[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

stock or from a mod?

Ok, I see the reliant it the LV-T30, which is stock

will look at it this evening, but I think that will be the way it works.

Both stock, thanks mate, it's not really an issue but just thought may be worth mentioning.

Thanks for your work!

RELEASE:  1.2.1, available at Spacedock and in CKAN:

•         Initial LinuxGuruGamer release for 1.2.2
  •         Added additional parachutes in addition to the RealChutes

ModuleParachute
            ModuleKrKerbalParachute
            RealChuteFAR

•         fixed flickering of windows
  •         Removed do-nothing toggle on the debug screen
  •         Fixed crash due to transfer to flight too quickly
  •         Added Settings page
  •         Added configurable timer save delay after staging
  •         fixed blizzy icons
  •         Added code to hide when F2 is pressed
  •         Tied debug window to main window, so it won't be there when nothing is there
  •         Found bug which was a segfault when entering launch scene, problem with ordering of Start() vs Awake()
  •         Added option to make FMRS always be active at a launch optional
  •         Got internal version & beta number updating properly
  •         Found bug which occured when staging, causing following error:

ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

•         New icons courtesy of @EmbersArc
  •         Fixed F2 bug
  •         Fixed issue with returning to main mission after recovering dropped stage
  •         Replaced lost line which was causing the greyed out buttons (I shouldn't do dev when tired and having a migraine)
  •         Added code to reload settings properly after they are changed
  •         Added new settings:

_SETTING_Parachutes
            _SETTING_Defer_Parachutes_to_StageRecovery
                If _SETTING_Parachutes is false, then parachutes won't be included as a controllable stage
                if _SETTING_Defer_Parachutes_to_StageRecovery is true AND SR is installed, even if _SETTING_Parachutes is true, then parachutes won't be included as a controllable stage.

•         Added code to check for StageRecovery being installed
  •         Removed 1/10 second delay before auto-shutting off engines

So i have been having some major issues with FMRS resetting and loosing save states. It seems as though when your monitoring a discarded stage once the stage touches down the game will either display the end of mission dialogue assuming a critical failure when recovering the landed stage or the act of recovering the stage will simply load a state where the main mission no longer exists. This resets FMRS and prevents the user from reverting to seperation or back to the main mission. I am not sure whats causing this but i suspect its the main capsule completing its parabolic arc and impacting the ground while your controlling the separated stage. I was under the impression that FMRS was supposed to maintain a separation between the saved states and that after recovery of a section the game would revert back to the main mission at the moment of separation to continue with the launch.

I did see that you listed in the patch notes that you fixed an issue with the reverting to the main flight which might be related to what i am experiencing however I just installed the most recent release build and this issue seems to still be present unless these notes were for the Beta build?

Here is a demonstration flight with the current release build of FMRS installed

This is the log from when the video was being made

KSPLOG_3-8-17-20:56.log

Edited by Mikeloeven

10 hours ago, Mikeloeven said:

This is the log from when the video was being made

KSPLOG_3-8-17-20:56.log

Edited 9 hours ago by Mikeloeven

I need the full log, this one is cut off.

I'm guessing there is a nullref somewhere, but without the full log, I can't do anything

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I re-uploaded the log and checked the contents sometimes gists will be truncated but there should be an option to view the full contents. If its still incomplete send me a PM. 

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mikeloeven/33fd80ac4e8c6e715f8885d3e687fa8a/raw/3cc93bb450d9c154e428adae3083e8efb27f66e4/KSP.log

Edited by Mikeloeven

I've just found a bug with FMRS, if you launch a vehicle, stage separation, jump to the separated stage and then select revert to launch the contracts you accepted all gets erased and the strategies are also canceled. logs here. Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

I've just found a bug with FMRS, if you launch a vehicle, stage separation, jump to the separated stage and then select revert to launch the contracts you accepted all gets erased and the strategies are also canceled. logs here. Hope this helps!

You mean contracts accepted before launch of the vehicle?

Might be noted that I am using contract configurator possible interference ?

Though right now i am more concerned about the mission ending prematurely and the deletion of the command modules that goes along with this. .

Edited by Mikeloeven

New release, 1.2.2

•         Fixed issue where contracts and strategies got canceled if Revert to Launch was done from inside FMRS

New release 1.2.2.1

•         Fixed .version file to use correct record on ksp-avc site

Sorry for the double release, I didn't realize the ksp-avc site wasn't correct

On 10/03/2017 at 0:49 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.2

•         Fixed issue where contracts and strategies got canceled if Revert to Launch was done from inside FMRS

New release 1.2.2.1

•         Fixed .version file to use correct record on ksp-avc site

Sorry for the double release, I didn't realize the ksp-avc site wasn't correct

It seems that the problem still persists. Can you also replicate it using the same procedure as my previous post?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It worked when I tested, but I'll check again

Thanks so much! It definitely happened but I'm not quite certain about the reproduction step, I'll make a video recording and provide logs if you can't replicate it using the previous steps.

Again, your work is much appreciated! Mods you've revived are the majority in my gamedata!

19 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

Thanks so much! It definitely happened but I'm not quite certain about the reproduction step, I'll make a video recording and provide logs if you can't replicate it using the previous steps.

Again, your work is much appreciated! Mods you've revived are the majority in my gamedata!

Please see what you can do about a reproducible set of steps, would be very helpful.

I'm busy right now with a couple of other mods, hope to get back to this in a day or so

Thanks