Win Prizes and Explore New Languages: Localization Pre-release out on March 16th!

UomoCapra

25 minutes ago, DoToH said:

any answer for people who didn't buy the game from steam? maybe a config fiile parameter?

Also curious about this.  I'm hoping that it will be language specific downloads, so we're not having to download a bunch of stuff we don't need.

That word count constraint really prevented me from diving into each individual's personalities. Hopefully it gives you a good laugh and good luck to everyone who submitted. KSP my new home screen until that release date as well :D 

KSP NEWS LAUNCH REPORT #32B – “Artemis” MEDIA RELEASE

Among the three crew members on board the “Artemis” space capsule, have their hands full as their journey to Duna has come to a sudden halt. KSC received a report from the crew shortly after entering Duna’s gravitational field to perform an aerobraking maneuver to get captured into a low Duna orbit. Though there was no “significant” problems detected on launch or interplanetary transfer, the crew, consisting of Jebediah, Valentina and Bob Kerman, were up for a surprise when ordered to release the orbital command module before they performed a decelerating burn into Duna’s atmosphere and the land below.

The two pilots, given the task to run all pre-flight preparations for the burn, commanded Bob to perform the undocking between the two modules, hesitantly he did so. “Err…. Artemis #1, your parachutes have been ejected, please send your flight engineer to EVA and fix the problem, over.” KSC responded. “Well Duna-t worry about it, I’ve landed a couple of planes without wings or parachutes.” Jebediah insisted. “Unless your second job is to become an aerodynamically stable control surface, Ike-nt see it happening.” – KSC replied. “With all due respect, simply getting here with these low bidder parts was possible, I wouldn’t doubt Jebediah’s skills” Valentina stated. Unfortunately, with no flight engineer such as Bill on board, the KSC had no choice but to call an "emergency" return/abort mission. “I guess summer interns really can’t do one job...” an engineer commented.

The return trip would require another 160 days in interplanetary confinement with Jebediah’s bad puns. “It appears to be a software problem” Jebediah reported, “These programmers can’t tell the difference between a parachute and docking port”. Thus commenced the long debate whether it was the programmers or hardware team that led to mission failure.

Press Release: First Duna missions

Our scientists began thinking (which can lead to interesting results) and theorized that three contracts for the Duna system could be fulfilled in one fell swoop.  There was no requirement that the crew return right away, though it would be nice (mostly for them).  The entire KSC staff spent the few days watching the mission leave Kerbin's orbit, the first time this has happened on purpose.  Plus, it was a weekend.

The admin types returned to work the following Monday, accepting a contract to put a station into solar orbit.  In the planning meeting, the repairman who was fixing the snack vending machine at the time muttered that the only sensible thing to do was to also send this ship to Duna; a solar orbit, after all, could be just meters away from a Duna capture.  The repairman was promptly fired, and the second Duna mission was born.  The poor repairman left the grounds, grabbed a rock and slung it through a window, landing in the lead scientist's soda.  The ship designers became extra creative since somebody had spiked the soda due to a malfunctioning vending machine.  The fancy new ship made it to solar orbit, then the course was adjusted to a Duna capture. 

With the excitement over, it was back to more mundane missions closer to home. The lead scientist got some idea from somewhere that perhaps grabbing some rocks off the ground of our moons and subjecting them to experiments might be worthwhile.  He lobbied the admin types, but it wasn't until a contract from a third party to gather science from the surface of Minmus was brought forth that the mission plan was accepted.  When pressed, the head of the third party admitted he got the idea from their new snack vending machine repairman.

4 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Unsurprising, since the OP still says to post them here

I am aware of this, but since Uomocapra has closed the competition now in the other thread I think it wise to draw his attention here.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

Wow, I didn't see i have to post my article here. I saw a post by " Badie" that i have to post there. I am a little angry and sad now. If someone wants to read my article there is :

Jô- Today, we are going to talk with Jebediah Kerman, the first kerbal to walk in Laythe and see Jool with his own eyes. So Jebediah how was your trip ? Tell a little for us.

Jeb- There it had an amazing view, I really enjoyed the mission, theres just one problem...

Jô- What problem ?

Jeb- That spent a lot of time, its very difficult to wait, mainly because I was alone

Jô- How much time do you expent ?

Jeb- 2 years and 73 days, was a lot of time 

Jô- I agree, in my case, I cant wait too much time, probably I would become crazy.

Jeb-Yes, you have to be patient, and have self control

Jô- How much money have you earned ?

Jeb- I have not earned any money, I did the mission just by the pleasure and fun.

Jô- Wow ! Thats amazing, you are very brave and committed, congratulations.

Jeb- Thank you

Jô- Now, tell for us about the view, how was it ?

Jeb- That was amazing, like anything you have never seen.

Jô- You never saw anything so green ? Haha

Jeb- Yes, Jool is the greenest thing you will ever see.

Jô- What abou Laythe, there was like kerbin ?

Jeb- Its very similar, except the water, it smells like pee

(Laughs)

Jô- Someday do you want to return to Laythe

Jeb- Yes, and in the next time with more persons, and maybe build a base there, I can talk with Von Kerman to design one.

