start basic visual mod

antipro

Hi,

I'd like to start to mod ksp and I want to start in the most simple way.
So after reading a small steam user-made guide, I decide to download CKAN and to start only with:

- Stock Visual Enhancements
- Stock Visual Terrain

Can you please just tell me if I'm doing the right way?

Look at these ss: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/40gx0h6lnvkkzlm/AADkbceZZJyQtWyU4tr0LWAUa?dl=0

In CKAN I check "Stock Visual Terrain 2.0.2", then I check "Stock Visual Enhancements-High Res 1.1.6",
at this point CKAN, talkin about the scatterer module ask me to choose between 5 mods, I didnt understand this part very well...
anyway I select the last "SVE: sunflare", then I apply.

is this correct? Can I proceed safely?

Edit: Can CKAN also unistall these mods?

Thanks

Edited by antipro

Yes, CKAN can uninstall these mods.

The reason why you had to make additional choices you didn't expect is because Stock Visual Enhancements is not one mod. It's actually a bundle of mods, together with custom art assets. By installing it, you already have like two thirds of all serious graphical mods available for KSP. :wink:

19 hours ago, antipro said:

In CKAN I check "Stock Visual Terrain 2.0.2", then I check "Stock Visual Enhancements-High Res 1.1.6",
at this point CKAN, talkin about the scatterer module ask me to choose between 5 mods, I didnt understand this part very well...
anyway I select the last "SVE: sunflare", then I apply.

The message you get when you select the SVE module is "Module Scatterer-sunflare is provided by more than one available module, please choose one of the following mods:"

That message is literally telling you that there are several sunflare mods available, and you need to select which one to install. So you select one. Granted, it's not obvious why CKAN would be telling you that, but the fact that it appeared after you told it to install SVE is a clue - if you dig through the relationships tab for SVE, you'll find that it depends on a sunflare mod.

So, it asked you to pick a sunflare mod and you picked a sunflare mod. Pretty sure that answers your question. :)

is this correct? Can I proceed safely?

"is this correct" is left as an exercise. But the general rule with CKAN is that you can always proceed safely. The standard client will try very hard to not interfere with installed mods, and it's virtually impossible to damage your KSP installation. There's no more risk to using CKAN than there is to installing mods by hand - but to be on the safe side you can make a backup of your saves folder.

Edit: Can CKAN also unistall these mods?

Yes, definitely. What happened when you tried?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.