Requesting Galilean Screenshots

JadeOfMaar

The next release of Galileo's Planet Pack is finally in sight. One or more of its new features will prominently feature screenshots so I humbly request the GPP fanbase to produce some and post them here. This is not a contest and there's no definite release date quite yet so there's no rush, no competition, no explicit challenge to warrant a post in the Challenges/Mission Ideas subforum. There are requirements, however, and it would be welcome if an established objective (high prestige contract or long-term personal mission) leads to the screenshot happening.

• At least 1920x1080.
  • In-game detail settings must be very high or full.
  • No visual mods required but are welcome.
  • All HUD elements must be hidden and no Historian overlays if you use that mod.
  • Each participant can reserve one planet or moon and produce two images. At least one of each image must have their chosen body close up behind their craft or kerbal (such as low orbit or flying low/high) or directly under them (such as landed/splashed).

In addition to the above requirements, each posted image must show a interesting situation: Whether the arrival of a crewed vessel very far out with or without life support parts clearly visible, a dropship full of probes arriving somewhere, a large glorious base being setup, or some form of milestone being completed, some form of EVA madness or even epic failures and accidents.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 27/02/2017 at 3:08 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Oh no. :( That would've been some icing on the cake.

I still have probes in places, but I suspect a lot of the drama shots have been lost... I'll snoop through, I did a complete folder backup <some days> ago, it may or may not have screenshots :) 

Meantime, these aren't full HD but they're hanging around in my imgur account...

Spoiler

wmda1JP.jpg

QRW7K0e.jpg

XVgrIr2.jpg

5EtJd5V.jpg

Edited by eddiew

This is just a suggestion for anyone who is interested in posting screenshots, to place emphasis and focus on the planetary bodies involved (it is a planet pack after all) using a dark, dull and bland skybox much like the stock one would be fancied.

Also, eddiew, that Pyramid silhouette is a very nice shot.

As luck would have it, my recycle bin still contained the last ~7 weeks worth of screenshots :)

I'll assemble the best into an album available at http://imgur.com/a/7GxdM but to select a few favourites...

Spoiler

Owlbird I performing biome scans of Iota

127CMy0.png

Owlbird VI arrives at Augustus

uodLdMx.png

Spoiler

And then moves on to Jannah

kyXaG2M.png

Jumpymouse I descends onto Niven

LPXTA2c.png

And discovers an oddity...

y22owi2.png

Spiceweasel I endures a spicestorm shortly after landing on Gratian

9rL6XZW.png

Before going on an expedition

oowHDcw.png

Spoiler

Performing a spacewalk at Manatee station around Ceti

zrwBTYF.png

Swiftbird finally manages to capture into Icarus orbit.

MaGku8D.png

I find that there's a middle altitude for each body whereby we seem to lose good quality textures, hence everything is either on the ground, or in high orbit... Typical parking orbits don't seem to be a great way to show off these planets, but I'm not sure why :/ 

Edited by eddiew

1 hour ago, astroheiko said:

Two pictures are much too little. I can not decide.

I'm looking for pictures of all 27 planets and moons. That's why I only want 2 pictures per person,  :D and to be fair to other folks who want to submit screenshots for the upcoming feature.

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm looking for pictures of all 27 planets and moons. That's why I only want 2 pictures per person,  :D and to be fair to other folks who want to submit screenshots for the upcoming feature.

It's all right, I just wanted to beg a bit. The decision to allow only 2 images is completely correct. Otherwise you lose the overview because of the picture flood.
If you still need pictures from Tellumo, I still have the Save with my Spaceplane on the surface. There is a nice spot in the north with ice fields - if you are flying and looking south, the ring around Tellumo is breathtaking.

greetings

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I didn't read that bit :P  I'll avoid posting further. I haven't been to any other bodies anyway - unless you count Rald ^^;

What me to edit my post above down to 2?

Edited by eddiew

@astroheiko You can post your Tellumo pictures but I'm definitely taking your Jannah orbit pic as one.

@eddiew It's hard for me to consider which of yours to go with since you posted many and at least half are suitable. I can't include any images of Rald, though, as Rald is not part of GPP. You don't have to remove pics. Perhaps put them all in one spoiler.

4 hours ago, eddiew said:

Haven't seen any other Gauss pics yet, so I'll offer this family photo in case nobody else comes up with any :)

gd6f4Y8.png

...I don't know if it needed double dishes, but it seemed safer :P 

Are all Gauss' moons posing in a corner? :o The're pretty crisp. And your satellite's making a face at me.

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Are all Gauss' moons posing in a corner? :o The're pretty crisp. And your satellite's making a face at me.

Just got lucky with the lineup, I only did one atmospheric pass and there they all were. And you're not the first person to say my probes have faces... it's rarely intentional O_o

Spoiler

Although sometimes it's just funnier.

ZgclZuP.jpg

If anyone has any screenshots of the following bodies that adhere to the guidelines below, please post them... you will have my utmost thanks.

1. At least 1920x1080.
  2. In-game detail settings must be very high or full.
  3. No visual mods required but are welcome.
  4. All HUD elements must be hidden and no Historian overlays if you use that mod.
  5. Use a fairly black, bland skybox.
  • Ciro
  • Gauss
  • Loki
  • Narisse
  • Minona
  • Leto

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.