[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Umm, not sure, but this isn't a problem with the mod.

You haven't said which version of KSP you ate running.   Also would help to know the CKAN version. 

Beyond that, maybe try refreshing, and if that doesn't help, go to the CKAN thread for help

CKAN: 1.31.0

KSP: 1.12.4

Issue with CKAN version? No idea how to update

EDIT: Upon going through my gamedata folder, there's a folder named FMRS, and within it, there's a folder called FMRS Continued with three .txt files named "save" "recover" and "record"

So confused

Edited by edwardbetter

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Delete the entire FMRS folder and then have CKAN reinstall it.

Sounds Iike you might have done it by hand and then tried CKAN

No, I never installed anything manually. Irrelevant anyway - I’m going to try a clean reinstall as other mods are missing too.

• 2 weeks later...

I originally set my Include Dock Events to off, but need it to be on now. I tried to locate it in the save .sfs but changing the setting did not seem to carry over. Changing the Save Delay and Auto-Recover *did* carry over. Is there a different global setting somewhere else I can change?

Thanks for reading. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, borntofly1983 said:

I'm running KSP 1.12.5 on my Mac via Steam and I dont seem to be able to get FMRS to work, any assistance would be great.

Welcome to the forums.  I'm sure the community will solve your issue, one way or another.

That said, there's not much to go on here, I'm afraid.  It might be anything from a bad install, mod incompatibility to PBKAC :P:cool:.  Could you describe the problem in more detail, such what you are trying to do  and what's actually happening.  Screenshots and logs (definitely logs) would probably help any diagnosis.

Read the topic linked in my sig block for guidance on how to report problems.

FYI, LinuxGuruGamer (the mod author/maintainer) generally supports the concept of "No logs, no support" - help yourself help others help you, so to speak:D.

8 hours ago, borntofly1983 said:

I'm running KSP 1.12.5 on my Mac via Steam and I dont seem to be able to get FMRS to work, any assistance would be great. 

Thanks

Definitely need more information.  You aren't saying how it isn't working.  Is it not showing up at all?  If that, then you probably don't have one or more dependencies installed.

Beyond that, as @Brigadiersaid above, no logs, no support, since they will have information about what isn't working

• 2 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer
The bug where contracts and administrative strategies can be repro'd like this:
1. Start a new career save. Accept the default contracts

2. Build a basic ship with a cockpit and SRB

3. Launch the ship. Just get into the air.

4. Use FMRS's Revert Launch button > Yes

5. Launch the ship again

6. Revert the ship again like 4

7. Observe the contracts are now missing.

I've collected 3 save files, one from the launch pad for step 3, 5, and 7. They are labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd launch respectively.

Quick check of the saves it looks like FMRS correctly saves the contracts on the first 'before_launch' but on the 2nd it doesn't correctly grab the contracts and save them out. I suspect the contracts are still in memory or the order is load -> save (with missing contracts). When the 3rd load happens, it loads the contract-less save file. KSP then generates a new list of contracts for the player. This also explains why the bug has been around so long (2018 from what I see). If the player uses any way of changing scenes or loading outside of FMRS then the next launch will put the contracts back into 'before_launch'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/651yb17fir0o501/FMRS_Revert_Bug.zip?dl=0

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 3:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Definitely need more information.  You aren't saying how it isn't working.  Is it not showing up at all?  If that, then you probably don't have one or more dependencies installed.

Beyond that, as @Brigadiersaid above, no logs, no support, since they will have information about what isn't working

Not the original person asking, but I am running KSP 1.12.5.3190 (Windows via Steam) and CKAN 1.3.2.0. FMRS shows as not compatible in CKAN, with the latest supported version being 1.12.3 released on 2022-08-23.

Looking at the KSP change logs from 1.12.3 to 1.12.5, I suspect that this will work fine and it's just a mismatch on the supported version information. Looking at the FMRS code, I think FMRS is flagged to support 1.12.*, and this might actually be a CKAN issue? I'll dig more if I have time and put in a PR if I can verify that FMRS is supported in 1.12.5 and can work out why it's showing as unsupported.

3 minutes ago, vinniep said:

Not the original person asking, but I am running KSP 1.12.5.3190 (Windows via Steam) and CKAN 1.3.2.0. FMRS shows as not compatible in CKAN, with the latest supported version being 1.12.3 released on 2022-08-23.

Looking at the KSP change logs from 1.12.3 to 1.12.5, I suspect that this will work fine and it's just a mismatch on the supported version information. Looking at the FMRS code, I think FMRS is flagged to support 1.12.*, and this might actually be a CKAN issue? I'll dig more if I have time and put in a PR if I can verify that FMRS is supported in 1.12.5 and can work out why it's showing as unsupported.

FMRS is compatible with 1.12.5

In CKAN:

Settings->Compatible Game Versions

Make sure that 1.12 is checked

Has anyone came across the issue of parts that are autostrutted are jumbled after jumping back to main mission. When I jump back all the ships parts are oriented like it was shifted in random ways. The only way I’ve fixed this by having no auto strut on the end stage vessel. Rigid attachments don’t pose an issue. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 4:52 PM, SpawnStorm said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer
The bug where contracts and administrative strategies can be repro'd like this:
1. Start a new career save. Accept the default contracts

2. Build a basic ship with a cockpit and SRB

3. Launch the ship. Just get into the air.

4. Use FMRS's Revert Launch button > Yes

5. Launch the ship again

6. Revert the ship again like 4

7. Observe the contracts are now missing.

I've collected 3 save files, one from the launch pad for step 3, 5, and 7. They are labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd launch respectively.

