Mod request for C47 landing gears and parts

Just wondering if any talented modder could possibly create some custom C47 Skytrain parts? Specifically landing gears and maybe even a cockpit? I've recently started building a lot of WWII styled aircraft, like P40s and P51s, Bf109s, Yak1s, ect but I'm running into issues with stock parts not looking right, or there simply being no mods that even come close. My other issue is that I have no idea how to mod, at all, so I wouldn't even know where to start lol

So yeah, just wondering if someone would be interested in making something like that? Or heck, if theres already a mod out there that you think would work great for that stuff, let me know cause I'd love to check it out. 

Current mods I am using for this stuff is KAX and Airplane Plus for cockpits and engines, but any others would be great. :)

HI the trouble with things like themed WW2 landing gear is that the number of mod makers who can make gear is very small, and like many mod makers  I'm not really interested in making things as involving as gear with such a limited range of uses    it's quite a lot of work for a potentially tiny range of applications, , not to mention the small pool of players who'd use such things.  It may be one of the areas in which you'll just have to compromise .or of course learn how to make the parts you want yourself.

If you haven' already you should check out KerbalFoundries new ALG  , the laterally retracting gear would  be a reasonable and perhaps the best option for WW2 aircraft  available right now

30 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI the trouble with things like themed WW2 landing gear is that the number of mod makers who can make gear is very small, and like many mod makers  I'm not really interested in making things as involving as gear with such a limited range of uses    it's quite a lot of work for a potentially tiny range of applications, , not to mention the small pool of players who'd use such things.  It may be one of the areas in which you'll just have to compromise .or of course learn how to make the parts you want yourself.

If you haven' already you should check out KerbalFoundries new ALG  , the laterally retracting gear would  be a reasonable and perhaps the best option for WW2 aircraft  available right now

I figured something like that might have been the case, but thanks for the answer either way. o7

And ALG is Adjustable landing gear correct? Its been updated for KSP 1.2.2 now? Cause the last I saw it was still only for KSP 1.0.5. =O

4 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I figured something like that might have been the case, but thanks for the answer either way. o7

And ALG is Adjustable landing gear correct? Its been updated for KSP 1.2.2 now? Cause the last I saw it was still only for KSP 1.0.5. =O

ALG Adjustable landing gear    was completely reworked from the ground up by @Shadowmage for KerbalFoundries 1.2.2 and bears little resemblance to the original BD version in anything apart from the name and the fact it has a wheel at the bottom

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

ALG Adjustable landing gear    was completely reworked from the ground up by @Shadowmage for KerbalFoundries 1.2.2 and bears little resemblance to the original BD version in anything apart from the name and the fact it has a wheel at the bottom

Ah ok. I'll take a look then and see if I can't make them work for my project.

What about just landing gear with much bigger wheels? Any idea on where I might find something like that? Doesn't even have to be WWII style either...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.