Just passed a small milestone...

NorthernDevo

Hallo folks!
As some here might know I've been writing a novel; have been for several years now. It's almost done; just a few chapters left.
But I just noticed that I passed a small milestone; I honestly had no idea until I looked just now.
Here; take a look:

https://gyazo.com/b2b721b39eee9230ed94f2954f1320d2

100,000 words!

Woot!

Edited by NorthernDevo

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎27 at 3:09 PM, Tex_NL said:

Do you know your link directs to THIS very topic?

I do now - apparently it doesn't like cut-and-paste very much; it worked fine when I used the 'add link' button though. :) 

EDIT - to clarify, the link did not link to this topic; there was an error in the coding that did not allow the full URL to be used. The browser returned to the thread by default. I've fixed that - the link now shows the screenshot I took.

Not that it was in any way interesting; just a screenie of the word count in Word - showing that I'd passed 100,000 words in the text of my novel. A significant achievement, to my mind; since I'd intended the work to be 70,000 words and was worried I'd never reach it.

I am pleased to have surpassed my own expectations, though I must admit to trepidation knowing how much work I have to edit the novel down to a saleable length.

Edited by NorthernDevo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.