Jô- Ok folks, that was Jebediah Kerman, thank you, and see you next time !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jô- Hoje vamos conversar com Jebediah Kerman, o primeiro kerbal a andar em Laythe e ver Jool com os próprios olhos. Então, Jebediah, como foi a sua viagem? Conte um pouco para nós.

Jeb-Lá tinha uma vista fantástica, eu realmente gostei da missão, há apenas um problema ...

Jô- Que problema?

Jeb- Que passou muito tempo, é muito difícil esperar, principalmente porque eu estava sozinho

Jô- Quanto tempo você gastou?

Jeb- Demorou 2 anos e 73 dias, foi muito tempo

Jô- Concordo, no meu caso, não consigo esperar muito tempo, provavelmente me tornaria louco.

Jeb-Sim, você tem que ser paciente, e ter auto-controle

Jô- Quanto dinheiro você ganhou?

Jeb- Eu não ganhei nenhum dinheiro, eu fiz a missão apenas pelo prazer e diversão.

Jô- Uau! Isso é incrível, você é muito corajoso e comprometido, parabéns.

Jeb- Obrigado

Jô- Agora, diga para nós sobre a vista, como foi?

Jeb- foi incrível, é uma coisa como você nunca verá

Jô- Você nunca viu nada tão verde? Haha

Jeb- Sim, Jool é a coisa mais verde que você jamais verá.

Jô- Quanto a Laythe, lá é como kerbin?

Jeb- É muito semelhante, exceto a água, ela tem cheiro de xixi

(Risos)

Jô- Algum dia você quer voltar para Laythe ?

Jeb- Sim, e na próxima vez com mais pessoas, e talvez construir uma base lá, eu posso conversar com Von Kerman para projetar uma.

Jô- Ok gente, esse foi Jebediah Kerman, obrigado, e te vejo na próxima vez !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't know who is "Jô Kerman", he is a parody of Jô Soares. He is a TV presenter like Larry Luther King

Edited by thomas the kerbonaut

1 hour ago, thomas the kerbonaut said:

Wow, I didn't see i have to post my article here. I saw a post by " Badie" that i have to post there. I am a little angry and sad now.

I think that was the correct thread. You might not have made the cut for different reasons.

There seem to be some communication deficits between our Community Leads. This thread's OP should have been updated the instant Badie split the two threads, yet it still has the old "post in this forum thread" line even today. This no doubt created no small degree of confusion in various competitors, and continues to do so. Might I be so bold as to suggest that you two talk a bit more, @Badie and @UomoCapra?

On 2017/3/3 at 6:34 AM, Foxster said:

I'm not sure exactly who you thought would be excited. 

If someone is reading this forum then they already have KSP and get along well enough with it in English to be interested enough to read here an announcement of super-duper new stuff. So not many of these folks are going to be excited about language localisation.

Those that might be attracted newly to the game because it is to be available in their first language aren't here yet to get excited.    

Which leaves just those getting excited about the competition. 

well I am one of those who are reading this post and are genuinely excited about this release. I am Chinese, and I have been in the UK for 5 years. I love KSP and I had always wanted to localize it for Chinese-speaking players. I have done a localization patch for Planetary Annihilation, but unfortunately as I am very new to coding, I am unable to solve problems that were encountered during the localization process of KSP and eventually I gave up. There are many players in China who cannot understand what the tutorial is teaching them, or the orbital mechanics contents of the game. Although localization won't help them learn orbital mechanics, at least now they know what the data is about, what the parts' functions are, etc. I am personally very happy to see the official Chinese localization being released, which means more stability and constant updates (there have been a number of unofficial language packs already), and in turn they lead to better gaming experience.

4 hours ago, thomas the kerbonaut said:

Wow, I didn't see i have to post my article here. I saw a post by " Badie" that i have to post there. I am a little angry and sad now.

The Badie's thread was the correct one to post entries... But, the contest did close on Monday, finalist were already picked (sob!) and voting goes on since Tuesday... Therefore I would say somebody missed the opening hours..

2 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

This thread's OP should have been updated the instant Badie split the two threads, yet it still has the old "post in this forum thread" line even today.

Nevertheless, this should have been solved... I only hope submissions droped in here only (in time) got included. For future reference it would be great to avoid such confusing thread spliting.

Anyhow, I only recommend to go to the finalist thread, read the posts there and vote... Those are realy, realy good - and that I say as contestant with multiple entries which not a single one got to finale. Those finalist entries are absolutely superb!

Edited by Skalgrin
changing it to human language :-)

1 hour ago, Skalgrin said:

The Badie's thread was the correct one to post entries... But, the contest did close on Monday, finalist were already picked (sob!) and voting goes on since Tuesday... Therefore I would say somebody missed the opening hours..

Nevertheless, this should have been solved... I only hope submissions droped in here only (in time) got included. For future reference it would be great to avoid such confusing thread spliting.

Anyhow, I only recommend to go to the finalist thread, read the posts there and vote... Those are realy, realy good - and that I say as contestant with multiple entries which not a single one got to finale. Those finalist entries are absolutely superb!

