KSP 1.2.9 and 1.3: Localization Update Stationary Train Consist

Whirligig Girl

nonono!! NONONO!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!

If the quality of russian translation presented on the screenshots is final - this is total fail...

It is incomplete, it is ugly, it is wrong!

Where do I volunteer as a translator? I have worked for some international products as a translator, so probably I can fix that?

5 hours ago, -ELF- said:

nonono!! NONONO!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!

If the quality of russian translation presented on the screenshots is final - this is total fail...

It is incomplete, it is ugly, it is wrong!

Where do I volunteer as a translator? I have worked for some international products as a translator, so probably I can fix that?

You may have missed the boat.  They asked for volunteers a while ago.

19 hours ago, Matthew Newell said:

Man I'm looking forward to chucking it in Spanish and learning Orbital Mechanics in a language I can't even speak fluently :D

En primer lugar, volar a una altitud de 20000 metros. A continuación, realice una vuelta de gravedad sobre el gravitacional hacia el este. Siga ardiendo hasta que pueda salir de la atmósfera. Establecer un nodo de maniobra en apoapsis para obtener su periapsis por encima de 70 kilómetros, y establecer otro nodo en apoapsis circularizar.

Eh, I've been a complainer, but I'll take a ticket anyway. I mostly had issue with how Squad has handled communication with the community, not really with the localization work itself. More widespread inclusion for KSP hype!

Bug fixes? Relocalization? I'm hyped! Bug fixes are always great, and a still bigger community sounds awesome.

Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and call that the secret mystery upgrade is a reworking of the science defs. It's something really cool they can do without a lot of community involvement (ie. bug-testing),  and there's no better time to do it than when they have all their localization teams together. Plus they probably wouldn't want to tell us about it in advance or else they'd get ALLLLL the suggestions :) . I'm guilty, too. :lol:

Stock solar glitch space train hype!

Kerbal_Space_Program_2017_03_07_16_51_34

Edited by Cunjo Carl

If only the terrain fix is about fluctuation of the surface including runway... hype.

(I'd like to see just a small bit of procedural work here for the smallest scale)

EDIT: Just found out that runway fix is just about the modeling. So... I can't be hyped. Sorry for posting this.

Edited by Reusables

I think the localisation is good news.  Russia seems to breed more than its fair share of aeronautical engineers (Sukhoi, Tupolev etc. etc.   is it something in their breakfast cereal?)  so more Russian players = more interesting craft  on KerbalX  and even more foul-mouthed machinimas to watch on Youtube.     

Also I'm sure Japanese Kawaii culture is going to love Kerbals.  I want my Kerbal doll and fancy dress outfit now !  

On 4.3.2017 at 2:36 PM, klgraham1013 said:

It's in this update.  I can finally start driving rovers again since the great wheel tragedy of 1.1.

Its about time! I attempted to make a submarine but I could never get it all the way from the end of the launchpad to the ocean without the carrier wheels getting destroyed!

23 hours ago, AeroGav said:

Also I'm sure Japanese Kawaii culture is going to love Kerbals.  I want my Kerbal doll and fancy dress outfit now !  

Honestly, I'm STILL waiting on a kerbal mod that swaps out the Kerbal models with chibi/SD versions of anime characters. I wouldn't mind going to space with the character from the likes of Stratos 4 or Rocket Girls.

Though as far as I know, the kerbal models are hard-coded and can't be modded out for different models. Last I recall, even the dev of TextureReplacer hated dealing with the in-game kerbal models. (There was the time when the genders had models that were handled completely differently in-game or something.)

I'd be hyped about the strut thing, but I still use KJR for cleaner designs. The terrain/runway fix is the main thing for me. Otherwise any real issues I have with KSP tend to be mod-related. I recently got reminded how an improperly configured SmokeScreen setting could destroy FPS (I was messing around with the particle limit...) I also recently ran into an Out of Memory situation. KSP literally ate up all the free RAM I had on my system. First time that's happened since I started using the x64 versions (dating back to the 0.90 workaround.) Might have something to do with the current edition of GravityTurn as I was using it extensively during that session, plus lots of reverts (testing an Apollo-style system at the time.) Luckily it crashed on my while I was still in atmosphere, so my save when I restarted KSP was at launch. (Yay for no stranded Kerbals, though it was a sandbox game anyway.)

If they squeeze in more bug fixes, performance fixes, quality of life improvements, I'm fine. I may not be hyped about it, but *shrug* I never cared for software updates like they're done these days to begin with. I'm more used to the old, 90's-era PC software (gamebreaking or extreme unbalancing bugs only; added content via paid expansion packs) or console (what you bought is what you get and nothing else) styles. Still, I won't complain if it's free. (Despite some of my complaints about KSP being a "game" versus just a simulator... But that's something else.)

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, AeroGav said:

I think the localisation is good news.  Russia seems to breed more than its fair share of aeronautical engineers (Sukhoi, Tupolev etc. etc.   is it something in their breakfast cereal?)  so more Russian players = more interesting craft  on KerbalX  and even more foul-mouthed machinimas to watch on Youtube.     

as Native Russian speaker I strongly disagree. with todays ease of translation players who are intelligent enough to play KSP will not find it to hard to find their way in the game (no need to flip through paper dictionaries). It is not a barrier. English happens to be the language of science and technology . the only good thing about this effort is Squad having additional revenue which I guess does not make it a totally wasted effort.

I do not disagree on Kawaii however :)

On 3/8/2017 at 0:45 AM, Abastro said:

EDIT: Just found out that runway fix is just about the modeling. So... I can't be hyped. Sorry for posting this.

You may want dig your hypeometer out of the trash. I distinctly recall in a devnote some time in the past few months them reporting they fixed the runway. I recall this because the people mad about terrain seams were mad that all it was was a fix to the runway and not the terrain seams.

11 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

You may want dig your hypeometer out of the trash. I distinctly recall in a devnote some time in the past few months them reporting they fixed the runway. I recall this because the people mad about terrain seams were mad that all it was was a fix to the runway and not the terrain seams.

Oh man, now I am hyped!! And I'm on a train!

12 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

...and then both were said to be fixed and there was much rejoicing!

On 3/7/2017 at 8:58 AM, TheKosanianMethod said:

En primer lugar, volar a una altitud de 20000 metros. A continuación, realice una vuelta de gravedad sobre el gravitacional hacia el este. Siga ardiendo hasta que pueda salir de la atmósfera. Establecer un nodo de maniobra en apoapsis para obtener su periapsis por encima de 70 kilómetros, y establecer otro nodo en apoapsis circularizar.

Google translate perhaps?

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

I just read today's patch-notes. I'll let someone else add in the details, but there were some more things that might be added in 1.3. Yes, they called it 1.3. So I am slightly hyped. :)