Not allowed to give reputation...

rkarmark

The only reason I've seen that I've not been able to give rep is I've given the maximum amount in a 24 hour period. I think it's 25. I suspect the mobile app is not as verbose as the main website and you hit that limit.

If you didn't, then I got nothing.

Tonight, in reading through the forum, I tried to "like" a post -- and got a message that "you cannot give rep to this user."  A little later, in the "What did you do in KSP Today" thread, I ran into the same message again.  I know I haven't already given out all the likes I can give for a day (those were the first two for today), and I'm pretty sure neither of the posters had hit a daily limit for receiving rep.  I've liked posts before without seeing this message.  So, have I uncovered a new forum bug, or am I missing something in the way the forum operates?

BTW, Mods, please feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong place -- I didn't see a location that looked like the right place to ask about forum bugs...

7 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Overlapping threads have been merged. Perhaps we've developed a bug of some sort? @sal_vager

No, this is a 'feature' of IPS software, and comes free with every forum that uses IPS software.

No usergroups are disallowed from receiving reputation on these forums, so all I can suggest is you wait and try again as long as you have not reached the rep limit of 25 per day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.