HELP! I need to make a base on DUNA!

Trexinator

You're saying the contract expires in six days and you still have to launch? Forget about it, you'll never make it to Duna in six days. (Without some kind of sci-fi hyperdrive mod that is of course.)

For the design? We don't even know what the base requirements are. Number of Kerbals, resources, specific parts, etc. Browse the forum, search the web. There are literally hundreds of design ideas out there. You just have to search for them.

7 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

You're saying the contract expires in six days and you still have to launch? Forget about it, you'll never make it to Duna in six days. (Without some kind of sci-fi hyperdrive mod that is of course.)

For the design? We don't even know what the base requirements are. Number of Kerbals, resources, specific parts, etc. Browse the forum, search the web. There are literally hundreds of design ideas out there. You just have to search for them.

Oh It's not  a contract at all. It's a school project I'm doing based off of KSP. I mean 6 real life days. I should've added that in.

Try using mk2 base design! It is aerodynamic, lightweight and also looks pretty. It is simple to construct such base! 

So lets start with the construction-

1) Look at COM always, it could fatal flaw in design.

2) Despite Duna has a thin atmosphere you can relign on your parachutes when designing a landing stage. So i mean-dont use a lot of SAS wheels

3) As for engines use "Thud" It is easy to get manuever, it does not consume a lot of fuel and it is relatively small.

4) There is a cargo bay coming with mk2 parts, You can use for science instruments, a small rover or even a deployable space plane

And now after all this mess with construction we can land! But how to do it perfectly?

1) Make sure where are you going to land! It could really steep hills or even dangerous mountains. Try to find a crater or a valley!

2)Duna's atmosphear is really thin! Dont think that you can get a lot of drag! It tilts from little to no. So be ready to break to low speeds with engines, for parachutes to deploy

3) Good thing about mk2 design is that you don't need to launch 3,4,5 rockets to build a functioning base! You can stop at 2 or 1 if you can!

4)good luck!

P.S sorry for bad english im in hurry

Edited by cratercracker

5 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Not a challenge, but more of a craft sharing/advice thread. And so, moved to the Exchange. 

Its not in the Exchange sir, its in the Suggestion and Development subforum :wink: Mistake maybe?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.