Kerbal biom

Apart from what @Vive_moi said, there's also the highlands and the mountains just a couple dozen kilometers west of KSC. Two more biomes, reachable in a minute or two with pretty much any plane that can lift off at all.

Minus those two, there'll be only four other biomes left on Kerbin you haven't visited: tundra, poles, desert, badlands. All of which are super far away - at minimum a quarter around the planet. Considering you'll already have farmed 38 others? This is so not worth your time. Literally anything else you can do gives you more science for less effort. Sometimes ten times as much science for one tenth the effort.

I recommend a low altitude Mun flyby :) Can easily be done with unlocking only the first two tech nodes, and I suspect you have unlocked many more than that.

Edited by Streetwind

Streetwind, there are no "poles" -- it's Ice Caps :) . And there are now also the Northern Ice Shelf, and Southern Ice Shelf (they are new in 1.2).

But there are only 14 available at KSC at the beginning of the game. And all the natural biomes are currently available both splashed and landed. So that makes 14 KSC biomes vs 22 natural biomes. And splashed experiments are worth more than the others. So that is one reason to go out and get them -- you get twice as many science points to buy tech with. Another is that Kerbin is a Celestial Body, and the game is about exploring celestial bodies to find out what's there.

To the OP's question:

any airplane can get you to all the natural biomes. You have to go into the water for half of them, so it's good if the plane can land and take off from water. Canard wing planes are all pretty good at this. You also need to land in bumpy places, so having big wings and strong wheels is very useful. The stock planes are not very good, but they can do the job. Do you really just want a picture or a craft file of a plane that can fly better than the stock planes? Or do you have the stock ones turned off and not want to use them?

Once you have the variometer, being able to fly very high is also useful. So getting a panther engine (perhaps on a contract) is handy.

47 minutes ago, bewing said:

there are now also the Northern Ice Shelf, and Southern Ice Shelf (they are new in 1.2).

Ah? I did not know that, since I usually don't bother scraping every last science point off of Kerbin when other destinations are so much more rewarding. I never bothered to look. Guess I will go look now! :)

Edited by Streetwind

40 minutes ago, Avarax said:

One more qvestion. I use mode x sience. How can finde biom xxx on kerbean or how can navigation on this  position

You might try the "Rare Science" part of this mod: 

It gives you navigation markers to the biomes.

And how? Can you give me some tutorial where can find biom and select him ??

I have problem: I take mission go on this biom and do this experiment ok but where is this biom if i click on M i cant see eny point

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Avarax

Mostly, you just fly around with KerbNet turned on, and watch the biomes as they go by undreneath you. If you want to select one, you pause the game, move the KerbNet cursor to the biome you want, name the location, and create a waypoint. Using KerbNet is discussed in KSPedia, and I know there is at least one youtube video that shows it a little.

7 hours ago, bewing said:

Another is that Kerbin is a Celestial Body, and the game is about exploring celestial bodies to find out what's there.

Maybe for you, for me its more about orbital mechanics. The question is: what the game is about for the OP? I mean, he want to complete the collection or just get some science?

6 hours ago, Avarax said:

And how? Can you give me some tutorial where can find biom and select him ??

{x]Science, Kerbal Engineer and MechJeb among other mods will tell you in each biome you are in. With those (and the KerbNet) you can go around and look for unexplored biomes).

allow for creating custom waypoints, and someone shared a file wayponts for kerbin biomes.

and

allow for the creation of biome maps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.