I don't know if Badie post was the correct post, because I posted my article there and I had one like. Some finalists didn't had any

2 hours ago, thomas the kerbonaut said:

I don't know if Badie post was the correct post, because I posted my article there and I had one like. Some finalists didn't had any

Finalist were chosen based mainly on a judgement of a "jury" of few Squad employees, it was mentioned in the rules. The likes were decisive when they were truly many or when the jury was unsure. I had personaly several entries, some of them 3+ likes and I did not get in the finale. However imho the jury did damn good job, the finalist entries are very good, superb to mines no matter how many likes they had. Do not be sad just because you are not in finale. It was already hinted more contests like that may happen in future. So, crack your fingers, polish your mouse and excercise your mind. We will show them next time... or not :-)

The poll based only on likes would be easily exploitable (friends, multiple forum accounts), that is why Squad probably chose internal jury.

11 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I think that was the correct thread. You might not have made the cut for different reasons.

There seem to be some communication deficits between our Community Leads. This thread's OP should have been updated the instant Badie split the two threads, yet it still has the old "post in this forum thread" line even today. This no doubt created no small degree of confusion in various competitors, and continues to do so. Might I be so bold as to suggest that you two talk a bit more, @Badie and @UomoCapra?

Yes @0111narwhalz it was a little confusing for some people and we are learning from this so it will never happen again! Thanks 

13 hours ago, thomas the kerbonaut said:

Wow, I didn't see i have to post my article here. I saw a post by " Badie" that i have to post there. I am a little angry and sad now. If someone wants to read my article there is :

Jô- Today, we are going to talk with Jebediah Kerman, the first kerbal to walk in Laythe and see Jool with his own eyes. So Jebediah how was your trip ? Tell a little for us.

Jeb- There it had an amazing view, I really enjoyed the mission, theres just one problem...

Jô- What problem ?

Jeb- That spent a lot of time, its very difficult to wait, mainly because I was alone

Jô- How much time do you expent ?

Jeb- 2 years and 73 days, was a lot of time 

Jô- I agree, in my case, I cant wait too much time, probably I would become crazy.

Jeb-Yes, you have to be patient, and have self control

Jô- How much money have you earned ?

Jeb- I have not earned any money, I did the mission just by the pleasure and fun.

Jô- Wow ! Thats amazing, you are very brave and committed, congratulations.

Jeb- Thank you

Jô- Now, tell for us about the view, how was it ?

Jeb- That was amazing, like anything you have never seen.

Jô- You never saw anything so green ? Haha

Jeb- Yes, Jool is the greenest thing you will ever see.

Jô- What abou Laythe, there was like kerbin ?

Jeb- Its very similar, except the water, it smells like pee

(Laughs)

Jô- Someday do you want to return to Laythe

Jeb- Yes, and in the next time with more persons, and maybe build a base there, I can talk with Von Kerman to design one.

Jô- Ok folks, that was Jebediah Kerman, thank you, and see you next time !

Jô- Hoje vamos conversar com Jebediah Kerman, o primeiro kerbal a andar em Laythe e ver Jool com os próprios olhos. Então, Jebediah, como foi a sua viagem? Conte um pouco para nós.

Jeb-Lá tinha uma vista fantástica, eu realmente gostei da missão, há apenas um problema ...

Jô- Que problema?

Jeb- Que passou muito tempo, é muito difícil esperar, principalmente porque eu estava sozinho

Jô- Quanto tempo você gastou?

Jeb- Demorou 2 anos e 73 dias, foi muito tempo

Jô- Concordo, no meu caso, não consigo esperar muito tempo, provavelmente me tornaria louco.

Jeb-Sim, você tem que ser paciente, e ter auto-controle

Jô- Quanto dinheiro você ganhou?

Jeb- Eu não ganhei nenhum dinheiro, eu fiz a missão apenas pelo prazer e diversão.

Jô- Uau! Isso é incrível, você é muito corajoso e comprometido, parabéns.

Jeb- Obrigado

Jô- Agora, diga para nós sobre a vista, como foi?

Jeb- foi incrível, é uma coisa como você nunca verá

Jô- Você nunca viu nada tão verde? Haha

Jeb- Sim, Jool é a coisa mais verde que você jamais verá.

Jô- Quanto a Laythe, lá é como kerbin?

Jeb- É muito semelhante, exceto a água, ela tem cheiro de xixi

(Risos)

Jô- Algum dia você quer voltar para Laythe ?

Jeb- Sim, e na próxima vez com mais pessoas, e talvez construir uma base lá, eu posso conversar com Von Kerman para projetar uma.

Jô- Ok gente, esse foi Jebediah Kerman, obrigado, e te vejo na próxima vez !

If you don't know who is "Jô Kerman", he is a parody of Jô Soares. He is a TV presenter like Larry Luther King

Native Spanish speaker I take it?

On 3/15/2017 at 11:00 PM, thomas the kerbonaut said:

Obrigado

That's Brazilian Portuguese.

I had a Brazilian girlfriend for 10 years. She taught me all the swear words first, then I used them in front of her relatives in Rio with a perfect Carioca accent. They were immensely amused by my fearless, child-like usage of the rudest possible phrases utterable.