I did my first manned Duna landing and return

Souper

WG2fyUb.png

I have never in my entire time playing KSP returned from Duna. Not once. I thought it was too hard. But that's OVER! Not only did i land on Duna and return in career mode, i also did it without using an orbiting return module or anything like that.

Post your early first-time-ever-done pics. I want those stories.

I don't have the pictures with me right now, but there are several milestones that each KSP player reaches (Well, not all of them) that open new gateways.

First orbit: I'm getting the hang of this game! (Me: Toddler Steps III or something like that, back in 0.19.)

First Mun/Minmus landing: I can actually enjoy this game! (Me: I forget the name, but it was a super overbuilt manned Minmus landing, with two Mun probes as my only previous experience at landing on airless bodies.)

First docking: Opens up new possibilities, like giant spaceships and stations and other cool things! (Me: Docker A and Docker B. Took forever. At first I though "Oh, cool!" But my real "I can dock!" moment was the first additional module of Space Station Epic. I swear, it took me two hours to dock it! I felt so awesome afterward! And now, I'm up to Space Station Epic V, which is about a hundred meters across!)

First precision landing: Woohoo! I can build bases now! (Me: I don't remember, probably Minmus Base Python?)

First manned Duna landing and return: Woah, I can do anything in this game now! (Yeah, this is true! After Duna, you can basically go anywhere!) (Me: I forget the name, but it was a two part ascent module and lander. I felt so cool climbing Jeb dramatically down the ladder!)

First ascent from Eve: Woah. I have truly mastered this game! (WOOOHOOO! If you need more info, I think it's in part 29(?) of Project Intrepid. It was a huge, five man ship that was brought to Eve by a 100 meter long mothership.)

Do a minor impossible thing: Oh, cool! I got a dozen likes on one post! (I've done three. One being a working ion plane in 1.1, two, I built a steampunk Mun base using only solid rocket boosters (Yes, you heard me!) and three, sending 916 Kerbals to Minmus in one launch!)

Do a major impossible thing: Why did my like counter suddenly jump 200 points? (I have never done one of these. But to list a few: the first stock helicopter. The Rubik's cube. That first guy to do a Jool ascent. The EVA grand tour. The guy who went to Eve and back twice with no refueling and the same ship. If you achieve one of these, you basically have become one of the few overlords of KSP. Cherish it! Now, whatever can I do to get into this group...)

Congratulations. And with three kerbals and a luxurious crew cabin!

It must feel great to land on your first planet. It doesn't beat the first mun landing.. but it still feels amazing, huh :D

With this achievement unlocked.. what's your next plan?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.