Quick check of the saves it looks like FMRS correctly saves the contracts on the first 'before_launch' but on the 2nd it doesn't correctly grab the contracts and save them out. I suspect the contracts are still in memory or the order is load -> save (with missing contracts). When the 3rd load happens, it loads the contract-less save file. KSP then generates a new list of contracts for the player. This also explains why the bug has been around so long (2018 from what I see). If the player uses any way of changing scenes or loading outside of FMRS then the next launch will put the contracts back into 'before_launch'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/651yb17fir0o501/FMRS_Revert_Bug.zip?dl=0

Second this- I’ve also had this issue as well, and have not been able to use this in my main save because it restarts all my contracts :(

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dumbdestroyer2 said:

The mod has an error when switching to the main mission craft if it has docked to a station, it reverts the flight instead of going back to the craft

It has to do with the way the game works.  When you dock, the craft disappears since it's been merged with the station, and to go back to the craft would break the laws of the universe :D  since it needs to keep track of all vessels.

Not worth it at this time to fix, just don't dock until you are done with the craft switching 

• 1 month later...

Hello

I got the latest release of FMRS in KSP RSS 1.12.3

What can explain the freeze of the staged tanks detected by FMRS ?. It's in yellow and when I select it, it stays frozen in the air with infinity time to Apoapsis.

pJTlf94.png

Thank's for reply

Edited by gilflo

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got back to KSP, updated everything via CKAN - and now FMRS doesn't recover nerby stages. Eg.: I drop four boosters at the same time, get to orbit, go back to separation and observe one of them (remaining three are marked as being near),  all of them land, and then I jump back to main craft, only one booster is recovered, the one I was focused on. I can repeat the procedure for each booster and eventually get all of them recovered, but previously in such situation everyting that was near was recovered at once.

Edited by Krzysztof z Bagien

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I am writing this to hopefully get some answers to what may be happening to me as I play with FMRS. I cuurently have FMRS on a RP1 Express install with RO and RSS obviously. I also have booster guidance boosted mod for the booster landing. My problem is here, and hopefully you can help me to where I dont have it any more. Anyways, say I am in a falcon 9 and I want to save fuel for a boost back and landing, so I throttle down, and then do a MECO, then I stage (If I kept the engine burning and stage, the engine will keep burning and thrusting even though I stage) FMRS doesnt register the separation, and I dont know why. Now when I stage with the engines full tilt, it will recognize it but my rocket gets messed up. i dont know what to do. please help!

Also I am using booster guidance boosted mod to help me land boosters. is there a better way to do this, because i find it kind of buggy. I know mech jeb can do it but i dont know how. thanks much appreciated!

It appears that this thread is dead, this mod is dead, and any assistance about it is also dead but, I have to try. If i cant get answers directly from here, then where? Anyways.
Can anyone tell me why when I use FMRS to land a booster the RCS doesnt work? no matter what I do the RCS doesnt work.

4 hours ago, jeffreymelton24 said:

It appears that this thread is dead, this mod is dead, and any assistance about it is also dead but, I have to try. If i cant get answers directly from here, then where? Anyways.
Can anyone tell me why when I use FMRS to land a booster the RCS doesnt work? no matter what I do the RCS doesnt work.

Thread and mod are definitely alive, but given that it's the holidays and the mod owner is pretty busy with hundreds of other mods, it's unlikely you'll get prompt response (LGG also has "no logs, no support" policy, but others in here might help, but it could take many weeks if ever).

As to the particular issue, you should probably ask in Booster Guidance forum. Though it may be better to go to the RO discord, as you might get more of an appropriate audience who may be using FMRS and Booster Guidance with RO, and get a response sooner - but there's a lot of mods involved, so it could be many things.

• 3 weeks later...

Annoying issue, I'm not sure if it's because the Kerbal died before the switch, or if it's because of the mod, but, my Kerbal (bob) was launched in a probe and, after the mission was complete, his skill was reset. Hopefully this is fixable, this is a big problem, but only in career mode. But, possibly, I might of had the wrong settings. Thanks.

Edited by AnotherAnotherAnother

I love this mod! Thank you for maintaining it.

I have a question about proper procedure to engage FMRS successfully in the following scenario: I reuse boosters, they fly back and are restacked via crane. When the rocket is relaunched, docking ports are used to decouple the stages. Usually FMRS fails to stay online upon stage separation, but I have had it work properly. Is there a ruleset that governs how FMRS decides to shut down? I have a feeling it's something about the Vessel Type heirarchy + which port is the Main port. Yesterday I was able to keep FMRS online after Separation, but when it focused on the Booster; when I switched to the Upperstage FMRS went offline.

Am I making any sense? Do you or anyone else have any advice? Is a log file going to provide any details here? I can provide but it, but it's not a bug I'm somehow confusing FMRS.

Edited by ElonsMusk