will work just the same

From the looks of the ship you are trying to load, the prefab, the saved model appears to have some problems, either mod parts have been removed from the save or changed in an update, this seems to be ok for some craft but not others, and that in itself can make things very unstable, only in my experience, can't speak for the rest of KSP players. 

I think your main problem is that it's just lots an lots of little things, in and of themselves not very serious but so numerous are these  little niggles that they kill the game

Things that may help, search your GameData for MiniAVC's and remove all  but one,   also in your GameData folder delete any Module Manager cache files, then swap to the main KSP folder and find and delete your PartDatabase.cfg,  it's just a text document and is usually just below the miniAVC.log      These last two steps clear the table of any already applied, perhaps out of date module configurations and physical data about all the parts. This will not cause your game or install any harm, and  is something I do several times a day when mod testing.

Good luck

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi just taken a look at your most recent log and there;s really nothing to see,  you have several mods that are not specifically updated for 1.2.2 though as we all know some work just fine as they are, Theres a rather nasty error being thrown by contract configurator something to do with SpaceTux??? I've seen that error before, but career mods I have no experience of so can't help there,

Smoke screen unless it has been updated was widely reported as causing problems in early 1,2,2 , however , cant say with any authority its a contributor here,

The real only thing that stands out as out of the ordinary is  the 32 individual MiniAVC dlll you have in your install,  you can happily remove 31 of them  reduce the load on your system, and MiniAVC will work just the same

From the looks of the ship you are trying to load, the prefab, the saved model appears to have some problems, either mod parts have been removed from the save or changed in an update, this seems to be ok for some craft but not others, and that in itself can make things very unstable, only in my experience, can't speak for the rest of KSP players. 

I think your main problem is that it's just lots an lots of little things, in and of themselves not very serious but so numerous are these  little niggles that they kill the game

Things that may help, search your GameData for MiniAVC's and remove all  but one,   also in your GameData folder delete any Module Manager cache files, then swap to the main KSP folder and find and delete your PartDatabase.cfg,  it's just a text document and is usually just below the miniAVC.log      These last two steps clear the table of any already applied, perhaps out of date module configurations and physical data about all the parts. This will not cause your game or install any harm, and  is something I do several times a day when mod testing.

Good luck

ill delta all of them, as i have normal avc.

ill remove smokescreen, i think it was only for realplume, which i unistalled a while back.

@linuxgurugamer any idea what the spacetux exceptions are?

here is the .craft file that is causing crashes.

https://gist.github.com/toric55/59374835d9251923c5a5976ee9e2035a

(just copy paste into a blank .craft file)

Edited by toric5
added .craft file

15 minutes ago, toric5 said:

ill delta all of them, as i have normal avc.

ill remove smokescreen, i think it was only for realplume, which i unistalled a while back.

@linuxgurugamer any idea what the spacetux exceptions are?

here is the .craft file that is causing crashes.

https://gist.github.com/toric55/59374835d9251923c5a5976ee9e2035a

(just copy paste into a blank .craft file)

Just a missing file, I fixed it the other day for the Grand Tours.

What other contracts do you have installed?

52 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just a missing file, I fixed it the other day for the Grand Tours.

What other contracts do you have installed?

only yours. probably not the cause of the crash, seeing as its happening in sandbox. still, ill update them to the latest version.

On 2/24/2017 at 2:35 PM, toric5 said:

having a crash that looks suspiciously like an out of memory crash, only when im launching certain ships. (an Apollo replica ive been trying to make. part count isnt that high yet) other ships, even one with large part counts, do not seem to be affected. at time of crash, only 7 GB of the 16 installed (not counting swap, another 20) is in use. here is the ksp.log:

https://gist.github.com/toric55/8f17c424d1b367b4102c5f81b027dc56(warning: VERY large)

Try not running it from steam, that may help.

Best regards,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.