The Day-Of-The-Announcement Discussion Thread

Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think they will reveal?

• New Feature (enhanced IVA, new mechanic)
    • New parts
    • Localisation (Please God No)
    • Some combination of the above
    • None of the above

This is a continuation of the 'What are the devs working on?' thread; I just made a new one for this official announcement.

Now, down to business;

What feature/update (other than the localisation update) are the devs going to announce? what's the Huge, Top-Secret Project that they won't tell the moderators about and that they've been mentioning vaguely for months?

My Money (And my hopes) are on an Enhanced IVA experience (Being able to walk around/ float around INSIDE your ship).

Post Your Theories Below!

Edited by whitejj01

The exhaust dust when near the ground will now cause destructible buildings to trigger, releasing soccer balls with an announcement printed on them saying that KSP plushies will come pre-packaged with the Nintendo Switch release, coming out Soon.

No, I have no idea. I'm willing to sit and wait without actually speculating.

Multiplayer combat-themed mod available only on Steam workshop for consoles.

Edit:

With plushies available to everyone who pays for the pre-order DLC version.

Edited by razark

Since I'm a console player, I hope the announcement is for a console update. However, since they didn't say anything about consoles and they kept it a secret, I have a feeling its for you PC guys. We are a very small margin compared to you guys.

I wish my computer wasn't shot.

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

The exhaust dust when near the ground will now cause destructible buildings to trigger, releasing soccer balls with an announcement printed on them saying that KSP plushies will come pre-packaged with the Nintendo Switch release, coming out Soon™. 

That would be awsome:D

Jokes aside, I'm pretty impressed with the lack of leaks. We literally don't know anything whatsoever, it seems...

My "top wishlist" feature would still be a rework of the existing planets. Increasing the visible differences between biomes, having memorable landmarks, perhaps either procedurally generated or handcrafted exploration content to have more to do on a body than flags and footprints. New textures, reworked PQS for greater dynamic terrain detail. More surface objects than just the illusions created by the single-object, low-detail terrain scatter feature. KSP has this thing where, once in space, it sometimes makes you stop and go "man, this view is beautiful". I wish we could have planets and moons that transported the same feeling.

KSP 1.3 will be the last as the cow is nearly dry.

All hail 2.0

But seriously, I would hope for something along the lines of Kerbal Konstructs in game and clouds :)

Or maybe just a delta vee information remaining onstage and in total?

Since it appears to be a big announcement and they've been vagueing about it for a while, I would imagine that it's the official announcement of KSP version 1.3, along with enough details to keep people satisfied for a while whilst development gets completed.

3 hours ago, Theysen said:

Part and kerbal Skins which can be unboxed through microtransactions /s

Heh. That would be pretty funny if it happened but I don't think it ever will. SQUAD always seemed to respect and listen to the community. They are not Gaijin.

I guess that they will be anouncing the resurrection of KSPTV. There haven't been any new streams since the 17.th January and one Devnote KSP-Weekly stated that KSPTV will be reorganized.

A wild quess would be that the animated kerbals might also have to do with this...maybe the Streamer/Squad Staff will appear as animated Kerbal version of themselves in the Streams much like TheReadPanda appears as a Red Panda in his streams. 

Edited by Nils277

they keep talking about herbal 'Repotology'

Noun

retopology:

(computer graphics) Modification of the topology of an object.

so... they're making changes to the kerbal mesh? okay...              What do you guys think that means?

11 minutes ago, whitejj01 said:

so... they're making changes to the kerbal mesh? okay...              What do you guys think that means?

I think it means that kraken-baiting youtubers will have to figure out different ways of spaghettifying kerbals.

no fair!

also, according to my complex calculations (KSP Weekly thread timestamps) I've Been able to narrow the announcement time down to in between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM Tonight!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

-sort of

Edit Number 3: thread name changed to day-of-the-announcement discussion thread

Edited by whitejj01

the announcement is that on Apr 1 a big change will be coming.

the change will be to the pay structure. all launches will be under a micropayment structure, all parts will be a macropayment structure, and facilities will be a simple payment structure... and cats... lots and lots of nyan-cats and maybe a pony.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.